By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - I need help...

My Nintendo Wii has stopped working..It can get to all the menus just fine but every game I own doesn't work. It comes up "Unable to read disc", it hasn't worked in a week. Has this happened to anybody? And if not, what do you guys think I can do to fix the problem? It's only a year old and I was out to sea for 6 of those months! Thanks for any help!

Around the Network

Did you move the console? Did you insert the game disks correctly?

Wii code: 4679-4491-5808-6319,MKWii: 4296-3394-2843; Animal Crossing Wii: 3008-1736-4670.

Make sure you clean your discs, check them for any scratches or signs of damage. It may be it just needs a good clean. If the problem still occurs then its quite likely something has gone wrong with the disc drive. If its making a loud, whining, grating type of noise then its most likely failed. Unlucky dude, if its in warranty then get it repaired/replaced asap. Btw it might be useful looking to see if there are any electronic or simalr type shops nearby, they maybe able to give an instant remedy. It happens to cd/dvd players as well. Hope i helped in some way.

Now Playing

Planet Puzzle League

Kirby Mouse Attack

Nanostray

Your best bet is to contact Nintendo. They have really good customer service.

d21lewis is right. I have only needed nintendo's customer service once but they were dam good!

Now Playing

Planet Puzzle League

Kirby Mouse Attack

Nanostray

Around the Network

I think I had that problem once. I ended up falling back on my old training and blowing into the slot, and that seemed to clear the problem up, it might have just been a one time thing, and it was just coincidence that it cleared up when I did that.

Yeah, you might want to use a regular can of compressed air though, cause otherwise you'll be giving a blowjob to a Wii...

Seppukuties is like LBP Lite, on crack. Play it already!

Currently wrapped up in: Half Life, Portal, and User Created Source Mods
Games I want: (Wii)Mario Kart, Okami, Bully, Conduit,  No More Heroes 2 (GC) Eternal Darkness, Killer7, (PS2) Ico, God of War1&2, Legacy of Kain: SR2&Defiance

My Prediction: Wii will be achieve 48% market share by the end of 2008, and will achieve 50% by the end of june of 09. Prediction Failed.

<- Click to see more of her

well heres you problem....use nintendo games not ps3 games

jk---but seriously call nin they have great customer service

d21lewis said:
Your best bet is to contact Nintendo. They have really good customer service.

QFT

Thanks guy, I'll call Nintendo and see if they can help me out with my problem :)

ya i go with everyon else for if you call nintnedo they will fix your wii and you will still be able to keep your memory. if you use a store with warranty,you will not get to keep your memory. But this also happened with one of my discs