By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
Final-Fan said:
Hephaestos said:
1. actually the unvote right after for being a bad actor is pretty much confirming you were hurrying people to vote before they changed their minds. Homer had the benefit of this day one (kantor) and day four (MG), he was a slippery person when on the lynch seat.

1.  What?  I am speechless at how you are arriving at that conclusion. 

Final-Fan said:

And I take it you have nothing to add on point 1? 

since you brought up point one again... I'll humor you and explain it again.

For the mafia the game is simple, not be the one in the lynch seat. Homer with suspicion on him was the perfect townie to get an early start there, but he's also a townie there was no real proof on, hence his slipperiness, so cashing in the lynch quickly is the only logical issue for mafia there, as if not homer, it could very well have been a mafia in his spot. Your eagerness to get him lynched shows just that, but as you said, it's not a crime to push a lynch... However, you actively distanced yourself from the lynch by unvoting after hammer, putting you in effect as a voice saying "he's not that good an actor". It is that acting of yours that give me confidence in your guiltiness.

OoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoO

Around the Network

I'm so confused, I wish I could lynch both Final-Fan and Heph...

Signature goes here!

Hephaestos said:
Final-Fan said:
Hephaestos said:
1. actually the unvote right after for being a bad actor is pretty much confirming you were hurrying people to vote before they changed their minds. Homer had the benefit of this day one (kantor) and day four (MG), he was a slippery person when on the lynch seat.

1.  What?  I am speechless at how you are arriving at that conclusion. 

Final-Fan said:
And I take it you have nothing to add on point 1? 

since you brought up point one again... I'll humor you and explain it again.

For the mafia the game is simple, not be the one in the lynch seat. Homer with suspicion on him was the perfect townie to get an early start there, but he's also a townie there was no real proof on, hence his slipperiness, so cashing in the lynch quickly is the only logical issue for mafia there, as if not homer, it could very well have been a mafia in his spot. Your eagerness to get him lynched shows just that, but as you said, it's not a crime to push a lynch... However, you actively distanced yourself from the lynch by unvoting after hammer, putting you in effect as a voice saying "he's not that good an actor". It is that acting of yours that give me confidence in your guiltiness.

"the unvote right after for being a bad actor is pretty much confirming you were hurrying people to vote before they changed their minds."

What in your last post addresses this point AT ALL?  I have no idea how you are getting from Point A to Point B here. 

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!
I have the most epic death scene ever in VGChartz Mafia.  Thanks WordsofWisdom! 

Wait, I might have it.  Is this your theory Heph? 

1.  I use my town leadership to push Homer's lynch as fast as I possibly can before people come to their senses and don't do it. 
2.  I post the unvote that is too late.  (And I know it is too late when I post it.)
3.  I post it for the purpose of distancing myself from the lynch which I know is a mislynch because I'm scum. 

If so, I have two things to say: 
A.  It's bullshit that I would think that would distance myself from the mislynch if I was so incredibly instrumental in bringing it about, especially when the first thing it's going to do is draw attention to me in relation to Homer's lynch. 

B.  I STILL don't know how points 2 and 3 prove point 1.  At most IMO, both are simply compatible with the idea that I'm scum. 

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!

Personally, I'm leaning toward the theory that Heph thought this would be a good time to come out of the shadows because lying low only gets you so far and he thought I was vulnerable due to leading Homer's mislynch. 

Around the Network
Final-Fan said:

Personally, I'm leaning toward the theory that Heph thought this would be a good time to come out of the shadows because lying low only gets you so far and he thought I was vulnerable due to leading Homer's mislynch. 

except I got on your case based on your response to truck's suspicions, not specifically homer's lynch. As you said, homer's lynch is only compatible with being scum, it proves nothing, however, your early attitude thowards suspicion on it is what lead my vote on you. Of course now your answers are much more composed and thought out... only natural after 48 hours rehashing the same theme.

oh and FoS radish for delaying his input to this day.

TruckOSaurus said:

umh, this seems genuine so i'll reply gently.

double lynch night  kill = 2 players tomorow so mafia win.

in short a double lynch today is useless as you forfeit tomorow's lynch by doing so and by essence tomorow's lynch has a better chance (33%).

Hephaestos said:
TruckOSaurus said:

in short a double lynch today is useless as you forfeit tomorow's lynch by doing so and by essence tomorow's lynch has a better chance (33%).

Don't worry I'm not actually planning on double lynching you two... but in my mind either you or Final-Fan is scum or both of you are so a double-lynch would spare me the headache of trying to figure out the liar between you two.

Signature goes here!

@hatmoza: Is there anyway this day can extend into the weekend where I (and others too) will have the time to research the thread more carefully?

Signature goes here!

TruckOSaurus said:
Hephaestos said:
TruckOSaurus said:

Don't worry I'm not actually planning on double lynching you two... but in my mind either you or Final-Fan is scum or both of you are so a double-lynch would spare me the headache of trying to figure out the liar between you two.

umh... why are you talking about liars? the whole discution has been on his behavior being scummy. He argues that it is not, I argue that it is. We don't have definite proof on him so it's also possible that he doesn't actually lie while being scum or that he did this to avoid being thought of as scum while town. It's why I want the town's input on this issue, but it seems everyone is a bit reluctant to speak much.

I don't like that you're setting up the pieces to have necessarely the both of us lynched, especially since you've been relatively quiet since we've started spatting. Heck FF might be right when saying you let him live to target him today, you've played many games and maybe you just know the way to make him tick into looking scummy , and i'd just have been fish to bite at the bait.