By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
TruckOSaurus said:

Well I think that settles the No-Lynch scenario. Now let's find us scum, right now I'm leaning more towards Final-Fan than Heph.

There's little things from the early days that bug me about him (like that norlead comment about them being linked being ridiculous) but it mostly stems from his attitude yesterday.

I made a post about my conflicting feelings about Homer yesterday, where I presented both sides:

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=3793482

Then a few posts later, Final-Fan votes and says "See TOS"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=3793906

I did find it odd that he used a post where I expressed doubt about Homer to justify his vote. Then I voted for Homer saying he was expendable (which he was):

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=3794112

After radish voted and Heph hesitated because Homer was on the brink on lynching. That's when Final-Fan started to really push for his lynch:

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=3794523

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=3794527

After Stefl hammered Homer and the following "you'll be sorry you killed me" post by Homer, Final-Fan came back with a useless Unvote (which I'm now pretty sure was a ruse) :

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=3795491

i do agree that the last statement was wierd.... but that was one of the main points i had on rad, the pro town votes just after hammer in the first days.

OoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoO

Around the Network

The unvoting after hammer is the thing that makes me most curious out of the points made by TOS

@Heph I know that I looked fairly "scummy" on the 1st day, but that was just a bit of bad playing tbh :p 

Click this button, you know you want to!  [Subscribe]

Watch me on YouTube!

http://www.youtube.com/user/TheRadishBros

~~~~ Mario Kart 8 drove far past my expectations! Never again will I doubt the wheels of a Monster Franchise! :0 ~~~~

I don't know why TOS is so suspicious of me based on that event.  In fact -- and I know in advance that this may make me look bad -- the more he attacks me the more suspicious I am of him.  But on the other hand I don't fully know why he wouldn't have just killed me last night if he wanted me dead if he's mafia. 

As for the "see TOS" quote, it's very simple.  Vetteman (or somebody) was saying, "I've only seen one reason people are suspecting Homer, what else is there?"  You had just given several reasons I agreed with, so I pointed to your post, even though it wasn't written for the same purpose. 

And since when is it a crime to push a lynch?  If I didn't want him dead, I wouldn't be voting him.  ("Pressure votes" would be an exception to that rule, but clearly that vote was not just a pressure vote.)  Since I DID want him dead, surely I will promote that solution to other townsfolk? 

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!
I have the most epic death scene ever in VGChartz Mafia.  Thanks WordsofWisdom! 

Final-Fan said:

I don't know why TOS is so suspicious of me based on that event.  In fact -- and I know in advance that this may make me look bad -- the more he attacks me the more suspicious I am of him.  But on the other hand I don't fully know why he wouldn't have just killed me last night if he wanted me dead if he's mafia. 

As for the "see TOS" quote, it's very simple.  Vetteman (or somebody) was saying, "I've only seen one reason people are suspecting Homer, what else is there?"  You had just given several reasons I agreed with, so I pointed to your post, even though it wasn't written for the same purpose. 

And since when is it a crime to push a lynch?  If I didn't want him dead, I wouldn't be voting him.  ("Pressure votes" would be an exception to that rule, but clearly that vote was not just a pressure vote.)  Since I DID want him dead, surely I will promote that solution to other townsfolk? 

Well pushing for a lynch of someone who ends up townie is necessarely scummy, it shows imatience and some sort of fear of a reversal of the vote. Also after pushing for the lynch you back down after hammer using the reason that he's "not that good an actor".... makes it look like you knew he was town all along and tried to tone down your agressivity thowards him for when people look back on the day. FoS FF

Second, your logic is flawed in the first paragraph. You insinuate that your attacker is mafia and back down at the same time by saying he would have killed you at night. However the logical aspect would be that since he had something to go on you he could try to push the lynch on you today and therefore not bother to kill you at night. So yes FoS Truck on that point, but the way you phrased it just makes it an argument to put the spotlight on trucks while appearing yourself as a netral character.... references back to the backing off the hammer, you are actively  trying to be netral yet still try to push an agenda. second FoS on you = HOS FF.

Lastly, you do realize how scummy saying "I DID want him dead" is, right? Also I find it interesting how you start by "I don't know" when you perfectly know and answer in the last paragraph...

Well that settles it for me. It's not sufficient for a vote in normal times but I believe FF's attitude yesterday, combined whith his ambiguous defence post today put him in a significant lead on my radar.

If there are 2 mafia as I believe, a misslynch will mean defeat... but I now believe them to be FF and Radish. If there is only one, well then there'll be a vote tomorow and for the record i'm still on FoS@Radish

Vote FF

Hephaestos said:
Final-Fan said:

Well pushing for a lynch of someone who ends up townie is necessarely scummy, it shows imatience and some sort of fear of a reversal of the vote. Also after pushing for the lynch you back down after hammer using the reason that he's "not that good an actor".... makes it look like you knew he was town all along and tried to tone down your agressivity thowards him for when people look back on the day. FoS FF

Second, your logic is flawed in the first paragraph. You insinuate that your attacker is mafia and back down at the same time by saying he would have killed you at night. However the logical aspect would be that since he had something to go on you he could try to push the lynch on you today and therefore not bother to kill you at night. So yes FoS Truck on that point, but the way you phrased it just makes it an argument to put the spotlight on trucks while appearing yourself as a netral character.... references back to the backing off the hammer, you are actively  trying to be netral yet still try to push an agenda. second FoS on you = HOS FF.

Lastly, you do realize how scummy saying "I DID want him dead" is, right? Also I find it interesting how you start by "I don't know" when you perfectly know and answer in the last paragraph...

Well that settles it for me. It's not sufficient for a vote in normal times but I believe FF's attitude yesterday, combined whith his ambiguous defence post today put him in a significant lead on my radar.

If there are 2 mafia as I believe, a misslynch will mean defeat... but I now believe them to be FF and Radish. If there is only one, well then there'll be a vote tomorow and for the record i'm still on FoS@Radish

Vote FF

1.  It wasn't impatience.  Look:  if you think someone is mafia, you'd want people to vote for them, right?  That's exactly the situation I was in.  I tried to convince people to vote for Homer.  That behavior IS NOT a hallmark of scum.  If you think I was trying to quickly bandwagon him before people came to their senses, that would actually be quite scummy, but you are just plain wrong. 

The fact that the subject was in fact townie is, however, a legitimate reason to suspect me because perhaps I knew he was town all along.  I didn't, of course, but you don't know that.  All I can really do about that is protest my innocence and explain what I can of the reasons for my actions. 

2.  No, I don't realize how it's scummy at all to want someone dead who you think is mafia!  And I actually have NO DAMNED IDEA what you are talking about when you say I "perfectly know and answer" the question of why TOS assigned so much weight of suspicion to the fact that I made an unvote that proved to be useless. 

2.5.  I only tried to share my thoughts on both sides of TOS being mafia.  Just because I vascillate doesn't mean I'm trying to play both sides. 

3.  "It's not sufficient for a vote in normal times"  The endgame (by which I mean late game not necessarily the very last day) is when you have to be MORE careful about votes, not LESS.  Honestly this is a terrible thought. 

4.  Me and radish?  What?!  Why??  I have absolutely no clue how you came to this conclusion unless you are just naming your two top suspects.  

FoS Hephaestos.  I consider his reasoning suspect. 

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!

Around the Network

"I didn't, of course, but you don't know that."  Unless he's scum, obviously. 

1. actually the unvote right after for being a bad actor is pretty much confirming you were hurrying people to vote before they changed their minds. Homer had the benefit of this day one (kantor) and day four (MG), he was a slippery person when on the lynch seat.

2. tos pointed that you pushed for the lynch, the unvote is only part of his plea, and so you answered the question of why he's suspicious when you said "since when is it a crime to push a lynch".

3. I am carefull about my vote, you're the only one that I have something solid on and a lynch is the whole town's descision, not just mine. Voting for you forces others to look more closely into the FF issue, not just idle arround.

4. indeed, why you and radish? there is nothing to link the 2 of you....You are indeed my top 2 suspects. But now that you mention it, I just looked briefly back at day one, the one day one of you two was on the spotlight...and look:

Votals:
[7,L-2] Kantor: (theprof00), theprof00, (Homer_Simpson), noname2200, dtewi, Stefl1504, GodOfWar_3ever, Final-Fan, radishhead
[5,L-4] radishhead: (dtewi), nordlead, Hephaestos, (Final-Fan), (GodOfWar_3ever), (Wonktonodi), (Kantor), (TruckOSaurus), (dtewi), Homer_Simpson, Linkzmax, MetalGear_94, (Final-Fan)

You voted/unvoted for him not once but twice! but look, you're also the two hammers on Kantor... now that you mention it, there are indeed links between you two! It'll be a quick day tomorow.

I love the way that the game goes so quiet at this stage - both town and mafia are only saying relevant things, that are as non-scummy as possible :p

A bit off topic, but just looking at those votals makes me realise how close I was to getting lynched on that first day - I should really be more careful xP @Heph - that's true, but Dtewi also did that, and he was town. I'm not trying to defend FF, but we've got to consider all sides.

Click this button, you know you want to!  [Subscribe]

Watch me on YouTube!

http://www.youtube.com/user/TheRadishBros

~~~~ Mario Kart 8 drove far past my expectations! Never again will I doubt the wheels of a Monster Franchise! :0 ~~~~

Reread the previous day (it wasn't that long actually!)

And I saw that Homer was at the top of FF's suspicion list even before I made my post about my conflicting feelings about Homer. That somewhat lowers my suspicion of him but I'm still getting that "out for blood" feeling about FF's behavior yesterday, I'll have to check back to see if that's consistent with how he normally acts when he's confident about someone's scumness.

To stefl & radishhead: I NEED YOUR INPUT here!!! FF and Heph are my top suspects, their contributions are welcome but I'd like to hear the opinions of the people I kinda somewhat trust.

Signature goes here!

Tracking.

oh, and btw,

Good luck towny!