By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Gran Turismo 5 CRITIC REVIEWS & Metacritic Watch Thread!

Pyramid12 said:
Ginyu said:
Pyramid12 said:
Ginyu said:
Pyramid12 said:
Ginyu said:
M.U.G.E.N said:
Ginyu said:

LOL the user score is 7.2 thats god awful. I havent been reading the posts but i bet theres been talk of Xbox fanboys sabotaging the score right? giving bad scores on purpose?

46 positive to 20 negative, oh dear.

LOL this is getting sad now

Just saying it like it is, ive already seen thread about "Are reviews trustworthy" you know theyll come up with a ton of excuses.

http://www.metacritic.com/game/playstation-3/gran-turismo-5

Im not making it up its a 7.2

And gears 2 has 7.6, fable 3 has 7.2, Halo reach 7.5, COD has 6.3

And Forza 3 a 8.1 lol

And god of war 3 has 8.6 so?

And Mass effect 2 has a 9.0

And MLB the show has 9.2 what exactly do we get from this?

A baseball game is better than GOTFY OMFG mass effect 2? LOL is this what your trying to prove with this userscores?

Pinball FX2 has a 9.6

Around the Network
Blue3 said:
M.U.G.E.N said:

1UP review is in

A-/A

"If there's a lesson to be learned from Gran Turismo 5 (the game itself, not its epic journey to stores), it's not about braking zones, exhaust manifolds, and curve apexes -- it's about patience. Because Gran Turismo 5 contains a seemingly unending supply of driving experience to enjoy, if you just allow yourself the time to discover it."

Nice

SO true.

the game opens up as you progress, PD shoudl have just explained that better.

they idiot proofed it a bit much.

So all reviews made in hours didn't review the real GT5?

Another 9/10 if this keeps up The game might end up 90 plus after all LOL!

Blue3 said:
M.U.G.E.N said:

1UP review is in

A-/A

"If there's a lesson to be learned from Gran Turismo 5 (the game itself, not its epic journey to stores), it's not about braking zones, exhaust manifolds, and curve apexes -- it's about patience. Because Gran Turismo 5 contains a seemingly unending supply of driving experience to enjoy, if you just allow yourself the time to discover it."

Nice

SO true.

What I found odd is that, in the very first months of GT life, after you reach level 1 and unlock the very first thing in the game, the game makes it perfectly clear that in order to get the full experience of the game, you'll actually have to dedicate time to it.

I mean, what's the fun of having everything unlocked right from the start, where's the challenge in that? Heck, even GT5's competition in the console sims department, Forza 3, doesn't have everything unlocked from the get go aswell.

How come that's a flaw for GT5 alone, for some reviewers/players, amazes me.

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

ethomaz said:
Blue3 said:
M.U.G.E.N said:

1UP review is in

A-/A

Nice

SO true.

i dont know, but i doubt they put in 100 hours unlocking everything. im in my 14th hour and it feels like i just started the game.

Around the Network

Brace yourself for the Edge review to pull down the meta

It is better to die on one's feet

then live on one's knees

ishiki said:

I give it a 0! count that

LMAO

zgamer5 said:
Linkasf said:

People shouldn't be complaining about the scores. IF the game isn't as good as SONY wanted it to be, STOP BETTING ON THE NAME OF THE GAME and make the GAME BETTER than the previous entries. I don't know how the game is yet but when I try it... I'll maybe post my impressions.

im sure the game isnt perfect, but its really weird when sites like ign say that its the best sim racer on consoles by a margin and it gets an 8.5. also game reactor mentioning the games development cost 1 billion dollars.

from where are they getting reviewers?

Well I didnt watch or read the ign review because I dont care what they think since these scores mean nothing to me anymore...

Blue3 said:
ethomaz said:
Blue3 said:
M.U.G.E.N said:

1UP review is in

A-/A

Nice

SO true.

i dont know, but i doubt they put in 100 hours unlocking everything. im in my 14th hour and it feels like i just started the game.

Oh thats how it feels in a GT game. You played the older ones? Thats the same feel I got while playing Gt 2 for some lot of hours until I got the Escudo and started raping the game from then on out :p

ocnkng said:

Brace yourself for the Edge review to pull down the meta

LOL Im already anticipating the obvious 6/10, its EDGE for crying out loud.