By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Xbox 360: Potential Exclusives going forward

So it can't just be me that thinks the X360 exclusive line up for 2011 is pretty lax (please if you're a Sony fan visiting this thread, save yourself from moderation and don't troll.)

Apart from Gears 3, there is NO other high calibre game we know of right now. We have Kingdoms from Crytek (is that 2011?) and the 5 Kinect Japanese core titles. Also XCOM is suppose to be out this year but havnt heard much about that.

Here are the previous 2 years for an idea on how many console/exclusives MS go for.

Halo: Reach
Fable III
Crackdown 2
Mass Effect 2
Alan Wake
Splinter Cell Conviction
Kinect Line up

Halo 3: ODST
Forza Motorsport 3
Left 4 Dead 2
Halo: Wars

These are the studios most likely to announce/release in 2011

Firebird Studios
Rare
Turn10

Here are some possibles

Viva Pinata: Kinect

In 2008 RARE managed to not only work on the entire Avatar section for the NXE, but release Banjo Nuts & Bolts and Viva Pinata TIP.

Since then we've only seen a Perfect Dark XBLA Port, and Kinect Sports. Combined with the news last year they were expanding, it's more than likely they have at least 2 games in development, with one being announced and released this year. Going on the surprise success of Kinectimals (admit it, you expected it to get panned by critics) VP Kinect would borrow a lot of the ideas from this.

A normal VP game is out of the question given how the previous 2 have sold, but Kinect could give it a platform for
success.

Splinter Cell 6

We now know SC6 is in development, but is it exclusive? Were Ubisoft happy with the sales? SC:Conviction is already the best selling SC game since the original and should top 2 million, about the middle/upper limit the franchise can achieve.

Prototype 2

This teaser isn't confirmed to be P2, but it's on Acitivsions site, the art style is the same and it's long been rumoured. I have to rephrase, this is Acti-give-me-all-the-money-in-the-world-vision. So unless MS throw mega bucsk their way, this won't be exlcusive. It would however be a great exclusive going up against Infamous2.

Project Gotham Racing 5

Who knows what is going on with this studio, last I heard they were being sold off? But a PGR was in the making. The franchise is exclusive to Xbox/360 so it's unlikely this would be multiplat, Blur, their last game however was, so perhaps it's not quite in the bag yet.

Left 4 Dead 3

Perhaps announcing and releasing a sequel to L4D less than a year after it released wasn't such a good call in terms of fan service, the game however sold better than the original, topping 3 mill units on 360, likely a lot more on PC/Steam. This will come at one point, it's just up for debate on whether it'll be exclusive given the recent love Valve have been giving Sony.

Halo Wars 2 ... Kinect?

Ensemble have been closed down, so it wouldn't be them making HW2. But they did spin off into several new companys including Bonfire Studios. The game sold moderatly well overall, poor for a Halo game, but amazing for an RTS on a console. Ripe for Kinectifying, Halo Wars 2 could be everything the core gamer is asking of Kinect, a Halo game, that works well on Kinect, without butchering the FPS version ...

Grand Theft Auto V

Long shot I know, however the Timed DLC deal proved one thing, Rock* will accept MS' money. With Agent exclusive to Sony PS3 (for no logical reason given it's going to sell best in the west where 360 has dominance) maybe it's some sort of peace deal for the possibility of GTAV going at least timed exclusive to 360?

Alan Wake 2

Yes the last one took YEARS to come out, but that was due to mid dev cycle changes from sandbox to liner and whatever else reasons. It would be a stretch to come out in 2011, but perhaps an announcment at the least? Or Alan Wake: Kinect Edition?

Hope you enjoyed reading, let me know what other games we could be seeing on the 360 next year!

Around the Network

why will prototype,gta be exclusive?

GTA will be multiplat and if exclusive,it will be PS3 exlcusive more likely

alan wake and splinter cell will be too early,more likely for 2012

HALO WARS,PGR,VIVA RINATA is possible

L4D is in limbo as PS3 FPS gamers have significantly increased as you could see the COD sales

Cool thread but not many of those are likely.

I'm certain Splinter Cell goes multiplat and L4D3 too. None of the big publishers will make games in their big franchises exclusives anymore.

Kingdoms will either come out in 2011 and suck... or it won't come out until 2012.

Alan Wake 2 - no, Remedy are far too slow.

You forgot to mention The First Templar (PC/X360) though lol... I'm actually looking forward to that one.

i doubt L4D will be exclusive but i dont know.

PGR5 and Forza 3 and Kingdoms please in 2011.

VANELYROC said:

GTA will be multiplat

Period.

OT: I really don't know just what they'll be announcing, but I really hope they're not timed exclusives or even 360/PC only games. My take:

- It's too early for Alan Wake 2.

- PGR5 is very possible.

- There's no chance Prototype 2 will be exclusive given the sales of the first game on both platforms.

- Splinter Cell is a possibility as another exclusive, but not in 2011.

- We know Turn 10 are making Forza Motorsport 4.

- Maybe 343 Industries will unveil a new game.

- Possible that Wingnut Interactive will finally announce something.

So what's available for 2011 is out there, really.

Rockstar: Announce Bully 2 already and make gamers proud!

Kojima: Come out with Project S already!

Around the Network
Slimebeast said:

I'm certain Splinter Cell goes multiplat and L4D3 too. None of the big publishers will make games in their big franchises exclusives anymore.

Kingdoms will either come out in 2011 and suck... or it won't come out until 2012.

You forgot to mention The First Templar (PC/X360) though lol... I'm actually looking forward to that one.

LOOOOL

Like GT5 right ? rofl

VANELYROC said:

why will prototype,gta be exclusive?

GTA will be multiplat and if exclusive,it will be PS3 exlcusive more likely

alan wake and splinter cell will be too early,more likely for 2012

HALO WARS,PGR,VIVA RINATA is possible

L4D is in limbo as PS3 FPS gamers have significantly increased as you could see the COD sales

Not at all, if it's exclusive it'll be because someone has offered them money. No other reason, even then, why would they give it to the PS3, when GTAIV sold better on X360 ... such a bad business decision to make. Rockstar won't be thinking about yesterday (aka last gen) sales.

LovePeace said:
Slimebeast said:

LOOOOL

Like GT5 right ? rofl

What's that supposed to mean?

Rockstar: Announce Bully 2 already and make gamers proud!

Kojima: Come out with Project S already!

Those don't Seem all that likely..Maybe SC6 but even then..Im Not Going to worry about it, I know MS has Something for us.

Forza 4?

Halo CE remake?

Atto Suggests...:

Book - Malazan Book of the Fallen series 

Game - Metro Last Light

TV - Deadwood

Music - Forest Swords 

Seece said:

Grand Theft Auto V

Long shot I know, however the Timed DLC deal proved one thing, Rock* will accept MS' money. With Agent exclusive to Sony PS3 (for no logical reason given it's going to sell best in the west where 360 has dominance) maybe it's some sort of peace deal for the possibility of GTAV going at least timed exclusive to 360?

I think its a peace deal for GTA IV (360) getting the DLC or something like that