By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
theprof00 said:
final post before I go to bed.
I'm leaning towards nord, kantor, and heph as mafia, with possibles on truck and ff as well.

nordlead and heph??

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!
I have the most epic death scene ever in VGChartz Mafia.  Thanks WordsofWisdom! 

Around the Network
Final-Fan said:
theprof00 said:
I'm leaning towards nord, kantor, and heph as mafia, with possibles on truck and ff as well.

nordlead and heph??

Especially:  nordlead??

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!

Final-Fan said:
theprof00 said:
Final-Fan:I found this interesting. He made a vote on GoW,but then only Fos'ed Radish. That seemed strange to me.
Final-Fan said:
Well that was a nice piece of insanity. 

radishhead does seem to be contradicting himself pretty badly.  I need to think about this. 

Unvote GOW
FoS radish

additionally there's this:

Final-Fan said:
If radish does flip scum my top suspects are prof and kantor.  If not ... well, whatever. 

As careful as FF seems to think he's been playing, this is a pretty bad bumble in logic. I wouldn't consider this a slip, but a pretty bad mistake.

In the first post, I thought I explained that completely adequately with the comment "I need to think about this".  IIRC, I went AFK for several hours and didn't want a hasty vote just lying around out there.  In any case, I unvoted, but didn't vote despite radish's scumminess because, as I explicitly told you, I wanted to think it over before acting. 

In the second post, just because you say you would never be caught dead defending fellow scum doesn't mean I have to take your word for it -- not that you had even said that yet in this thread IIRC.  Am I not allowed to even think that about you?  Can I not be mistaken about your psychology? 

Hell, it could be an advanced gambit on your part where you defend your fellow scum because you 'would never be dumb enough' to so blatantly defend your fellow scum.  It's just the sort of gambit I'd expect from you, though in your defense it's rampant speculation that I just thought of this second to say hypothetically ... even though now that I've done so it makes a surprising amount of sense

Notice who he gives the highest chance of being a townie too is none other than gow.  Two of the people most eager for a lynching.  I've bolded and underlined what I agree with.  That plus trying to use limited statistics to try and prove something ( a lie in another form is still a lie)  Has got me to change my vote

unvote

Vote  theprof00

Homer_Simpson said:

I would purfer not to vote just yet

a mislynch is just a whisker away

this really is the cats meow

A bunch of cat references. Afraid of lynch cause of the fear of a mislynch.

Homer_Simpson said:

meh, my view remains that day one lynches should only occur if we have a good suspect, I oppose random lynches (or lynches based on poor or faulty reasoning)

Noted.

Homer_Simpson said:

167 new posts...-_-

*begins reading*

This is a long time after his previous post.... I'm just saying.

Homer_Simpson said:
theprof00 said:

you want to day one lynch him?

And he's suspicious because he doesn't want a day one lynch? Fyi: neither does vette and several others.

What is so different about radish?

while I think some of Radishs posts are a bit odd, the whole "everyone is out to get me" thing does seem a tad desperate, but I dont know that alone is enough to lynch him on tbh.

I am about to quote a couple of the bandwagoners, essentially the ones who seem to have given the least reasoning for doing so, which is almost always a scum tell

followed by -

Homer_Simpson said:
Wonktonodi said:

So after a nice reprive of getting off work two hours early I see there is a bit of a mob forming to take out radishhead.  Although I have other susspicions; at this hour mob mentality seems much easier.

VOTE: Radishhead

Goodnight or day and see you after I get home from work tomorrow.

"mob mentality seems easier"

personally I think this reeks of a mafia wanting to get rid of someone they know isnt scum and who cant even be arsed to give a decent reason, just bandwagoning.

and,

Homer_Simpson said:
Kantor said:

It seems to me as though Radish currently holds the most suspicion because he doesn't want to Day One Lynch.

And so, we want to Day One Lynch him.

There's a beautiful poetic symmetry there.

Vote:  radishhead.

this doesnt even hide that its a fairly baseless bandwagon vote, again I have to query these kind of votes, to me it seems the perfect scum tactic, join a bandwagon that seems to have taken hold on loose evidence and hope you get the person lynched before people can question what is going on...

I must say I like Homer's somewhat new approach to this game...a step up from his previous games...I couldn't tell that he was town in the last game cause he sounded so damn suspicious...this is a step up..or so I thought atm..

Homer_Simpson said:
theprof00 said:
Final-Fan said:

If radish does flip scum my top suspects are prof and kantor.  If not ... well, whatever. 

That's totally baseless. When I was on mafia I lynched my fellow scum! I'm totally willing to throw my fellow scum under the bus in order to make myself look pro-town. Even my scum mates were complaining about me.

As per your other comment above, last game when I was on truck's ass, he was totally willing to night kill me in order to make it look like the mafia had framed him.

hmm, I think your point is fair, but the way you have made it seems a little over defensive to me, almost like you are trying to hard...

but what he is saying is true...scum are more than happy to lynch their team mates to look innocent.

However, prof's post makes no sense cause kantor has voted for prof...he is the one who hasn't. Maybe prof is not voting radish so that if he turns up scum, he can say that "I didn't even vote for him!, scum usually vote for their team mates if they're getting lynched!"....

Reverse psychology FTW ?

Homer_Simpson said:
Stefl1504 said:
theprof00 said:
Final-Fan said:

That's totally baseless. When I was on mafia I lynched my fellow scum! I'm totally willing to throw my fellow scum under the bus in order to make myself look pro-town. Even my scum mates were complaining about me.

As per your other comment above, last game when I was on truck's ass, he was totally willing to night kill me in order to make it look like the mafia had framed him.

Acctualy some time ago when I won with Mafia I did the same... Mafia do lynch themselves in order to get an advantage..

hmm, and if theProf was being over defensive in that, you just backed him up but without trying to look like you were too much so, intriguing...

If you say so...

Homer_Simpson said:
Stefl1504 said:

Acctualy I think the sly scum won't bandwagon without base... it often shows how scummy they maybe are if they are trying to do this... well

but Radishs last post really tempts me to vote for him, just giving up is so... well actually its not that scummy and I can feel with him since my first Mafia game ended similarly on day 2^^

and its because that attitude is being put about (probably by scum themselves) that they can get away with bandwagoning...

How can people get away with mindless bandwagoning ? Kantor is under heat for that very reason, no ?

Homer_Simpson said:
Kantor said:
Homer_Simpson said:
Kantor said:

It seems to me as though Radish currently holds the most suspicion because he doesn't want to Day One Lynch.

And so, we want to Day One Lynch him.

There's a beautiful poetic symmetry there.

Vote:  radishhead.

this doesnt even hide that its a fairly baseless bandwagon vote, again I have to query these kind of votes, to me it seems the perfect scum tactic, join a bandwagon that seems to have taken hold on loose evidence and hope you get the person lynched before people can question what is going on...

It's an extremely baseless bandwagon vote. It just has more base than any other bandwagon vote.

Besides, in MINHA, we killed two mafiosi with baseless bandwagon votes.

so basically the logic is that of a blind man in a room firing a gun off in any direction that feels good to him?

the fact we got lucky in previous rounds is no evidence of anything for this round though...

While Kantor's vote screams "BANDWAGON, BITCH !" its not like radishhead doesn't sound scummy...

While there is an obvious risk in the lynching of radish, I don't think we're blind men firing in random directions...we're more like kinda observant people seeing that someone has contradicted himself and shooting at him.

Homer_Simpson said:

vote Kantor

trying to control the town toward a lynch with nowhere near enough reasoning behind it, he reeks of scum to me and he is trying to play the town and I have no intention of letting him do so.

Everything else you posted so far were acceptable, imo. You had somewhat changed your approach to the game. But this right here just killed it.

This is absolutely false....if Kantor was bandwagoning as you've said, then how the hell is he also "controlling the town" towards a lynch ? 

Its more possible that he reduced the chances of radish getting lynched. I thought you said that voting for someone without much evidence is not something you were willing to do. You also said that while radish was suspicious, you don't have much going on to vote for him.

Yet you vote for Kantor using a crazy ass reason which is simply not true.

There is far more reasons pointing out that radish is more likely to be scum (or playing very badly) than Kantor.

Homer_Simpson said:
dtewi said:
Homer_Simpson said:

vote Kantor

trying to control the town toward a lynch with nowhere near enough reasoning behind it, he reeks of scum to me and he is trying to play the town and I have no intention of letting him do so.

You're really fucking trying to appear pro-town.

I don't even know what you're talking about. What lynch is he controlling? Prof? Prof has about a 0% chance of dying today.

I think he is trying to indirectly influence people toward a lynch of Radish, while I agree that some of Radishes behavour is off, its hardly to the point where one can justify bandwagoning him toward being lynched.

Radish was well on his way to a lynch even before Kantor voted for him. There were 6 more votes on him at the time he did. If you agree that radish has been acting weird, then why is it weird to lynch him for that reason.

I can say that you and prof are trying to get kantor lynched. Its true, even though Kantor has been suspicious. You two are infact LEADING a lynch against Kantor, while you claim that Kantor is leading a lynch against radish when he simply bandwagoned.

I can easily accuse you of bandwagoning on kantor using a nonsensical reason after prof's vote on kantor. What would you say about that ?

Homer_Simpson said:
Kantor said:
Homer_Simpson said:

vote Kantor

Ha, trying to control the town towards a lynch indeed.

Was I the one who started the lynch train on radish?

Have I even told anyone to vote for radish?

I mean, prof is always like this, but you.

Unvote.

Vote: Homer_Simpson

no, but you joined the bandwagon so lazily, and some of your posts to me seem like an indirect to way to convince people of your vote (even though the reasoning is poor), the fact you then voted for me as a revenge vote, really only hightens my feeling that you are scum.

3ever's notes - If someone bandwagons lazily, how can he convince others to vote ? Hell, how can saying "Its ironic we're lynching someone who doesn't want to lynch on day one" make people lynch that person ?

also;

Kantor - I couldn't care less about your silly FoS. Were I a mafioso, would I really start shivering in my boots at an FoS when somebody else was on L-3? The time at which I finished reading through the thread was the time after you posted your Finger of Suspicion. Coincidence, nothing more."

I really find it suspicious when people talk about what they would do if they were scum, to me it just seems like a double bluff

3ever's notes - Are you speaking from experience ? :p

Please excuse my exaggeration.

why? one of the reasons people gave for voting for Radish was just that, his "exageration and bending of the truth"

3ever's notes - His exaggeration was about the # of bandwagons. Radish's is about his refusal to vote on day one.One is more serious than the other.

When you voted for me, that was cause for concern.

that just sounds like a backtrack and an excuse...

3ever's notes - Actually, the way you voted for him is most definitely a cause for concern. But I agree that he shouldn't have revenge voted cause he had done that already with the prof.

It's an extremely baseless bandwagon vote. It just has more base than any other bandwagon vote.

and this eliminates its suspiciousness how exactly?

3ever's notes - It doesn't. Just like radishhead saying that we saw through his disguise of pretending to have a strict "No Day 1 Lynch" policy when he didn't. Why say this to Kantor and not radish ?

And why are you so defensive about radish ?

add to this your inconsitent behvour toward other players and voting earlier on, your actions all reek of scum to me.

3ever's notes - If by other players, you mean "prof", yeah. He hadn't voted for anyone else before radish.

Your actions started pretty well, and is now beginning to reek of scum to me. :p

My notes in the post above and in the post above :p

Homer_Simpson said:
TruckOSaurus said:
Homer_Simpson said:

vote Kantor

Your reasons to vote for Kantor don't fit his actions at all. They'd fit prof better actually since he has been pushing strongly for a lynch (then changed his mind when the lynch was imminent :P).

Seems to me you're trying to divert attention away from radishhead... is he your scum buddy?

I have already mentioned that I have an eye on some of the things both theProf and radishead have done...at this stage though, Kantor seems a much more suspect player, it really doesnt help his cause that you and I think it was dtewi were keen to attack me for voting for him

Kantor does sound suspicious...but there are others who've been even worse in this round...most notably, radishhead. I think they were attacking you because your reasons for voting for kantor were incredibly poor.

All in all, you've started to read scum to me. But I'm giving you the benifit of the doubt for now. As it simply could've been you not thinking straight...

Final-Fan said:
Final-Fan said:
theprof00 said:

nordlead and heph??

Especially:  nordlead??

nordlead sounds very scummy to me as well. So does noname and yourself, cat lover ! Heph on the other hand, I'm 100% sure is scum. But I won't be able to get enough support for a lynch. Fact.

Around the Network
theprof00 said:

I'm going to steal this from linkz for now.

This post will be entitled "potals" for Post totals.

POTALS!

Props for this. Much more in-depth than the table I keep and it has inspired me to expand. I'll comment if I see any large discrepancies in Cont/Gray/NC counts.

Back to my take on the game as noname asked:

After the initial "spat" with GoW, Heph has a lot of joke posts before 

Hephaestos said:

@proff, unfortunately, there isn't much to presure kantor on so far. Engaging in a confrontation with him will probably yield a rather steril debate as I did with gow. Might get you to have a read on him, but you're also waisting your ammo by letting others slack down in the mean time. I'll grant you however that he is currently the lurking force in the game... and going from last game, you're right to be on his tail.

I know prof quoted from this post as well, but he didn't say much besides it's just scummy. To me it's like saying prof alone should do the scumhunting, but if he gets on the wrong track nobody else will be watching anyone else. It's up to every townie to cast their suspicions and follow them up, as the confrontations that actually don't just yield a sterile debate are the most important ones.

Ugggh another fire call. Before I go, Wonk you're misunderstanding the point of the worst case scenario.

Linkzmax said:
theprof00 said:

I'm going to steal this from linkz for now.

This post will be entitled "potals" for Post totals.

POTALS!

Props for this. Much more in-depth than the table I keep and it has inspired me to expand. I'll comment if I see any large discrepancies in Cont/Gray/NC counts.

Back to my take on the game as noname asked:

After the initial "spat" with GoW, Heph has a lot of joke posts before 

Hephaestos said:

@proff, unfortunately, there isn't much to presure kantor on so far. Engaging in a confrontation with him will probably yield a rather steril debate as I did with gow. Might get you to have a read on him, but you're also waisting your ammo by letting others slack down in the mean time. I'll grant you however that he is currently the lurking force in the game... and going from last game, you're right to be on his tail.

I know prof quoted from this post as well, but he didn't say much besides it's just scummy. To me it's like saying prof alone should do the scumhunting, but if he gets on the wrong track nobody else will be watching anyone else. It's up to every townie to cast their suspicions and follow them up, as the confrontations that actually don't just yield a sterile debate are the most important ones.

Ugggh another fire call. Before I go, Wonk you're misunderstanding the point of the worst case scenario.

So the point of the worst case scenario was that if we always vote wrong we don't loose a day to vote wrong and so get to have one more vote wrong?

It is only one posability and in that situation an extra day won't help you.  One scenario where it doesn't cost a day doesn't mean most scenarios it won't cost a day.  In other situations where we don't get them all wrong that one bad lynch could cost us an extra day and very well the game.  I was hoping he would run a few models to really show it and all he said was they don't matter since it's to hard to figure out.  Having an extra day to loose is still loosing.  How does if effect our chances to win?   What he answered is how it will not make a difference if we loose. I'm wondering if a majority of scenarios have us winning after a bad lynch on day one a majority have us loosing or if it's 50/50 .   He wasn't capable of creating a modle to test all these things out which is why I'm saying it's meaningless.  

GoW, I wonder if you could trim your mega-posts some.  I mean, they're just so LONG.  If you can't make them shorter I KNOW you can make them more compact in terms of sheer scroll length. 

I don't want to discourage anyone from posting analyses to their hearts' content ... but still. 

Wonktonodi said:

So the point of the worst case scenario was that if we always vote wrong we don't loose a day to vote wrong and so get to have one more vote wrong?

It is only one posability and in that situation an extra day won't help you.  One scenario where it doesn't cost a day doesn't mean most scenarios it won't cost a day.  In other situations where we don't get them all wrong that one bad lynch could cost us an extra day and very well the game.  I was hoping he would run a few models to really show it and all he said was they don't matter since it's to hard to figure out.  Having an extra day to loose is still loosing.  How does if effect our chances to win?   What he answered is how it will not make a difference if we loose. I'm wondering if a majority of scenarios have us winning after a bad lynch on day one a majority have us loosing or if it's 50/50 .   He wasn't capable of creating a modle to test all these things out which is why I'm saying it's meaningless.  

The point of the worst case scenario is that we have more chances to get it right by lynching day one then not lynching day one. Not only that, but the odds of getting it right on day two and later are better if there's a day one mislynch compared to a no lynch. Odds are worse day two comapred to nolynch if we actually catch scum with a day one lynch, but who'd actually complain in that scenario.

I'm not going to post another table, but I took a look at mislynch vs nolynch day one if we could guarantee a day two mafia kill. Mislynch still always has at least as many lynching opportunities(as in chances to hang scum), and still always gives better odds on the later days. It's not that there isn't means to create models for better scenarios, it's just that those better scenarios don't change anything. You simply cannot create a scenario in which there will be fewer chances to lynch throughout the round by lynching day one compared to nolynching.

More analyses:

Like GoW, I thought Homer's play this round was much better than his last. Then he turned his vote onto Kantor. I still don't see the stated reason behind the vote.

Speaking of Kantor, prof's original suspicions could be paranoia as dtewi suggested. An hour really isn't much to fully digest nearly 200 posts, but whether it was intentional or not Kantor did not answer until after the FoS. noname pointed it out, but Kantor replied to an earlier post, "done reading?" even though he later states that he saw the FoS, but was unfazed by it. Apparently the radish vote doesn't match his playstyle, but I'm not so suspicious of that as others voted with more or less the same justification, and if I were to vote now it'd be on radish more for the poor play then anything. What bugs me more is the two "no you" votes, though I agree Homer's is simply illogical.

MG has been very quiet this round. I'd agree with prof that he's got three content posts which pretty much revolve around radish. Calls him suspicious and "I say we go for it" but doesn't put the vote down. I question that more than the "DIE RADISH DIE" which was addressed as a joke. If you don't want to vote radish then don't, but it seems like you want radish lynched without your name attached to it.

Noname's been a huge contributor and far more active than the last round. I can totally understand responsibilities myself so I'm not likely to hold that against anyone, but the biggest difference I see is an earnest attempt at calling out suspicious behavior. One of my highest town reads at the moment.

nordlead is playing it very straight. It's interesting that he assumed Kantor's vote on radish was for the same reason as his own, but other than that I got nothing.

I'm tired, I'll finish up my takes on the rest when I awaken from my slumber.