By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

I hope everyone had a Happy Thanksgiving(even you scum :P) or a plain Thursday for everyone else. Good luck town!

If hat doesn't mind I'll keep up with Votals still.

Around the Network

checking in briefly looks like we'll be voting nord today I'm holding off till there is a bit more information.  The half day roll still seems really odd to me, but then again this is my first time playing so I guess if I understood it a bit better I might already have voted for nord.  I'm still not happy about radishhead and uneasy about homer, even how dtewi was so eager to just get the two raises some supsicions.  Anyway about to work some crazy blackfriday hours.  Wish me luck 9:10 till 6 in the morning doesn't sound very fun to me hopefully there will be more to read and discuss when I return. 

Linkzmax said:

I hope everyone had a Happy Thanksgiving(even you scum :P) or a plain Thursday for everyone else. Good luck town!

If hat doesn't mind I'll keep up with Votals still.

happy thanksgiving!

I don't think he'll mind if you don't comment.

OoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoO

Well I've missed some excitement. 

Damn you Linkz.  WHY WHY WHY didn't you kill anyone.  You had beautiful targets even on Night 1.  I'm still leery of radish. 

I'm inclined to believe stefl.  We really need to start settling the score with the mafia and turning our backs on a cop-claim is just not something I'm willing to do right now.  Even if he's lying scum, at this point our luck is so bad even doing a mislynch to get 100% scum tomorrow is something I could live with just out of desperation.  Plus it would be insanity to claim cop when there's almost certainly a real cop out there so I'm pretty confident stefl's the real thing. 

Vote:  nordlead

FoS Homer, I'm with you on that one dtewi. 

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!
I have the most epic death scene ever in VGChartz Mafia.  Thanks WordsofWisdom! 

Dammit I'm already second-guessing myself.  Why is he only half a cop and starting N2 instead of N1 to boot? 

But I'll stick with my vote for now. 

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!
I have the most epic death scene ever in VGChartz Mafia.  Thanks WordsofWisdom! 

Around the Network
Stefl1504 said:
Hephaestos said:

dtewi said:

Stefl's claim is pretty obviously valid. He tried to hint that he was the cop BTW, and if he were scum, then this claim would be suicide. And I don't think nordlead would be too happy to sacrifice himself just so that stefl could sell his cop-claim.

i'm just saying i'm cautious after yesterday... and if you look at the numbers, causing a misslynch is beneficial to the mafia. (my biggest concern is that both were out of the radar)...

at least we know that we have a scum for sure.

(oh and stefl won round 18 by fake claiming cop and killing a scum to prove it... i find it odd that you'd dismiss this right away (yet are the first one bringing the idea of 2 mafia)).

Actually I thought that would come after me... but notice that I offered two Mafia of both Mafia teams that time... this time I only have to offer one person that wasn't even on the radar... and in the end noname was the one that made me win... but its just like I said once... does it even matter?

well it's true that it's a bit unfair to play based on history... then again that is also why some players "usually" die first day :-/
All it says is that you are capable of pulling brilliant stunts as a mafia....it's an uneasy compliment to bear.

I do recognize that neither you nor nord were on the radar so it would be a pretty big gamble.However, your half cop claim is a bit stingy because it basically says "i'm just a half cop, so there just might be an other cop arround", which means an other cop can't really counter your claim, and even if he came at you tomorow after investigating you, you'd have the weighty argument of having laid a mafia at our feet whereas he wouldn't, probably leading to their lynch.

I made a calc earlier and the town can really only afford 1 more mislynch, not more, so sacrificing a mafia to make sure of this is a pretty big gain for them. So I guess you can understand my scketism (I confess yesterday didn't help my paranoia :-/).

oh and to put where I stand on this more clearly:

FoS Stefl

HoS Nordlead

(good things there's 2 levels of suspicion ^^)

Stefl1504 said:
TruckOSaurus said:

Also, I don't get the point of "hinting" at being the cop, because when you do it's because you want to realize you're the cop and follow you so why not just plain say it.

I was trying to hint at it because maybe the mafia doesn't notice, it is still very likely they notice but not as likely as if I am saying : Hey I am the Cop!

Well after the events with Gow I speculated of lying about my role and just saying that I can investigate every night, but looking at the whole situation this lie would have hurted the town more than it would be beneficial(actually it would have been beneficial only for me and that only until tomorrow), thats why I confesed that I am not able to investigate each night.

i noticed the *feeling* but since that's a pretty easy thing to back out of, I figured i'd wait... however, when I came back to the thread I was amazed that you had to make 4 more hints and a roleclaim... This actually makes me a bit suspicious of trucks, dtewi and vet  ^^ (but that's not a discussion for today)

I see I was investigated (figured as much)

I'm a doctor who looks scummy and can only proctect on the 1/2/3/5/7 night (fibinachi numbers) who could protect himself once (I did night one cause I know I'm a popular target).

All I can say is screw you Hatmoza. Why he hates me in such a way I don't know. Oh wait, I do cause I beat him (like the NFL prediction league right now ). It is obvious that this isn't a normal game, and obviously Hatmoza doesn't want us to play follow the cop (just look at the fact that stefl can't invevstigate every night)

I'll actually believe stefl's roleclaim due to the fact that I have a weird roll. However, you should have known you claimed cop when you voted me for the weakest reasons possible. If you classify me as hit and run, then everyone is hit and run. I have obligations and sometimes have to leave even if it is in the middle of something interesting, but I'll always come back to it if the town hasn't decided they'd rather do something else.

I also wasn't the first person to lead a vote against GoW. My GoW vote day one drew a bunch of attention, suppringly more than a "random.org" vote which is scummy because you are saying "i'm not responsible". Day 2 I was the 3rd person to vote GoW, and punishing a blatant liar should be perfectly acceptable to any pro town player. If we let GoW into the next day could we trust anything he typed? I wouldn't. Having to second guess someone even if you think they are town is just bad. Oh, and I've "punished" players before despite what side I'm on.

Also, I'm not going to vote, as voting just gets me killed faster. In fact, even trying to get the town to vote for someone else could get me killed faster thanks to Hatmoza's plurality deal.

If you drop a PS3 right on top of a Wii, it would definitely defeat it. Not so sure about the Xbox360. - mancandy
In the past we played games. In the future we watch games. - Forest-Spirit
11/03/09 Desposit: Mod Bribery (RolStoppable)  vg$ 500.00
06/03/09 Purchase: Moderator Privilege  vg$ -50,000.00

Nordlead Jr. Photo/Video Gallery!!! (Video Added 4/19/10)

Oh, let me throw this in too. I tried to stop the GoW incident on day 1. Had we lynched radish (who looks scummy and quite a few people have said so) for lying GoW probably woulnd't have tried his dumb plan. I also wasn't supporting the Kantor lynch, which plenty of other people decided was a better option than lynching someone who looks scummy and is lying.

If you drop a PS3 right on top of a Wii, it would definitely defeat it. Not so sure about the Xbox360. - mancandy
In the past we played games. In the future we watch games. - Forest-Spirit
11/03/09 Desposit: Mod Bribery (RolStoppable)  vg$ 500.00
06/03/09 Purchase: Moderator Privilege  vg$ -50,000.00

Nordlead Jr. Photo/Video Gallery!!! (Video Added 4/19/10)

nordlead said:

I see I was investigated (figured as much)

I'm a doctor who looks scummy

interesting.... well at least it's pretty safe to do this:

UNFoS : stefl

the only possibility of stefl lying now is if they are both mafia... so i'll go to the level under FoS -> i'll keep my eye on you, cause although I hypothesised it, the 2 mafia is more complicated than the plain Gow strat and more risky, so less probable.

I find both roles absurd to be honest :-/

The problem we have is that if any of this is true, we have to out an other power role to prove it. If it's not, then ok no need to out anyone. I'm not sure that this is in the town's interest... though we only have 1 available misslynch left....