By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Its raining cats and dogs here, so much that its flooding into my house...can't talk now... I'll have interesting info soon

Lynch wonk

Around the Network
GodOfWar_3ever said:

Its raining cats and dogs here, so much that its flooding into my house...can't talk now... I'll have interesting info soon

Lynch wonk

Okay... that is pretty much... well direct...

so you say you HoS him? or are you saying that we shoulc really lynch him... like vote for him^^

Linkzmax said:

1) Is this directed at my bold? That was an exaggeration on my part, just repeating what nordlead said in another post basically.

2) Additionally, upon my lynch they'd know that GOW lied and that makes for a lot to go on.

1) I wasn't sure if you took it as a general rule or if you were exagerating. This is your second game so I still underestimate you a bit =) (that's a compliment).

2) yes but GoW is the definite investigation target tonight, there is no other way to know if he lies. So, sacrificing a townie is not necessary to know if he is scum. (though this was hypothetical anyways, but it was an interesting idea. Would work great as a mason).

OoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoO

Final-Fan said:
Vetteman94 said:

If one of the 2 people is a cop and the other is a mafia they will both claim cop,  and if we mislynch the actual cop while the doctor protects the mafia,  the mafia will kill GodofWar,  and quite possibly our only 2 information roles are gone.  And what does the town gain?  One mafia down?  It it really worth that?

Well according to GoW one of them is way way scummier than the other, so I don't think it's too crazy to hope the cop isn't some kind of super-scummy-looking jerk. 

[edit: removed some of the quote nest]

He thinks you and I are incredibly scummy and that we are linked together. I consider his analysis questionable at best. Even if he did correctly accuse scum (accusing 5 people you'll probably hit one). Do you trust his judgement?

If you drop a PS3 right on top of a Wii, it would definitely defeat it. Not so sure about the Xbox360. - mancandy
In the past we played games. In the future we watch games. - Forest-Spirit
11/03/09 Desposit: Mod Bribery (RolStoppable)  vg$ 500.00
06/03/09 Purchase: Moderator Privilege  vg$ -50,000.00

Nordlead Jr. Photo/Video Gallery!!! (Video Added 4/19/10)

nordlead said:
Final-Fan said:
Vetteman94 said:

If one of the 2 people is a cop and the other is a mafia they will both claim cop,  and if we mislynch the actual cop while the doctor protects the mafia,  the mafia will kill GodofWar,  and quite possibly our only 2 information roles are gone.  And what does the town gain?  One mafia down?  It it really worth that?

Well according to GoW one of them is way way scummier than the other, so I don't think it's too crazy to hope the cop isn't some kind of super-scummy-looking jerk. 

[edit: removed some of the quote nest]

He thinks you and I are incredibly scummy and that we are linked together. I consider his analysis questionable at best. Even if he did correctly accuse scum (accusing 5 people you'll probably hit one). Do you trust his judgement?

I didn't accuse all 5 people of being scum... I just gave my thoughts on their posts.... you, I'm on the fence about, Kantor, I actually had a positive analysis of him, radishhead I think is playing very badly, homer, final fan, heph and wonktonodi I think are scum.

I will explain everything in the following post...I'm sure it'll make a lot of sense and it might quite possibly get me lynched...but it was a gamble, if it worked, would've helped the town immensely on a info dry day, if it didn't...then it would suck. 
Unfortunately it didn't work......or did it ?

Anyway, explaination incoming !

Around the Network
GodOfWar_3ever said:

I didn't accuse all 5 people of being scum... I just gave my thoughts on their posts.... you, I'm on the fence about, Kantor, I actually had a positive analysis of him, radishhead I think is playing very badly, homer, final fan, heph and wonktonodi I think are scum.

I will explain everything in the following post...I'm sure it'll make a lot of sense and it might quite possibly get me lynched...but it was a gamble, if it worked, would've helped the town immensely on a info dry day, if it didn't...then it would suck. 

If your version of dry day is within the first few hours of daylight then I'd hate to see a real dry day. There was plenty to go on (radish still needing to be lynched for lying for example, the mislynch lead away from radish to kantor) but you decided to completely sidetrack the town. Day 1 was very productive going to lead into a productive day 2. You jumped the gun. Even if the information is useful you probably could have waited at least a while before deciding day 2 was "dry" as now none of those paths are going to be traveled until probably day 3 (or if this flops horribly)

If you drop a PS3 right on top of a Wii, it would definitely defeat it. Not so sure about the Xbox360. - mancandy
In the past we played games. In the future we watch games. - Forest-Spirit
11/03/09 Desposit: Mod Bribery (RolStoppable)  vg$ 500.00
06/03/09 Purchase: Moderator Privilege  vg$ -50,000.00

Nordlead Jr. Photo/Video Gallery!!! (Video Added 4/19/10)

GodOfWar_3ever said:

1) are you freken kidding? you voted for the guy. So now you vote for people you have positive analysis of? how freken scumy is that? If anything Homer was in line too and you "think" he is scum, why in the world would you have voted for him?

2) a dry day? you mean the one where out of the 2 talking people you managed to vote and bet your left chick (that's how you called half of an ass by the way) onto?

3) I can understand the gamble... but definitely not the way you did it, not after voting someone, not at dawn. Heck all the wrong things about your claim that I pointed out in my longpost you just revealed to be true.

_ Prof was by everyone's account a high target, chances of a townie being on him last night were high, so you put him in jeopardy with your gamble.

_ you just plain lied to the town for 24 hours, disrupting investigations of others, spreading confusion.

_ What do you claim now? vanilla townie?

4) You just posted "lynch wonk" with no backing info whatsoever, with even stelf ready to go on the asumption that this was not all a lie, what did you hope for? trick the town into a 25% chance of bringing a mafia down with you? these odds are for the town to decide on, not a single player, you're not a vigilante!

(and I though links already had bad lie examples.... this is worse than I though)

i'm awaiting to read your "explanation", I hope it surprises me in a good way or you really lost much of my respect as a player.

Ok, first of all, as some (and by some I mean almost all) of you may have suspected....I was lying my ass off about being a watcher. However, I am pro-town.

I know what you're thinking - "ZOMG ! LYNCH ALL LIERS !!!!"

You see, I figured that scum would take any townie's role claim as the truth...except when they feel that he is lying to make himself seem powerless (doctor claiming vanilla, vigilantes claiming they only had one kill, etc. etc.)

So when I roleclaimed Watcher, I was actually bluffing. I asked the 2 people who targeted prof to come forward. Its possible that the scum who carried out the nightkill would think that I'd spill the beans sooner or later, and come forward, lying about being the cop or something. If he could've pulled it off, the real pro-town role would've been lynched, he would be protected at night, and I would be nightkilled...

2 pro-town power roles down, just like that. Sure, he'd get lynched the next day, but taking down 2 pro-town power roles would've been invaluable to the scum, especially when they could be 2 information roles.

That would've been true if I was really a watcher.

Unfortunately, no one took the bait...my plan was to do what I did, and heroically lynch the person who claims to have visited prof, and claimed to be the pro-town power role all while revealing my cunning plan and winning the award for the "Most amazing scum hunt eva" at the end of the game and being hailed to be the greatest mafia player of all time...

but it didn't happen...no one came forward. I was sorely disappointed cause that put me in a place of bother, and left the town confused....sorry guys. 

But all is not lost. By the end of this post, I hope to convince you guys that wonktonodi and possibly final fan are scum, based on their reactions to my roleclaim.

First, onto wonk -

Wonktonodi said:

GOW seems to be trying to hard to look like he's town. 1 http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=3766092  2 http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=3767608 3 http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=3767544 http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=3767636  and finally 5 http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=3767772

In the first he's posting at night when he shouldn't, emphasising the game is more unfair to the town and daring mr kitting to mod kill him.

In the second he's making a bluff that would make him really look like he's townie.  Any townsperson could say they saw two people at the place someone was killed and demand people come forward, hoping the mafia guy comes forward thinking they were one of two so they could claim to be the cop and hope the cop gets taken out, while the mafia guy probably was the only one to visit prof last night and if he came forward would pretty much reveal his guilt. It wouldn't make much sence for a mafia guy to do this, since it could backfire rather easily so this with post 4 where he's now after reliving how stupid it was to use that to hide as a town and hopes we won't think he's that stupid to do what he just did.

Look at that big wall of text in the 3rd paragraph...

Wonk says -

"Any townsperson could say they saw two people at the place someone was killed and demand people come forward, hoping the mafia guy comes forward thinking they were one of two so they could claim to be the cop and hope the cop gets taken out, while the mafia guy probably was the only one to visit prof last night and if he came forward would pretty much reveal his guilt. "

thats exactly what I wanted to do...if the thought occurred to him, is that a reason to be suspicious of me?...he could've figured that I may be doing...however, he decided to criticize me for it.

Wonk says -

"It wouldn't make much sence for a mafia guy to do this, since it could backfire rather easily so this with post 4 where he's now after reliving how stupid it was to use that to hide as a town and hopes we won't think he's that stupid to do what he just did."

I don't know about you guys, but this part doesn't make sense to me at all. He thinks that only one person targeted prof, so the mafia guy would know that and wouldn't come forward and because he wouldn't, I'm trying to hide as scum ?

WTF ? Even I don't understand what I typed.

However, I think wonk may be the guy who killed prof....the mafia usually send noobs for the kill to protect the experienced scumbags. His tone of post makes me think so.

Wonk here assumes that I wasn't a watcher, yet I lie about being one and wants the 2 people who targeted prof to come forward and then he's saying the mafia guy wouldn't do that.

How would he know what the mafia would do given the situation, if they had believed my roleclaim and come forward, to pull off a mislynch that'd result in 2 dead power roles since he was pretty fucked anyway ?

To put it simply, wonk says the mafia wouldn't come forward claiming to be cop because I could be any ordinary townie lying to get the scum come forward...that was exactly what I was doing...

I don't know about you, but the tone of his post makes it sound like he is mafia, thinking I could be ordinary townie lying, and bluffing to get the scum to come foward.

So why is that a reason to HoS me ?

I really think that post shows that wonk is mafia skeptical about my fake watcher role...atleast thats what it sounded like anyway. It a slip up imo.

Wonktonodi said:

I still don't think there is anyone and gow is hoping the killer will reveal himself.  Either that or he'll latter just name two people he thinks are scummy. 

See ? he is sure the killer won't reveal himself...cause he is the killer...probably.

Coupled by his "mob mentality" post yesterday, after his "I really suspect prof and gow for their actions" stance makes me really suspicious... suspicious enough to 

Vote : Wonk

Also, about final-fan, he thought that I could be townie lying to get the scum to come forward too...but they didn't. and he is the only person that i confirmed didn't visit prof...he could've been the person who killed prof and therefore, so through my plan...which explains the increasingly mild nature of his posts towards my plan to get the scum to come forward.

Final-Fan said:

GoW ... if you're lying, just fess up.  The town seriously does not need halfassed lies screwing things up even if you think your idea is brilliant. 

see ?

Hephaestos said:
GodOfWar_3ever said:

1) are you freken kidding? you voted for the guy. So now you vote for people you have positive analysis of? how freken scumy is that? If anything Homer was in line too and you "think" he is scum, why in the world would you have voted for him?

I did vote for him....but that was because the town had come to a consensus to lynch Kantor...and I would be MIA for 14 hours. 

2) a dry day? you mean the one where out of the 2 talking people you managed to vote and bet your left chick (that's how you called half of an ass by the way) onto?

ass cheek....

I only voted for final fan today...I think. :p

3) I can understand the gamble... but definitely not the way you did it, not after voting someone, not at dawn. Heck all the wrong things about your claim that I pointed out in my longpost you just revealed to be true.

_ Prof was by everyone's account a high target, chances of a townie being on him last night were high, so you put him in jeopardy with your gamble.

_ you just plain lied to the town for 24 hours, disrupting investigations of others, spreading confusion.

_ What do you claim now? vanilla townie?

I'm sorry

4) You just posted "lynch wonk" with no backing info whatsoever, with even stelf ready to go on the asumption that this was not all a lie, what did you hope for? trick the town into a 25% chance of bringing a mafia down with you? these odds are for the town to decide on, not a single player, you're not a vigilante!

It was raining and thundering and lightining and what not....and my house was being flooded !!!! (It still is downstairs btw...) Highest rainfall my city has received in 27 years. So sorry, for not explaining my suspicion.

(and I though links already had bad lie examples.... this is worse than I though)

i'm awaiting to read your "explanation", I hope it surprises me in a good way or you really lost much of my respect as a player.

GodOfWar_3ever said:

So

1) wonk is mafia cause he read your bluff perfectly? tell me if you're a townie and came up with that plan, why wouldn't an other townie be able to come up with it too?

Gow, you acuse him of knowing too much, this isn't the profile of the killer, the killer would just know that he targeted prof, if anything what you're voting him on is that you think he looks like someone with info... like a watcher... that would be a town role and in any case, your reasons are based on comments that any townie could have made.

2) I see your reasoning on FF.... one thing is sure is that he's definitely not the one who killed prof, he wouldn't have been so defensive. Then again, this should be extended to anyone who went with your idea, calling the cop to come out was ridiculous as there was still a 50% chance to lynch him. I'll FoS them mentally (no point in complicating the day further).

I'm sorry but whether you're sucm or town, we have no way of knowing. I HoSed you yesterday because you were overly agressive. Today I voted because I thought you lied (or incredibly reckless). The only way to ease suspicion on you would be to have the cop investigate you... but we won't know his result before he gets an other scum at least. The risk of losing him before he can do that is too great and the confusion of the town will just stay high until you're cleared.

I believe whether you're town or scum, the town will benefit more from your lynch today than by waiting for an investigation...