By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Xbox Live Rewards program launches

dreamcast210 said:
Wagram said:
TRios_Zen said:
Wagram said:

Yay, you get prizes for spending money at their store. Hmm, if only you could have saved that money to buy something that you liekd rather than a potentially sucky gift they're going to give you.

Just liked Credit Card rewards programs. YAYYYY BONUS REWARDS!!! I spent 1500 bucks where's my rewards....oh shit now I have to pay 18% interest back.

This doesn't make any sense though...

Nobody's forcing you to buy anything...you don't want it, don't buy it, no problem.  IF you do want it, and were going to anyway, then you get rewards for it. 

How is this a "losing" situation for anyone?

It isn't if you planned on buying that stuff anyways. I just find it to be funny that there are people out there who will spend there money on this stuff just because there are rewards attached to them. Though they completely forget (like in the credit card example) that they have to pay back interest. or that they off-set something else they could have bought with something potentially sucky.

It only doesn't make sense on credit cards if you carry a balance. I charge everything every month on my credit card, pay it off at the end of the month, and get great rewards just for buying what I would have anyway. Not sure what your problem is with this system. If you were going to by the DLC, renew your subscription, etc. anyway, then this is a great bonus to get something in return for being a loyal customer.

I agree with this post. Its doesn't hurt you to do it and who knows what you may get for free.

Around the Network

Wow,amazing,sensational, stupendous,outstanding...or not. I see some saying it's better than nothing but the rewards are so small they're close to useless, u could get all those bonuses and u still can't even buy a decent DLC.

10 points per month? Great. In a year and 3 months I'll be able to buy a hat for my avatar.

This is an embarrasment. Microsoft, you just earned a negative achievement.

Sorry for bad English.

zzamaro said:

Wow,amazing,sensational, stupendous,outstanding...or not. I see some saying it's better than nothing but the rewards are so small they're close to useless, u could get all those bonuses and u still can't even buy a decent DLC.

10 points per month? Great. In a year and 3 months I'll be able to buy a hat for my avatar.

Are you seriously bitching about something that will only benefit you? (even if its hardly anything)

Something is better than nothing.

zzamaro said:

Haters gonna hate.

Try Gamefly for a month and get another one free!

http://gamefly.tellapal.com/a/clk/406vc

This is cool and long overdue, it's just sucks that everyone who has been paying for Live before this gets nothing special and I doubt anyone (like me) who has renewed within the last month will get anything.  ;_;

-edit-

And the credit card remark is as rediculous as the achievement picture.

Around the Network

Not available in Canada? Well that sucks! Gonna have to wait almost two more years like with Netflix to get that program here?

Random game thought :
Why is Bionic Commando Rearmed 2 getting so much hate? We finally get a real game and they're not even satisfied... I'm starting to hate the gaming community so f****** much...

Watch my insane gameplay videos on my YouTube page!

There is a family pack?  I didn't know that.  What's the Xbox live gold family pack give you?

Tag: Hawk - Reluctant Dark Messiah (provided by fkusumot)

Hawk said:

There is a family pack?  I didn't know that.  What's the Xbox live gold family pack give you?

A Master Gold Live account and three "child" gold accounts.  The master account controls the others I beleive.  Something like that.

I think it's $99 for a year, but makes sense for families that have multiple Gamertags on Live.

Hawk said:

Whoops, not trying to spam sorry, but here's the info for you: http://majornelson.com/archive/2010/11/03/xbox-live-gold-family-pack-now-available.aspx

TRios_Zen said:
Hawk said:

Whoops, not trying to spam sorry, but here's the info for you: http://majornelson.com/archive/2010/11/03/xbox-live-gold-family-pack-now-available.aspx

Thank You.  I already pay for two accounts, my wife and I, so getting a family pack won't cost me anymore.  Awesome, thanks!

Tag: Hawk - Reluctant Dark Messiah (provided by fkusumot)