By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
hatmoza said:

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!
I have the most epic death scene ever in VGChartz Mafia.  Thanks WordsofWisdom! 

Around the Network
dtewi said:
Here is my decision:
Godofwar has made some truly awful role-claims in the past. And this seems like a bit of a brilliant scheme most likely orchestrated by one his scumbuddies (NOTE: I am speaking hypothetically) who are better at mafia. His role-claim is pretty bloody suspicious. Two people? Half-watcher?

But I would like to see what he does tomorrow if he is not killed tonight.
So for now...
KMEOY (Keeping my eye on you): Godofwar
FoS: Heph and Final-Fan for such a radical view against his role-claim. Could potentially be scum-buddies distancing themselves and therefore exonerating themselves if he turns up scum
FoS: Stefl for wanting the roles to be revealed.

Vote: Homer_Simpson for reasons eloquently stated (i.e. terrible reasoning, flip-flopping at last minute, trying to lead a mislynch against me today starting from tomorrow).

Damn, I'm flattered that you guys listen to me to the exclusion of everyone else, but like I said, "half-watcher" is simply my interpretation of the fact that GoW said he only gets to watch every two nights, i.e. he will have NO INFORMATION tomorrow even if he somehow doesn't die (and isn't scum). 

I don't think that the simple fact that that Heph and I both expressed skepticism (which you also have) is so suggestive of being scum together.

@ Stefl:  I think your idea calls for a ridiculous coincidence, i.e. FOUR people attempting to target prof. 
1 and 2.  protowns like doctor and cop
3 and 4.  mafia bus driver and (remotely) mafia killer

(Alternate to Stefl's idea:  the bus driver could just as easily have been town and the mafia tried to kill someone else, who GoW and the other town roles targeted.  I don't consider this any likelier.)

P.S.  What opinion did hatmoza have of mafia bus drivers?  I know a lot of us swore up and down that it was a terrible idea that should never be repeated, but since it's been done like 3 times obviously some people disagree. 

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!
I have the most epic death scene ever in VGChartz Mafia.  Thanks WordsofWisdom! 

@Final-Fan: What do you think of Homer?

Signature goes here!

Final-Fan said:
dtewi said:
Here is my decision:
Godofwar has made some truly awful role-claims in the past. And this seems like a bit of a brilliant scheme most likely orchestrated by one his scumbuddies (NOTE: I am speaking hypothetically) who are better at mafia. His role-claim is pretty bloody suspicious. Two people? Half-watcher?

But I would like to see what he does tomorrow if he is not killed tonight.
So for now...
KMEOY (Keeping my eye on you): Godofwar
FoS: Heph and Final-Fan for such a radical view against his role-claim. Could potentially be scum-buddies distancing themselves and therefore exonerating themselves if he turns up scum
FoS: Stefl for wanting the roles to be revealed.

Vote: Homer_Simpson for reasons eloquently stated (i.e. terrible reasoning, flip-flopping at last minute, trying to lead a mislynch against me today starting from tomorrow).

Damn, I'm flattered that you guys listen to me to the exclusion of everyone else, but like I said, "half-watcher" is simply my interpretation of the fact that GoW said he only gets to watch every two nights, i.e. he will have NO INFORMATION tomorrow even if he somehow doesn't die (and isn't scum). 

I don't think that the simple fact that that Heph and I both expressed skepticism (which you also have) is so suggestive of being scum together.

@ Stefl:  I think your idea calls for a ridiculous coincidence, i.e. FOUR people attempting to target prof. 

(Alternate to Stefl's idea:  the bus driver could just as easily have been town and the mafia tried to kill someone else, who GoW and the other town roles targeted.  I don't consider this any likelier.)

P.S.  What opinion did hatmoza have of mafia bus drivers?  I know a lot of us swore up and down that it was a terrible idea that should never be repeated, but since it's been done like 3 times obviously some people disagree. 

I said "radical" as in more than some skepticism.

And note: It's just an FoS. Nothing more serious. I could be completely wrong.

Now, time to play Persona 3.

Kimi wa ne tashika ni ano toki watashi no soba ni ita

Itsudatte itsudatte itsudatte

Sugu yoko de waratteita

Nakushitemo torimodosu kimi wo

I will never leave you

dtewi said:

Radical view? the timing of his roleclaim is absurd and its consequences devastating, there is nothing radical in this, it's a fact.

With two vanilla townies dead, it's pretty safe to assume that the game isn't power crazy, thus every town power role has a great value, throwing them away is absurd.

OoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoO

Around the Network
Final-Fan said:

I know that it is not very likely but there is a possibility. It could also be that there was no Mafia at all at theProofs place, it could have been the SK and a Cop or something... but I really think neither a cop or a doc (well thats obvious) did visit Proof...

dtewi said:

Now, time to play Persona 3.

I have FES shrinkwrapped still

Stefl1504 said:

I know that it is not very likely but there is a possibility. It could also be that there was no Mafia at all at theProofs place, it could have been the SK and a Cop or something... but I really think neither a cop or a doc (well thats obvious) did visit Proof...

you brought up a very good point with your suposition.

only one death, this means that either the doc saved someone, or that we just don't have an SK. The kill being in red would by the standard of previous games correspond to a mafia kill.

Also, personnaly I would have guessed the doc to be on prof or on himself... as there wasn't really a better healing target last night, so I believe the "save" theory to be unlikely... I believe this shows that there is no SK (but we'll soon see with night kills anyways). Then again... during the MK round, saby was the SK and never got out of his house to kill anyone... (if I recall correctly)

nordlead said:

In my opinion the tracker would see who targetted person 1. The bus driver and the cop. The cop thinks he targetted person 2, but he really targetted person 1. The tracker thinks he targetted person 2, but he really targetted person 1.

However, that doesn't mean I'm correct (though I believe I am). The mod could decide that the tracker isn't affected by the bus driver since he is "watching from afar" or something like that. There are other scenarios that only the mod would know the outcome, like if a mafia targetted a SK who targetted a townie. Do 2 people die or 1? In my opinion, 2, but a mod could choose just the SK.

I don't know how hat is running things, but since he linked to roles on mafiascum, I'd assume  http://mafiascum.net/wiki/index.php?title=Natural_Action_Resolution is being followed. This also addresses your last question, there should be 2 deaths.

Also, let's not confuse a watcher with a tracker; The former should not follow the target should they move at night and learns if they were targeted by anyone else while the latter does follow the target if they move at night and learns who they targeted. So if there is a bus driver he should act first, resulting in (1) below, but if the watcher acts first it'd result in (2).

(1) If the bud driver swaps the bodies first, then the GOW knows two players that targeted whoever was swapped with prof last night. Also we all know someone aimed at that player, but killed prof instead. Only the busdriver/scumteam would know the other swapee.

(2) If GOW watches first, he should know the busdriver swapped prof with someone else, but then see someone else target the other swapee. As above, someone aimed at this other player and killed prof instead and only the busdriver/scumteam would know the other swapee.

I'd lean towards (1) as it goes along with NAR, but either way if prof was busdriven then GOW wouldn't even know the scum that killed him. If there actually is a scumdriver then GOW's role would effectively be useless, unless it's actually (2). For now I don't think there actually is a busdriver.

Final-Fan said:

And either there is a body snatcher or bus driver or you are a damned liar.  I say you're a liar.  

... no wait, a bus driver wouldn't account for you seeing me targeting someone when I DIDN'T TARGET ANYONE AT ALL.  So you're a liar.  

I brought this up before, but since it wasn't clearly directed at you it could've been missed. Why did you initially come up with excuses as to how you could've been seen targeting prof, followed by the story that you didn't target anyone period?

I also think it's quite strange that you went from "not buying it" in http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=3767707 to your next post of "go ahead with your plan" in http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=3767852 . Although you do also say you're "warming up the idea" in http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=3767881 shortly thereafter.

I am certainly curious what questions GOW has.