By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
GodOfWar_3ever said:

Do you think I'm retarded (1) enough to role claim for a horrible role(in the perspective of fake roles for the anti-townies) that requires information to be provided and claim that not one, but 2 people visited the person I targeted if I was mafia (2) ? 

1) Do you want an honest answer? :P Just kidding.

2) I also thought that it would be crazy at first but then I considered the alternative which would be pretenting to have seen only one person but then you couldn't be playing the "come out and confess" game you've got going on here.

For the record, I'm not saying I don't believe you but I'm the kind of guy who likes to consider every option. I also believe you're playing a dangerous game because you're basically asking the cop to come out when he's got no information to provide us. Sure the doctor is alive but outing power roles like that is not wise.

Signature goes here!

Around the Network
TruckOSaurus said:

I approve nordlead's above post about the size of the posts.

Now on to business:

Vote: Homer_Simpson

Apart from using weak reasons to justify his votes yesterday. The way I see his actions is that when he saw theprof pushing for Kantor's lynch he thought that Kantor was a more valuable mislynch and since the town had bandwagonned on radish it could happen for Kantor too (and it did just a bit later).

When he later changed his vote to radishead, he backed it up by saying that if radish turns up town then dtewi and Final-Fan have to be scum. I'm guessing his reasoning was that the Kantor lynch wasn't moving along too well so he settled for radish and tried to set the board for another mislynch of dtewi or Final-Fan the next day.

yes, my reasons were so weak, im assuming thats why my top suspect Kantor was lynched? granted I was wrong about him, but my reasons were sound enough, or others wouldnt have voted him and got him lynched now would they?

I voted Radish because I felt it was a potentially a good move, the fact others were so keen on it made me feel that going along with that lynch would provide us with obvious targets if he did turn out to be pro-town.

Homer_Simpson said:
TruckOSaurus said:

I approve nordlead's above post about the size of the posts.

Now on to business:

Vote: Homer_Simpson

Apart from using weak reasons to justify his votes yesterday. The way I see his actions is that when he saw theprof pushing for Kantor's lynch he thought that Kantor was a more valuable mislynch and since the town had bandwagonned on radish it could happen for Kantor too (and it did just a bit later).

When he later changed his vote to radishead, he backed it up by saying that if radish turns up town then dtewi and Final-Fan have to be scum. I'm guessing his reasoning was that the Kantor lynch wasn't moving along too well so he settled for radish and tried to set the board for another mislynch of dtewi or Final-Fan the next day.

yes, my reasons were so weak, im assuming thats why my top suspect Kantor was lynched? granted I was wrong about him, but my reasons were sound enough, or others wouldnt have voted him and got him lynched now would they? 

1) Those weren't your reasons, they were the reasons of others that you used for yourself when your weak reason was challenged. Now, there's always the possibility that I missed a post you made before your vote for Kantor about your suspicions, if you link me to such a post I'll remove my vote on you (or at least think about it).

Signature goes here!

GodOfWar_3ever said:

Do you think I'm retarded enough to role claim for a horrible role(in the perspective of fake roles for the anti-townies) that requires information to be provided and claim that not one, but 2 people visited the person I targeted if I was mafia ? 

Dude, it is obvious that a mafia targeted him (he died, so no duh that 1 person visited him). Guessing a 2nd person visited him isn't too far fetched.

Assuming what you said is true - then the most likely the second person to have targeted him was the cop (it couldn't be the doctor and I couldn't guess on another role). If you keep this up, you will out the cop when he has no useful information since the target died. Trading the cop with no information for a mafia right now probably isn't worth it as the cop could clear multiple people and condemn a scum before coming out of hiding.

Assuming you are lying - well, if you are lying, then you are fishing for the cop (or possibly another power role). As I said, guessing a second visitor isn't too far fetched but is risky. Maybe another scum member feels over pressured right now and you decided that you'll sacrifice him to find power roles and solidify your position as town. While it is unlikely it isn't impossible.

Either way, I don't like what you are doing.

If you drop a PS3 right on top of a Wii, it would definitely defeat it. Not so sure about the Xbox360. - mancandy
In the past we played games. In the future we watch games. - Forest-Spirit
11/03/09 Desposit: Mod Bribery (RolStoppable)  vg$ 500.00
06/03/09 Purchase: Moderator Privilege  vg$ -50,000.00

Nordlead Jr. Photo/Video Gallery!!! (Video Added 4/19/10)

I don't know if I buy this either. 

1.  A half-strength watcher (every other day) seems like a really crappy role and not very vanilla IMO. 

2.  He could be playing a gambit as scum where he's betting someone investigated prof and
(a) if the cop comes forward he tries to lynch him and anyway the mafia know who it is
(b) if the cop doesn't come forward, he "exposes" his most-lynchable fellow scum which may be small loss and gives him town credit (and he only has to come up with a lie on D3 and D5 instead of every day). 

In either case he would claim that the person who came forward is the scum in his opinion which is why he is "protecting" the other person (who doesn't exist) by not naming him. 

3.  And seriously what are the odds THREE people targeted him in VANILLA mafia, especially when we know the doctor DIDN'T?  I mean yeah he's a juicy target but the town had no lack of those last night.  Although if GoW really is a half-watcher this may not be all that vanilla, damn you hatmoza. 

That's why I haven't unvoted him. 

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!
I have the most epic death scene ever in VGChartz Mafia.  Thanks WordsofWisdom! 

Around the Network

So you don't like the fact that I can reveal one of the scumbags before I die ? We have to know who it is by the end of the game anyway.....

I'm gonna reveal the 2 people tomorrow...if, by that time, no one has explained themselves, it'd only make it harder for the town...so I want the power role to do the right thing...he'll have the doc's protection anyway.

GodOfWar_3ever said:

So you don't like the fact that I can reveal one of the scumbags before I die ? We have to know who it is by the end of the game anyway.....

I'm gonna reveal the 2 people tomorrow...if, by that time, no one has explained themselves, it'd only make it harder for the town...so I want the power role to do the right thing...he'll have the doc's protection anyway.

NO! NO! NO! The power role (who most likely is the cop) MUST remain hidden. You do realize that if the other role comes forward then you're left exposed. Also, assuming you're telling the truth (which I'm less sure of by the minute) why didn't you try to push for the lynch of the person you say you think is Mafia using his in-game behavior as arguments instead of just blurting out your role like that?

Signature goes here!

Final-Fan said:

Although if GoW really is a half-watcher this may not be all that vanilla, damn you hatmoza.  

I think it is fairly obvious that this is a "themeless" game, but not a vanilla game. In the OP it says.

Written on those letters in pink glitter is one of the following: Town, Mafia, or [Insert role]. I know you're confused but this http://mafiascum.net/wiki/index.php?title=Roles newspaper by your feet that your neighbor's dog pooped on this morning should help clear things up...

Obviously it isn't power role crazy either as we've got two "town", which I'm assuming is townie or vanilla townie as in no role. I thought it was obvious from the OP but people were missusing the term "Vanilla" which I believe refers to mafia/cop/doctor/townie only.

However, I've looked through the roles page and the only "half watcher" I can come up with is the reporter who is actually a 100% watcher and a half hider. So, maybe hatmoza didn't even follow what it says in the OP or I'm blind

If you drop a PS3 right on top of a Wii, it would definitely defeat it. Not so sure about the Xbox360. - mancandy
In the past we played games. In the future we watch games. - Forest-Spirit
11/03/09 Desposit: Mod Bribery (RolStoppable)  vg$ 500.00
06/03/09 Purchase: Moderator Privilege  vg$ -50,000.00

Nordlead Jr. Photo/Video Gallery!!! (Video Added 4/19/10)

Final-Fan said:

I don't know if I buy this either. 

1.  A half-strength watcher (every other day) seems like a really crappy role and not very vanilla IMO. 

So you vote for me because my role doesn't fit in your opinion as vanilla. That is a crappy point, imo.

2.  He could be playing a gambit as scum where he's betting someone investigated prof and
(a) if the cop comes forward he tries to lynch him and anyway the mafia know who it is
(b) if the cop doesn't come forward, he "exposes" his most-lynchable fellow scum which may be small loss and gives him town credit (and he only has to come up with a lie on D3 and D5 instead of every day). 

The cop wouldn't come forward if he didn't investigate prof. How fucktarded would I be to claim this or gamble on the chance of the cop targeting prof and coming forward if I was mafia ?

In either case he would claim that the person who came forward is the scum in his opinion which is why he is "protecting" the other person (who doesn't exist) by not naming him. 

Just wait and see....you'll be pleasantly surprised.

3.  And seriously what are the odds THREE people targeted him in VANILLA mafia, especially when we know the doctor DIDN'T?  I mean yeah he's a juicy target but the town had no lack of those last night.  Although if GoW really is a half-watcher this may not be all that vanilla, damn you hatmoza. 

That's why I haven't unvoted him. 

Your points against me aren't all that great, especially since the 3rd one is bitching about hatmoza....and you've not been yourself throughout the game. And thats why I haven't unvoted you.

TruckOSaurus said:
GodOfWar_3ever said:

NO! NO! NO! The power role (who most likely is the cop) MUST remain hidden. You do realize that if the other role comes forward then you're left exposed. Also, assuming you're telling the truth (which I'm less sure of by the minute) why didn't you try to push for the lynch of the person you say you think is Mafia using his in-game behavior as arguments instead of just blurting out your role like that?

I realize that...but there is always the possibility that I will lead a mislynch against the cop/other power role. That is gonna be insanely bad. 

I want the two people (or atleast one of them) to come forward with their stories. We lynch whoever sounds most suspicious and get the doc to protect the other guy. 

As I said before, I don't mind dying to get one scumbag.