By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Initial Kinect sales only bought by existing users?

Im not sure how this works, but it seems as if the adjustments of the overtracked Kinect sales of 200k didn't impact software or hardware? People of this site might not had the time to adjust those accordingly yet, but if the 360 jumped to 333k this week from 1.3m Kinects sold, id figure some adjustments on hardware aswell as software would be in order..

..or did no one else besides current 360 owners buy the thing?

Around the Network

Well I think YOY its less than 30k up , so hardly any boost from Kinect taking in account for the silm.

STEKSTAV said:

Im not sure how this works, but it seems as if the adjustments of the overtracked Kinect sales of 200k didn't impact software or hardware? People of this site might not had the time to adjust those accordingly yet, but if the 360 jumped to 333k this week from 1.3m Kinects sold, id figure some adjustments on hardware aswell as software would be in order..

Dude, get off your Kinect Attack Spree.  You've had a few embarrassing threads and posts already.

Just chill out, and let the guys do their work.

nightsurge said:
STEKSTAV said:

Dude, get off your Kinect Attack Spree.  You've had a few embarrassing threads and posts already.

How's so? They adjusted the numbers down by 200k, i ventured for a guess of 500k due to the fact i had sold as sold to retail, before Greenbergs announcement. So one might say i was kind of spot on. Same goes for this thread, strange how 200k kinect sales dosent influence hardware of software.

No need to be all sensitive.. im just talking numbers.

Well the numbers that are currently up are from the launch week of Kinect in the Americas. Since the first week of Kinect sales were adjusted up! (from 475k to 550k) then there would most likely be an increase in sales of the 333k that is up.(as well as software, since more Kinects would mean more software sales)

The 1.3 million figure hadn't been included in any sales numbers yet (they will be going up later this week), so there aren't really any adjustments to be made on those as they are obviously still not up yet.

starcraft: "I and every PS3 fanboy alive are waiting for Versus more than FFXIII.
Me since the games were revealed, the fanboys since E3."

Skeeuk: "playstation 3 is the ultimate in gaming acceleration"

Around the Network
smbu2000 said:

Well the numbers that are currently up are from the launch week of Kinect in the Americas. Since the first week of Kinect sales were adjusted up! (from 475k to 550k) then there would most likely be an increase in sales of the 333k that is up.(as well as software, since more Kinects would mean more software sales)

The 1.3 million figure hadn't been included in any sales numbers yet (they will be going up later this week), so there aren't really any adjustments to be made on those as they are obviously still not up yet.

Ofcourse.. good input. Thank you.

STEKSTAV said:
nightsurge said:
STEKSTAV said:

How's so? They adjusted the numbers down by 200k, i ventured for a guess of 500k due to the fact i had sold as sold to retail, before Greenbergs announcement. So one might say i was kind of spot on. Same goes for this thread, strange how 200k kinect sales dosent influence hardware of software.

No need to be all sensitive.. im just talking numbers.

Lol, I'm not being sensitive at all.  In fact I was merely trying to save you from more embarrasment and from being wrong again.

I don't think anyone can call you "spot on" if you are completely wrong...  Just saying!

LOL!!!

And that's why I said instead of blowing up about things not being instantly changed you should chill out and give it a day for them to finish adjusting  or for the new data to come out rather than making a billion threads about these things.

Not to mention, your conclusion that "only curent users are buying it" has absolutely no basis at all.  The hardware was bumped.  In UK the console sales doubled, same with Americas.  Even if the ~200k kinects are gone, that's not going to evaporate the hardware boost alone!  That would be spread about the entirety of standalone and bundle sales.  Hardware boost remains.  Maybe not quite as big, but still significant.

There.  Now we can end this thread.