By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Frankly, with apologies to SAK, I'm less sad about his death than about many others it could have been, because I didn't know enough about him to judge his towniness, which is threatening to me at this stage.  I literally thought to myself, "Oh, SAK was playing?" when I read the morning post. 

I'm not saying he was lurking, necessarily, he just might as well have been for all I remembered of him. 

@ SAK:  I like your signature quite a bit.  It seems to me that there ought to be a way to make it loop (I think Homer's body passes entirely by one point on the shrub) but I'm no gif artist.  Actually, now that I think about it it would be a very narrow gif so the way it is is better. 

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!
I have the most epic death scene ever in VGChartz Mafia.  Thanks WordsofWisdom! 

Around the Network

Living players: 

Final-Fan
Hephaestos
Homer_Simpson
radishhead
Stefl1504
TruckOSaurus
Vetteman94

Stefl has claimed every-other-day cop powers and since he's nailed two mafia and no other cop has surfaced I am certainly inclined to trust him. 

Of the remaining living players I think I most want to lynch Homer.  But as I told V94 yesterday, I have my eye on him as well. 

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!

It's somewhat unusual, but this game I don't really have confience in anyone being town (who is currently alive) other than Stefl with his character references of mafia corpses. 

Still, I think I can more or less order my suspicions. 
Myself
Stefl
radishhead
Hephaestos
TruckOSaurus
Vetteman94
Homer_Simpson

I almost hate to suspect radish so little, but I'm just getting a "safe" vibe, and on the first day nordlead was on his case pretty bad and MG94 voted him as well.  Nord was entirely capable of "simulating" townie play to that level when radishhead brought it on his own head with his lie and bad justification, but ... well, that's where he is on my list.  He edged Heph out based on nothing more than sheer gut feeling. 

It might be worthwhile to look at MG94's justification for voting radish -- it could conceivably suggest whether it was just a bandwagon or if he put more thought into it like he was deciding if he really wanted to throw his fellow scum under a bus.  

... Oh yes, the infamous "DIE RADISH DIE".  He later said that that was a joke ... odd. 

Here, interestingly, he says he only hesitates to vote because of bandwagoning by kantor and WONKTONODI, whom we now know is scum.  Not quite sure what to make of that but it may mean something, especially if he expected the radish lynch to go through. 

Later he mentions 3 suspects:  Kantor, radish, and Homer.  No mention of Wonk. 

Then he votes radish, basically stating that he would lynch either Kantor or radish equally willingly.  I am inclined to believe him, which would mean that radish would probably not be mafia. 

This is between pages 5 and 10 at 50 posts per page. 

P.S.  Damn, the first day is almost half of the thread so far, and we're on Day SIX! 

*confidence.  I don't have CONFIDENCE in anyone alive being a townie.  Except me. 

I am the black sheep     "of course I'm crazy, but that doesn't mean I'm wrong."-Robert Anton Wilson

Around the Network

Mr. Kitten is running out of death scenarios.

I am the black sheep     "of course I'm crazy, but that doesn't mean I'm wrong."-Robert Anton Wilson

I think we should lynch Mr Kitten, he seems to be helping the mafia by leaving them alone with townies (and they were supposed to be locked in yet the mafia managed to escape? scummy from Mr Kitten!)

on a more serious note. Wonk being mafia is good for 2 things. first cause he's mafia, but second because in the event that stefl was too, we didn't lose a misslynch.

so yeah the town is 7 people, we have either 1 or 2 scum.

5vs 2 -> misslynch death makes it 3vs 2 tomorow.

6vs1 -> misslynch death makes it 4vs1 tomorow then misslynch death makes it 2vs1 the last day.

In both cases we have the option to be wrong one time at least, and tomorow there's a cop investigation.

Now I know many don't like the idea (besides Vet) but I ran the scenarios if we add a nolynch... we don't really gain anything as the cop only has one investigation left anyways. (unless we do only one misslynch and the rest no lynch with 1 mafia...so 4Vs1 tomorow and 2vs1 3 days from now... this assumes the cop stays alive and that everyone trusts him).

in any case, the odds of lynching the scum today are high and the cop investigation rate will be 20% tomorow.

Now please thread carefuly still because although we have a misslynch left, giving it away is really putting the town at risk.

I believe we're at 5vs2 based on the fact that there was a vigilante (and from the flavor he was unrestrained), so a 29% scum ratio seems more appropriate... though I would have believed it to be an SK, so as to balance the game... yet no night kill yet really don't point this way. (this actually lowers mys suspicions on Rad as this was the scenario I saw from him). In other words, I believe we should be carefull.

My suspicions don't run high I still don't understand the hype on homer besides just scumy, and the suspicion on stefl is natural since he's the only leading force of the town.... as far as others... I do find it a bit odd that trucks ended up voting MG on lurking and right after dtewi when he was so bent on homer since a few days (yet didn't vote on him that day), but MG was indeed mafia.... otherwise, vett has increased in activity, but that is also due to decreasing town numbers, and he tends to be quiet as scum, which he was early on, so it's blurry.... last FF, not much to notice really.

(i've had a busy end of week with indigestion then familly visiting and I have a busy day tomorow with the client christmass party @ work, so i'll be there tonight a bit, but pratically not there on monday, I appologize in advance... rest of week is good though).

OoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoO

Hey guys, just woke up to read that awesome death post for SAK xP I won't be here quite as often today, because it's my Dad's birthday, but I'll still attempt to respond to anything exciting that emerges :)

I hate to look like I'm jumping on a bandwagon, but to be honest I was one of the first to address my concerns: I'm fairly sure that of the remaining 7 players, Homer is the Mafia. I'm also pretty sure that there is only 1 Mafia remaining, because of the huge amount of "Town" players in this game (ie. vanilla townies). As long as we make the right choice today, I reckon that we've got the game in the bag :)

At this late point in the game, I reckon that there'll be a lot of suspicion against me for my fairly "scum-like" actions on day 1, but I'll try my best to answer the concerns, as always.

Click this button, you know you want to!  [Subscribe]

Watch me on YouTube!

http://www.youtube.com/user/TheRadishBros

~~~~ Mario Kart 8 drove far past my expectations! Never again will I doubt the wheels of a Monster Franchise! :0 ~~~~

I have to say that I really would like to lynch homer too... you know, scummy behavior is scummy... also he is lurking pretty much the last days...

so the town is pretty much for lynching homer today... or so it seems...

Hephaestos said:

My suspicions don't run high I still don't understand the hype on homer besides just scumy, and the suspicion on stefl is natural since he's the only leading force of the town.... as far as others... I do find it a bit odd that trucks ended up voting MG on lurking and right after dtewi when he was so bent on homer since a few days (yet didn't vote on him that day), but MG was indeed mafia.... otherwise, vett has increased in activity, but that is also due to decreasing town numbers, and he tends to be quiet as scum, which he was early on, so it's blurry.... last FF, not much to notice really.

A couple of days can change a lot, also yes I voted for MG base on lurking but also on the timing of his vote for radishhead which made it seem to me like a was waiting for a safe bangwagon.

I'm actually conflicted about Homer now because on Day One there was only me and Kantor voting for him and on subsequent days I pushed hard for his lynch yet I was not killed. This has me thinking that the Mafia views Homer as an asset because he draws attention away from them and that they can potentially mislynch him.

On the other hand, Homer has brought very little to the town, voted for shady reasons, managed to avoid talking about the GOW situation, he's been very evasive when questionned and has been pretty much lurking the last few days.

Signature goes here!