By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - How Many PSN Users Have Playstation Plus?

twesterm said:

I'm not and don't know anyone who is.

I don't need another subscription based service ontop of Live, Netflix, and Last.fm.

Wait, what does Last.fm charge for?  0_o

Around the Network
makingmusic476 said:
twesterm said:

I don't need another subscription based service ontop of Live, Netflix, and Last.fm.

Wait, what does Last.fm charge for?  0_o

It's like $3 a month and you get no ads.  It's probably not worth it or you probably get other things I don't use, I just don't like ads.

twesterm said:

There are a few people on this site who you know and subscribe, you just don't have them on your PSN because... dunno

Unicorns ARE real - They are just fat, grey and called Rhinos

JazzyJeez said:
Hapimeses said:

Only five of my friends have it. It's worked well for me, and I've scored some damned cool games out of it for far less money than I would have spent anyway, so I'm ahead. In short, a good service.

Not sure what the PSP comment was talking about, though. PSN doesn't provide anything for the PSP, at least not in the UK, anyway.

Yeah my mistake, I mean't mini's.

Ah, that makes more sense; you can play them on both PS3 and PSP -- I should've guessed. Although, some of the minis are pretty good, I generally agree they are easy to ignore, and not a reason -- for me, at least -- to subscribe. It's the other stuff that dragged me in.

Yeah, it's most attractive feature is the free and discount games. But that is a bad thing for me because I spend more time gaming now than I should without adding the "need" to get more free and discount games to make paying for PSN Plus value for money. So it's a no from me, and I don't know anyone who does have PSN plus.

I'd get it if it gave me other forms of value, like some free movie (MUBI) rentals, or it had a much broader TV content (at the moment I can only get a few channels of (free) on demand TV shows. If I could pay for PSN Plus and it gave me a lot more streaming TV content then I could ditch cable TV and actually save money. The amount I'd save it would be worth having a PSN Plus Gold service at an even higher cost than PSN Plus.

But it ain't there yet, so they ain't gettin' my money for it.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

Around the Network

I'm not buying it till they solve the problem of people who already have current game of this month.

PROUD MEMBER OF THE PSP RPG FAN CLUB

Out of 35-40 Friends, 5 are Plus Members

Tanstalas said:
twesterm said:

There are a few people on this site who you know and subscribe, you just don't have them on your PSN because... dunno

Whoops, sorry, people off this site I meant. To tell you the truth I can't remember the last time I looked at my PSN friends list.

out of 10 psn friends...2 have psn plus lol...i will get it once the psn game is one i dont have lol

Yea, I really thought about getting it, but as some others said, I already have a backlog of games I own (not to mention ones I still want to purchase...and ones that continue coming out).  It seems like a really good deal if you have a lot more time on your hands, perhaps.

Money can't buy happiness. Just video games, which make me happy.