By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
Hephaestos said:
Linkzmax said:

* I believe SAK replaced dsister day 4?

in all fairness to the posts per day... day one was 1/3 of the thread....litteraly.

and one third of the day one posts were made by prof

Around the Network
Stefl1504 said:

yeah... i got that... also I wondered why you did not wait... and then claimed doc yourself...

and yeah... I mean after nord was lynched...

i didn't claim doc cause i would have had to let you live ^^

this meant i had to kill whoever you investigated, giving me a 50% chance... unless you investigated me ^^.

i honnestly though that trucks was less prone to lynch me than he actually was so i prefered the odds there. the FF lynch hurt me more than it should have (but we made history so =)

OoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoO

Hephaestos said:

Stefl1504 said:

yeah... i got that... also I wondered why you did not wait... and then claimed doc yourself...

and yeah... I mean after nord was lynched...

i didn't claim doc cause i would have had to let you live ^^

this meant i had to kill whoever you investigated, giving me a 50% chance... unless you investigated me ^^.

i honnestly though that trucks was less prone to lynch me than he actually was so i prefered the odds there. the FF lynch hurt me more than it should have (but we made history so =)

maybe... if I had payed more attention to that day it would have ended differently...

"why the hell am I being suspected because I posted less than 100 posts? Since when is being the 5th most contributing townie suspicious (on the postals chart)?"

Heph, it wasn't because you didn't post a lot. It was because all your posts were garbage.

"I honestly don't see what the problem is. I used the plurality vote system in the street fighter game."

Hat, it wasn't just plurality. It was plurality by surprise.

"prof00 - twisted logic that will get one of us killed." 

Nord, my "logic" was meant to provoke a reaction. You reacted very very badly to it. It has nothing to do with bad detective work. You felt like you were in the spotlight, and fled.

"Well sorry nord... I was trying to set you up with a cop claim but you went fibonacci..."

SON YOU JUST WENT FULL FIBONACCI

theprof00 said:

"why the hell am I being suspected because I posted less than 100 posts? Since when is being the 5th most contributing townie suspicious (on the postals chart)?"

Heph, it wasn't because you didn't post a lot. It was because all your posts were garbage.

"I honestly don't see what the problem is. I used the plurality vote system in the street fighter game."

Nord, my "logic" was meant to provoke a reaction. You reacted very very badly to it. It has nothing to do with bad detective work. You felt like you were in the spotlight, and fled.

"Well sorry nord... I was trying to set you up with a cop claim but you went fibonacci..."

lol

Around the Network
theprof00 said:

ah then i plead guilty... it was actually my first time as mafia, it's hard in the early days. (well i was recruited to mafia as sk once but doesn't count).

OoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoO

Mod's LOL Moments:

Final-Fan said:
Linkzmax said:
First!

Be honest, Linkzmax:  You're on the right, aren't you? 

[edit:  made pic slightly bigger]

Final-Fan said:

So we throw someone under the bus and just hope they're scum? 

Vote:  GodOfWar_3ever

dtewi said:
theprof00 said:
Kantor said:
theprof00 said:

kantor, are you done reading yet?

Somewhat.

Perhaps I've missed something, but the first two and a half pages are almost all composed of meta-meta-theories and ridiculous tables with arbitrary probabilities of what could happen.

Oh, and a bunch of random voting because of some entirely made-up percentages.

posted as soon as I fosed him for lurking.

vote: kantor

You really are paranoid.

noname2200 said:
MetalGear_94 said:

Okay, just finished catching up with the game

I am not aginst a first day lynch, if I think someone has acted suspicious enough I have no problem voting for them

I kinda found GoW's aggressiveness in the beginninig a little weird

Radishhead is suspicious on the first day again, last time he was a serial killer I say we go for it

DIE RADISH DIE!!

Does a vote go along with this dramatic statement, or must we wait for you to finish your 17th cup of darkness?

Vetteman94 said:

If that is the way its going to be the rest of the game and not changed to the way it should be, a true majority, like every other mafia game we have had. Then mod-kill me cause I want no part of it, cause its stupid. 

And here i didnt think a mod could screw up a vanilla game

GodOfWar_3ever said:
hatmoza said:

Next person to complain or "pretend" to complain about the plurality voting system gets mod killed.

As moderator, its your responsibility to take into account any criticisms that the players have towards this game, especially when the issue in question can be easily recitfied to make it similar to every other mafia game.

This is absolute horse crap that'll only help scum at the end game.

If you are arrogant enough to not change something that is so horribly broken despite the protest of all these members, you suck. Fact.

Threatening us with mod kills...LMAO... Mr.Kitten can go get himself run over by a car.

noname2200 said:
hatmoza said:

Did I mention Mr. Kitten was a dictator?

Nope, but then we forgot to mention that the citizens of VGChartzville have a long history of engaging in violent insurrections which end in brutal tyrannicide.

Seriously though, if kantor got lynched because we reached the required majority for in-game behind-the-scenes reasons, all you need to do is tell us that kantor met the number of votes required for a lynch.  Problem solved. 

Final-Fan said:

Your mom feels like an election. 

GodOfWar_3ever said:
Final-Fan said:
GodOfWar_3ever said:
I think we should lynch Homer today.

Why Homer? 

You're right. Maybe we should lynch your scummy ass instead.

Seriously dude ? "Why Homer?"

Why don't you answer that question yourself ? You were going on a merry-go-round of voting Kantor, Radish and Homer yesterday and now you ask "Why homer?" plus you haven't been acting like yourself.

I bet my left ass cheek that you're scum...and my right ass cheek points at one of the two people who visited prof last night.

Yes, I watched him.

You have 24 hours to reveal what you were doing there or I will lead a mindless lynch against you.

Final-Fan said:
hatmoza said:

Stefl1504 said:

OKAY!!! NOW I HAVE ENOUGH!!! ARE YOU GUYS EVEN READINFG MY POSTS?

I was trying all along to hint that I am a cop dammit... but if everyone ignores my posts I will be lynched and then you would have seen: Huh, so nordlead is scum, eh?

Argh am I angry right now!

radishhead said:

Also:

Vote: Nordlead

I believe Stefl when he says that he's the Cop - I had a feeling that it was him, anyway - and I also thought that Nord was scum before the confirmation.

nordlead said:

I see I was investigated (figured as much)

I'm a doctor who looks scummy and can only proctect on the 1/2/3/5/7 night (fibinachi numbers) who could protect himself once (I did night one cause I know I'm a popular target).

All I can say is screw you Hatmoza. Why he hates me in such a way I don't know. Oh wait, I do cause I beat him (like the NFL prediction league right now ). It is obvious that this isn't a normal game, and obviously Hatmoza doesn't want us to play follow the cop (just look at the fact that stefl can't invevstigate every night)

I'll actually believe stefl's roleclaim due to the fact that I have a weird roll. However, you should have known you claimed cop when you voted me for the weakest reasons possible. If you classify me as hit and run, then everyone is hit and run. I have obligations and sometimes have to leave even if it is in the middle of something interesting, but I'll always come back to it if the town hasn't decided they'd rather do something else.

I also wasn't the first person to lead a vote against GoW. My GoW vote day one drew a bunch of attention, suppringly more than a "random.org" vote which is scummy because you are saying "i'm not responsible". Day 2 I was the 3rd person to vote GoW, and punishing a blatant liar should be perfectly acceptable to any pro town player. If we let GoW into the next day could we trust anything he typed? I wouldn't. Having to second guess someone even if you think they are town is just bad. Oh, and I've "punished" players before despite what side I'm on.

Also, I'm not going to vote, as voting just gets me killed faster. In fact, even trying to get the town to vote for someone else could get me killed faster thanks to Hatmoza's plurality deal.

Final-Fan said:

WHAT IS THIS FIBONACCI NUMBERS BULLSHIT

Miller "Fibonacci" doctor?!? If true:  damn you hatmoza.  Just damn you. 

My vote is now a wish for this to be false. 

And yes, I really really really regret abandoning my radishhead vote on Day 1. 

Final-Fan said:
Final-Fan said:
I agree that the fibonacci thing smells like an "it's so crazy I wouldn't make it up" lie.   

OTOH I'd think hatmoza would be more likely to mess up the sequence than nordlead, no offense hatmoza. 

(You can see how I'm vascillating.)

That's when I stopped saving posts.

I am the black sheep     "of course I'm crazy, but that doesn't mean I'm wrong."-Robert Anton Wilson

Hephaestos said:
Linkzmax said:
Hephaestos said:

i think it's too early for links. (and for gow v2)

i'd go khuut (no offence to you or rep)

question.... how is christmass handled? (i'm gone 6 days: 27-01)

Very much agreed, besides I want to play a handful more before I take on hosting. I'll throw my name in the hat(not moza) for round in the future once I feel I've had enough playing experience and a great setup.

Though I'm currently working on seeing if a very small(4 or 5 players) setup is balanced.(Through random lynches/no lynches and random night actions/no actions) It's not too hard to go through the odds and if I come out around 50/50 then I'll describe the setup and see if there's interest in a 24 part B or something, for those that die early in the main round.

might want to talk to dtewi about that, he hosted a B round during DBZ (which I completely forgot to check ^^)

Didn't dtewi decide to take a vacation from VGC?

Anyway, I finished running the iterations of choices and it's almost exactly a 50/50 split for town/mafia to win with exactly 5 players. I was inspired by a round I read elsewhere in which a player claimed to have not read his role PM. I thought that would make an interesting twist, in which the setup(1 goon,doc,vig,roleblocker,1 vanilla) will be known to all; however, nobody will know which role they begin with. The problem with that is it's less about scumhunting/outsmarting the town as it is about trying to figure out one's own role and random luck. I have a possible remedy for that though: a "Night 0" in which actions could be made and the "what if" results announced.

Thoughts, anyone?

I'm sorry that I fucked up badly.

A day freaking one hephaestos !!! day freaking one.