By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Why I believe Epic games is the best game developer ever.

So they are the best devs ever for fixing what was said to be bad about the previous game in the series ? 

Its not like anyone else does it

Around the Network

Treyarch is another company that's great in terms of listening to the community. They've done more patches/fixes for Black Ops already than Infinity Ward did in all of CoD4 and MW2 combined.

In terms of good games then I like Insomniac, Naughty Dog, Bethesda, Rockstar, etc.

zgamer5 said:

i love bioware.

This.

Personally at the current time I believe Naughty Dog is the best developers. However my favorite developers have and allways probably will be Square-Enix.

toastboy44562 said:

Don't worry I'm not going to start saying because Gears of War is the best series ever blah blah blah.

Epic games is the best game developer in my opinion because they're ability to connect to the general public. Cliffy B for instance, regularly speaks to consumers for ideas and improvements for his new games. They set up Gears of War.com so that the public can post what they want in Gears 3 and Epic games responds to it quite nicely.

People wanted dedicated servers in Gears 3...It became a reality

People wanted a Beta for Gears 3...It became a reality

People wanted them to bring back berserkers...It became a reality

People wanted them to add customization to Gears 3...It became a reality

People wanted 4 player co-op in gears 3 (Despite Epic games saying they don't want to add it) it became a reality

People wanted them to fix the shotgun in Gears 2...Became reality

Epic also did the event where people decide the fate of carmine.

I just feel Epic games is the best at Giving the players what they want and is good at reaching out to the public. Bonus, there's a slid right outside of their office :D

I also like the conditions of lionhead..not as much as Epic games though...

What game Dev do you think is great?

A lot of game developers are like this, but if you only appreciate them for their work on Gears, then that really shows your young age.

Jazz Jackrabbit and Unreal Tournament FTW (not to mention some shareware titles in the old days)!

But which devs I respect the most...I have to gather a list. I'll get back to this.

Rockstar: Announce Bully 2 already and make gamers proud!

Kojima: Come out with Project S already!

Around the Network

I do think they are a very good developer, but lately they have been too busy promoting their engine, while their games quality is declining...imo GeoW 2<GeoW<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<UT2004<UT

I like Rockstar.

Nintendo is prob the best developer though.

freebs2 said:

imo GeoW 2<GeoW<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<UT2004<UT

So true.

Rockstar: Announce Bully 2 already and make gamers proud!

Kojima: Come out with Project S already!

Even though I love the Gears of War franchise and play the hell out of Gears 2 online (made it to rank 100 twice), I am going to have to disagree with you big time.

Epic Games is only good at making flashy graphics. When Gears 2 came out, multiplayer was even more broken than Gears 1. Matchmaking didn't work day one. The shotgun hit the ground when you hip fired for three months after the game was released. The smoke grenade stun was the biggest mistake ever. The sniper rifle registers headshots only about 75% of the time even after they supposedly fixed it. No host migration so when the host quits you're boned. Host advantage is like turning on God mode.

And after all of these problems you would say Epic Games is the best developer? Gears 2 doesn't work correctly after 6 title updates. Let that sink in for a second...

Most of these "plusses" you mention in the OP are to make the game at least work when it is released. Even with the beta and dedicated servers, the game won't work perfectly when it is released. And 4 player co op should have been done awhile ago. The game is about a four person squad. It's nice that they are admitting they blow at making online games work at least.

If Gears 2 worked correctly from day one then I would agree with you. At this point they are just trying to save their asses.

I <3 Valve XD (though kojima is the best if in can count him on his own lol)

Yeah i know my spelling sucks but im dysgraphic so live with it :3    

---------------------------------------------------Bets--------------------------------------------------

Conegamer - I say that the PS3 will beat the DS next week in Japan  (for hardware sales) Forfeit is control over others avatar for 1 week.