By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - L.A. Noire is more adventure game than sandbox game

Yeah I see what you guys are saying, but sometimes I feel as though Rockstar's (so far successful) attempts to diversify their business might come at the expense of some better games. Red Dead Redemption was awesome, but it still isn't the same sort of scope I've come to expect from GTA. L.A. Noire would certainly be on my most wanted list if it wasn't published by Rockstar, but I'm just hoping that it can actually offer an experience that I would prefer over GTA.

I know it will be awesome, though. I agree with earlier postings that open-world games often struggle to maintain the attention of gamers. This seems like a good move for Rockstar. And also, I've been wondering if this game is actually taking much away from other studios owned by Rockstar. Since Rockstar North, San Diego, etc. are responsible for different games, does this mean that they're working on Max Payne, Agent, and possibly GTA V all at the same time? I still have the image of Rockstar in my mind as a budding company. Maybe they're bigger than I thought.