By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

That is, I would have thought that it was obvious that I didn't mean option 1, but either option 2 or 3. 

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!
I have the most epic death scene ever in VGChartz Mafia.  Thanks WordsofWisdom! 

Around the Network
noname2200 said:

vote - TruckOSaurus

Review all the games he's played in.  Notice that he's ALWAYS scum.  Vote accordingly.  Sorry Truck. ^_^

And I'll be offline now for at least two hours, so review those old games folks, and see that I'm right!

I'm not sure when you started to pay attention to Mafia games because it's true that in the last few games I was scum more often than not but I've been town many many times too.

How many games have you played before this one? Around 4 and you've been scum twice, that's a 1 in 2 ratio. My ratio is much better than yours! So following your logic, we should vote for you! :)

Vote: noname2200

Signature goes here!

radishhead said:

Guys, we don't have enough information yet for a lynch :s

Sure, we could randomly vote for somebody to get killed - but it's just under 80% chance that we'll hit one of our own, and if we hit a townie - it won't help us at all. At least if we get a mislynch tomorrow, we'll have more information to go on. The mafia want us to make a kill today, but we outnumber them - don't let them win.

Obviously, if the situation changes before the end of the day, I'll vote for someone - but as it currently stands:

vote: No Lynch

I can only hope that some people follow me.

I'm torn as to how to interpret your posts today. On one hand, you could be a concerned townie who doesn't like the odds for a first day lynch but on the other hand you could be a scum scared to be found out early because in previous games early bandwagons/lynches seemed to focus on you...

Signature goes here!

TruckOSaurus said:
radishhead said:

Guys, we don't have enough information yet for a lynch :s

Sure, we could randomly vote for somebody to get killed - but it's just under 80% chance that we'll hit one of our own, and if we hit a townie - it won't help us at all. At least if we get a mislynch tomorrow, we'll have more information to go on. The mafia want us to make a kill today, but we outnumber them - don't let them win.

Obviously, if the situation changes before the end of the day, I'll vote for someone - but as it currently stands:

vote: No Lynch

I can only hope that some people follow me.

I'm torn as to how to interpret your posts today. On one hand, you could be a concerned townie who doesn't like the odds for a first day lynch but on the other hand you could be a scum scared to be found out early because in previous games early bandwagons/lynches seemed to focus on you...

Hey, for now all that you can do is trust me. :)

Click this button, you know you want to!  [Subscribe]

Watch me on YouTube!

http://www.youtube.com/user/TheRadishBros

~~~~ Mario Kart 8 drove far past my expectations! Never again will I doubt the wheels of a Monster Franchise! :0 ~~~~

Final-Fan said:

That is, I would have thought that it was obvious that I didn't mean option 1, but either option 2 or 3. 

Ah, you were being sarcastic, not bandwagoning on 5 Fos/Hos votes on GoW like it reads in the thread.

Around the Network
theprof00 said:
Vetteman94 said:
theprof00 said:
Vetteman94 said:

But scum arent the only people who bandwagon vote. A pro-town person may just tack on another vote for someone just because there isnt any other good suspects and what little evidence is had points in that direction. It happens in games like this all the time due to the limitation of roles that provide information to the town. 

As for your chart, you are also assuming there is no SK, and for a game this size I would bet on it, which means on some nights we may have 2 kills.  And that completely throws off the chart. cause if we have 2 kills on the first night,  the town loses a half a day under those same circumstances.  And thats only if he kills on the first night and no other night.  

Also irregardless is not a word,  its just regardless

irregardless of SK, it is also considering we can't lynch a mafia worth a damn, and it also would help us to have an SK because chances of hitting mafia within those days gets better and better and SK wants to kill mafia as much as we do.

Also, irregardless of your first point, we have no more information on day 2 than we do on day 1m except for the cops investigation which won't turn up til days later anyhow.

I wish I could understand your post,  it might have a good point in there somewhere. I guess until it is clarified I will just have to disagree, regardless of the points that may have been made.

what needs to be clarified, exactly?

My list of how many days we would have before endgame was criticized using the existence of an SK as a disruptive factor.

However, what you failed to notice was that the chart also represents the worst possible scenario of lynching townies 5 days in a row. 
Additionally, if we were bad enough to somehow mislynch five times in a row, the SK would also mitigate some of that masochism because they have extremely high odds of killing mafia, not only because the SK wants to kill mafia, but also has a very high chance of randomly killing one (50% by the last night).

Townies bandwagon, mafia bandwagon, SK bandwagon. Day 1 is simply not a good prospect for basing any vote on anything. Therefore, I postulate that voting against a bandwagoner is just as viable as bandwagoning against a random player. End of story. 

Also FoS vette for not knowing that irregardless actually is a word and is used as a more emphatic version of regardless, and not a double negative according to scrabble and miriam webster.

Of course that chart, if done correctly, is going to show the worse possible case,  but your chart does not show that. You didnt include the possibility of SK and his kills only being townies.  Which is the worse possible case for us townies, well maybe not for you.  It wouldnt matter if the SK would take out a mafia or not because he has a high chance to,  because it wouldnt fit in with the reason for the chart.

also;

unvote final-fan

vote final-fan for using sarcasm and possible bandwagoning.

radishhead said:
TruckOSaurus said:

For now, I prefer to distrust you until there's some reason to trust you.

Signature goes here!

TruckOSaurus said:
radishhead said:
TruckOSaurus said:

For now, I prefer to distrust you until there's some reason to trust you.

Actually, that's fair enough :p

Click this button, you know you want to!  [Subscribe]

Watch me on YouTube!

http://www.youtube.com/user/TheRadishBros

~~~~ Mario Kart 8 drove far past my expectations! Never again will I doubt the wheels of a Monster Franchise! :0 ~~~~

http://icanhascheezburger.com/2007/06/29/headdesk/

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!
I have the most epic death scene ever in VGChartz Mafia.  Thanks WordsofWisdom!