By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Resident Evil 5 for Wii Petition.

If we get cheap wii makes of zero, 1, 2, 3, and code veronica I will be happy

Around the Network
Parokki said:
Capcom currently has RE5, DMC4, SF4, and a bunch of new IPs coming out as 360/PS3 multiplats, but no major Wii projects other than Monster Hunter 3, Z&W2 and a port of Okami announced.

It's pretty much obvious that at least one of those is going to end up on the Wii, but other than that it's pure guesswork. My guess is that they'll ditch the HD version of RE5 and make it a Wii exclusive. Out of the three it's clearly the furthest from completion (least amount of wasted work), the gameplay is almost certain to include absolutely nothing that wouldn't run on the Wii if you put it in SD, and there's ample evidence that people would buy it (sales of RE4 port). They might make it a Wii/360 and/or PS3 multiplat as well, but they've got plenty of games on the HD consoles already, and making the same game in both SD and HD would probably be a lot of trouble.

No offense to you personally, but this is a great example of how some Wii fans are living in a fantasy world.

RE5 will be huge on PS3 and 360.

Okami is a great PS2 game and like RE4 should have better controls on the Wii, but notice how the PS2 is comparable to the Wii, not the PS3.

ummm, how about RE 5.5 for Wii? Everyone get their cake.

twesterm said:
Avinash_Tyagi said:
Harvey Birdman said:
Avinash_Tyagi said:
probably won't happen, Capcom doesn't like having piles of money

No I don't think they want to waste money. Just be happy that you will get Monster Hunter 3.

Actually considering sales of RE4 Wii it wouldn't be a waste, but hey their loss

Actually, it would.  If it were just a simple port then it wouldbe totally worth it, but it isn't.  They would have to rebuild the entire game and have the budget to rebuild the entire game.  If that's the case then they should just go ahead and make an entirely new game.

The money already in RE5 is a sunk cost, you should ignore it

Predictions:Sales of Wii Fit will surpass the combined sales of the Grand Theft Auto franchiseLifetime sales of Wii will surpass the combined sales of the entire Playstation family of consoles by 12/31/2015 Wii hardware sales will surpass the total hardware sales of the PS2 by 12/31/2010 Wii will have 50% marketshare or more by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  It was a little over 48% only)Wii will surpass 45 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  Nintendo Financials showed it fell slightly short of 45 million shipped by end of 2008)Wii will surpass 80 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2009 (I was wrong!! Wii didn't even get to 70 Million)

Galaki said:

That's exactly what I've been saying. There's no need for it to be a freaking exclusive. Make it for all consoles and everybody's happy. AND Capcom doesn't throw away any of their hard work.

SW-5120-1900-6153

Around the Network
Galaki said:

More like 4.5

I'll take the case!!!

twesterm said:
Avinash_Tyagi said:
Harvey Birdman said:
Avinash_Tyagi said:
probably won't happen, Capcom doesn't like having piles of money

No I don't think they want to waste money. Just be happy that you will get Monster Hunter 3.

Actually considering sales of RE4 Wii it wouldn't be a waste, but hey their loss

Actually, it would. If it were just a simple port then it wouldbe totally worth it, but it isn't. They would have to rebuild the entire game and have the budget to rebuild the entire game. If that's the case then they should just go ahead and make an entirely new game.

That's what I think they should do. Rather than remake the same stupid game and try and copy RE5 with the Wii's limits build one from the ground up that takes advantage of the Wii system. It doesn't have to be RE5 to be a great game. Yeah, PS360 fanboys will constantly attack it as a spinoff, but who the hell cares what they think? I want a good game built around the Wii, not a game built around the 360 and PS3 trying to be made on the Wii.

Yeah some gamers don't think about what actually goes into a game. Those that complain about mini games and ports in the first gen of a completely different control scheme, those who wonder where the good games are after a year or two for a console that its predecessor did poorly, those who think RE5 is going to be redeveloped on a whim, etc. Development time takes....well, time. And time is money. If those are remembered, people wouldn't make such ignorant statements.

I signed it anyway, because I want to make sure in every way possible that Capcom does not forget about it's Wii fanbase in light of their HD salivations. 

I think there's a big chance we'll see some Wii version of RE5, but not because of an online petition. RE4 and RE:UC are both selling well, that should be enough motivation for Capcom.

Cant we just hack the petition and sign a bunch'a times ? haha

Understanding is the key.