By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Admit it, Nintendo totally blew it.

Final-Fan said:
ishkabibble said:
Final-Fan said:
ishkabibble said:
Final-Fan said:
If you say I shouldn't accuse you of ___ when I am guilty in many places of the same thing, I don't think it's "nitpicking" to point out that most of those alleged instances of ___ are in fact nothing of the sort.

Your present behavior only increases my suspicions that you are trolling me, but I await your main response.

"Most" or "many" is irrelevant. _Any_ is what matters; you're a hypocrite.

I'm not here just for you. I'm one of the small minority who agrees with the original poster, and am annoyed at Nintendo for not meeting demand for over a year. Take a look at Nintendo's stock chart for the past 3 months, imagine you had a LOT of Nintendo stock, and then you might start to see where I'm coming from.

Then you're a hypocrite too, along with almost everyone on the planet. What's your point?

[edit3: Actually, now that I think about it, what I did was not hypocritical at all. Although I certainly don't condone condescension or belittlement, what I was objecting to in the post that started this exchange was your failure to address my argument.]

[edit: I do have over ten thousand dollars of Nintendo stock [edit2: on a current income of 25k], athough I'm aware that's much less than the amount you report (assuming "almost six figures" (IIRC) was referring to US dollars).

[P.S. If you have time for these responses, why don't you have time to respond to the main post? It's been days now.]

How am I a hypocrite about "belittling"? You made the accusation, and I was simply pointing out your hypocrisy. You know, glass houses and stuff.

I've got a dozen people showing up in two days and am getting my place and food ready. I don't have time to write a lengthy analytical post right now, especially to somone who's take pedantic to a whole new level.

My post: "Regarding your condescending dismissal of my iPod commentary: you chose to ignore my argument in favor of belittling me."

Your post: "You called me belittling and condescending? Look at your own posting style before making accusations."

My post: My posting style is nearly, but not completely, free of belittling and condescending remarks.

Your post: Doesn't matter, hypocrite.

My post: Does matter, and I'm not a hypocrite unless your standards are so strict that everyone is a hypocrite. And your example of my hypocrisy was in fact not hypocrisy.

My accusation was that "you chose to ignore my argument in favor of belittling me". The belittlement is not the accusation; the ignoring of my argument is the accusation. Calling the remark "condescending" was simply a description, which you can dispute if you feel it is an unfair one. I never said "OMG you're insulting me, you are a horrible person."

If you have time to constantly monitor this thread over a period of two days and respond repeatedly on it, then you have time to formulate a full response to my main post. It shouldn't take more than 30 minutes, or at most an hour.

Every response you have made to my posts has been similarly tangential and has similarly failed to answer the main points I have made. For a while this made me think you were trolling. Now I believe that you are just failing to read my posts carefully. My current theory is that, despite looking at this thread ten times a day, you feel you have "no time" to thoroughly read and fully respond to my posts, so you skim it and respond off the top of your head to whatever catches your eye without bothering to make sure you've fully answered my point or that you've even correctly read my post (e.g. the Jigglypuff quote). Is my theory correct?

Just because I like to carefully and thoroughly respond to the arguments and allegations of others doesn't make me a pedant. [edit: unless you mean it in the sense of "a formalist or precisionist", which I doubt.]

Your theory is mostly right; I feel a bit overwhelmed at the moment. I'd love to have 30 consecutive minutes free over the next few days. I'm not going to be able to formulate a response up to your standards until at least after XMas, so please chill for a while. At best, the discussion is only going to continue in the same vein until then.

Around the Network

I don't have a problem with waiting. Take two days off to get ready for your party. Hell, take two days off to recover from your party. And then when you get back you can carefully respond to everything at once. And then it'll take me a week to remember this thread exists, but c'est la vie.

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!
I have the most epic death scene ever in VGChartz Mafia.  Thanks WordsofWisdom!