By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Playstation 3 overtakes Xbox 360 in France

The streams have finally crossed . According to French research group Tns-Sofres PS3 has overtaken the X360 in terms of total marketshare. This is what they disclosed in their article in French :-

"PlayStation domine toujours de très loin le marché avec encore un tiers des foyers joueurs équipés de PS2 et 13% de foyers équipés en PS1. La Wii est juste derrière, avec 11% de foyers équipés. La Xbox équipe 10% des foyers joueurs, la GameCube 8%, la PS3 5% et la Xbox 360 se maintient à 4%. "

which is translated as :-

"PlayStation dominates always by far the market with still a third of the hearths players equipped with PS2 and 13% of hearths equipped in PS1. Wii is right behind, with 11% of hearths equipped. Xbox equips 10% with the hearths players, GameCube 8%, the PS3 5% and Xbox 360 is maintained to 4%. "

http://www.n4g.com/News-92209.aspx

But VGChartz says 300k PS3 and 500k X360 in France...

Around the Network

I find this a bit strange, considering that past reports from France had vgchartz being pretty accurate. Am I remembering wrong?

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

PS3 is out of stock in France for a few weeks now. (the Wii too)

X360 is still avaible.

Those numbers are from a survey, they're not sales data. Likely the survey isn't a good representation of the whole population in France.

I just noticed that there is another thread about this:

http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=11984

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

Around the Network

Updates:
NOTE :- The distibution was not based on the survey and is BASED ON INSTALLED BASE of each console

The Playstaion 3 has overtaken Xbox 360 in terms of total hardware sales in FRANCE

I am adding another link which has better translated TEXTS

http://www.playfuls.com/news_11918_New_details_about_the_French_gaming_market.html

Here is what the BETTER TRANSLATED LINK says:-

"The profile of the average gamer in France has undergone some changes, like the fact that the proportion of very young gamers (below 10 years of age) has increased by 13 percent compared to last year. The mean age of the French gamer is still 25, but there are considerably less gamers now from the 15-25 category that there were a year ago (27%, a 6 percent fall). TNS Sofres says that more than 40 percent of the gamers in France are women/girls"

" The console war seems to give Sony the king's crown, but also underlines Nintendo's impressive progress (like everywhere else in the world). The PlayStation brand by far dominates the French market, with more than a third of hardcore gamers being "equipped" with a PS2, while 13% are still enamoured with their PS1. The Wii comes next, with 11% of the gamers owning Nintendo's product. The Xbox trails the Wii with 10%, while the Xbox 360 has only 4% market share, even behind its later-arrived rival PlayStation 3 (5%). The good-ol' GameCube is still young and fresh, at 8% market share."

PLEASE see GOOGLE's translated TEXT for better understanding as well

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

i thought there was an article that said ps3 beat 360 for 07 in france,do you guys this is also talking about 07

that's a poll made by phone on a few thousand people about which consoles they have at home... You can't say that PS3 has overtaken the 360 in sales because 1% more of the people answered they have a PS3.

@koffie: Should be. Statistical error should be within 3% (with 90% trust as far as I remember). However with so little numbers for 360 and PS3 three per cents is a lot.
Other thing: Living in Poland and observing electional research teaches that 3% percent error is being broken much often than it should.

They are hoping to sell 500k by the end of year.

anyway, they sold 100k ps3 since october 12 till november 11.
while on vgchartz only 40k for that 4 weeks.
http://lyricis.canalblog.com/archives/2007/11/15/6900180.html

Every 5 seconds on earth one child dies from hunger...

2009.04.30 - PS3 will OUTSELL x360 atleast by the middle of 2010. Japan+Europe > NA.

Gran Turismo 3 - 1,06 mln. in 3 weeks with around 4 mln. PS2 on the launch.
Gran Turismo 4 - 1,16 mln. with 18 mln. PS2 on the launch.

Final Fantasy X - around 2 mln. with 5 mln. PS2 on the launch.
Final Fantasy X-2 - 2.4 mln. with 12 mln. PS2 on the launch.

1.8 mln. PS3 today(2008.01.17) in Japan. Now(2009.04.30) 3.16 mln. PS3 were sold in Japan.
PS3 will reach 4 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 25k.

PS3 may reach 5 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 50k.
PS2 2001 vs PS3 2008 sales numbers =) + New games released in Japan by 2009 that passed 100k so far