By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - harry potter review by ign

While I agree The Deathly Hallows games should be more action oriented than the previous installments, I think the developers went a little overboard with the shooting aspect of the title. Nobody wants to run back and forth throughout the same level using shoddy shooting and cover mechanics. EA Bright Light has a lot of work to do if they want to make the sequel worthwhile, and I hope they put in the time to do so because there’s potential for a good Harry Potter game underneath this pile of broken gameplay

from ign 2.5/10 it is the worst motion controlled game ever by the looks of things, not good at all

http://uk.xbox360.ign.com/articles/113/1134851p1.html

Around the Network

Worst motion controlled game ever?  From what I heard the Kinect part isn't even part of the main game and is only a small seperate mini game.

Judging from what I've seen from other reviews, that 2.5 is for the whole game, not just the Kinect controls.

Wait, did you actually read the review?

From the review:

"Riding the motion control trend, the Xbox 360 version offers exclusive Kinect content. The extra levels are short and on rails, allowing you to focus on your body movements and execute spells. You can also toss exploding potions by pretending to throw underhand with your left arm. The goal in all of this is to make it through the level with the fastest time and you can compare your scores to other people online.

Kinect isn't always responsive and trying to cast Protego often initiates Confringo, but for the most part it works. Overall, the Kinect challenges are almost more fun than the regular campaign because they're quick and sweet. It's also sad that tossing potions in the Kinect levels is easier and more accurate than in the main adventure."

This review actually says the Kinect controls are one of the better parts of the game.  I'm not trying to call it a good game, the concept from the first announcement sounded a bit off but calling it the worst motion control game ever isn't really right.  It has a very small motion control segment that's not even part of the game, it's not really a motion control game.

Also, they gave Chicken Shoot a lower score, so...

Your description "worst mostion controlled game ever" is pretty disingeuous given that the reviewer basically said the Kinect portions of the game are the only good part.

lol it still has motion control in therefore it's a motion based control like game, and imo it looks real bad

Around the Network

~locked~ 

This is a baiting thread if I ever did see one.

MaxwellGT2000 - "Does the amount of times you beat it count towards how hardcore you are?"

Wii Friend Code - 5882 9717 7391 0918 (PM me if you add me), PSN - MaxwellGT2000, XBL - BlkKniteCecil, MaxwellGT2000