By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Pc gamers hate Halo!! Its not as good as the others! Yeah,,, right!

I think that list is highly flawed at best.

CSS still has the most money from tourneys.. but I'd take xfire's stats over neilson's anyday.

Was halo even a big seller on the pc?

Around the Network
Zucas said:
Halo, compared to most PC shooters, is "under developed" haha. It only gets so much hype and respect is because its the best really the consoles have. But compared to most PC shooters, online shooters mostly, it's not the best.

Well said Zucas 

Saiyar said:
Is that the original counter strike at number 6?

Well CSS is at number 10 so it only leaves the original one.

eugene said:
This is actually a response to all those "Halo Sux!!" "Pc fps games are miles better than Halo" blah blah blah.

It will NEVER be justified in the eyes of those not willing to see it. It's kind of funny, every time a Halo argument comes up there's about 9 million reasons why it sucks, and none that support it. Honestly if Halo's that great why do so many people apparently hate it? As far as I know Counterstrike, Half Life, and Battlefield are all HIGHLY recommended games which no one talks shit about. Coincidence? NO. STOP DILUTING YOURSELF, PLAY GOOD GAMES DAMNIT >< Maybe one day you really will see that Halo is the definition of BASIC, it's the reason it's accessible to so many people, NOT because it's good. Please don't confuse the two.

From 0 to KICKASS in .stupid seconds.

Halo 1, 2 and 3 suck. They are horrible games. As long as you keep making topics about how Halo is your God then expect people to counter them.

Around the Network
Auron said:
Halo 1, 2 and 3 suck. They are horrible games. As long as you keep making topics about how Halo is your God then expect people to counter them.

There not horrible!!! They really aren't, there just EXTREMELY basic. What they do include they do right, just people have this awkward idea that it's multiplayer is the greatest thing since the dawn of time -_-

From 0 to KICKASS in .stupid seconds.

Nielson company has no valid measure of tracking play time for games, so they take surveys and then apply a multiplier. Basically survey tracking is about as accurate as Amazon.

The fact that they think the Xbox is more played than the Xbox 360 is laughable, and as a PC gamer looking at servers I can tell you that Starcraft still constantly has more people online than Halo. So does WC3. Halo servers are very low populated for an FPS, and sales data from Microsoft says it only sold a couple million units, which is far below many PC games like SC and WC3. I seriously doubt any of this data is accurate.

yep let me tell you how much better Halo is then Half Life.. oh wait.. Halo is a ripoff of Half-Life and it's multiplayer UT04.

Halo = average deal with it. Theres a reason why Halo 2 PC's average score is like 70%

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

And I'm sorry eugene but have you ever stopped to wonder why you've never met a PC gamer who thinks Halo is special? Did you ever wonder why the game ranks a 70% on PC while it's over 90% on the Xbox despite the PC version having more features? It's obviously not some hatred of it not being on our console since both Halo and Halo 2 are available on PC.

It's because they are simply years behind PC FPS games. We've been playing games like System Shock 2, Half-Life series, Unreal Tournament series, Quake series, etc. for years. A full decade before the release of Halo 2 PC FPSes were offering more complex gameplay and a better, much more fleshed out, online system. We STILL have a better online system through Steam for absolutely free along with a better digital distribution system than Xbox Live has.

In fact, Microsoft is now trying to encroach on us with their bullshit Windows Live crap that no one is buying because it's absolutely ridiculous to expect PC users to pay $50 a year for far less features than we get with Steam for free. Halo is a great CONSOLE FPS series, but it simply doesn't offer anything for PC gamers that we can't get better elsewhere. I think Halo 3 is a great shooter... for the 360.  Just like I think Metroid Prime Hunters is a great shooter for the Nintendo DS.  It's great for the platform it's on, but it's just not comparable to games on the PC. 

Neilson hasn't been doing this long enough for any of their numbers to mean anything. That list looks like someone just took a wild guesstimate. Seriously, GTA?