By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Pc gamers hate Halo!! Its not as good as the others! Yeah,,, right!

http://kotaku.com/gaming/best-of-2007/nielsen-ratings-show-wow-tops-pc-gaming-ps2-tops-consoles-332656.php

The Nielsen Company has issued its "Top Ten U.S. Lists for 2007," revealing its findings for top performers in television, movies, the internet, DVDs, music, books and, of course, video games. It should come as little surprise that the number one PC game played in the United States this year was Blizzard's World of Warcraft. Its users averaged over 17 hours of gameplay per week, according to Nielsen, which may help, in part, explain the consumption of $17.6 billion worth of carbonated soft drinks, a factoid also contained in the report.

The rest of the PC gaming genre's top performers are below, with video game console usage stats after the jump.

Top 10 PC Game Titles in the U.S.
Apr-Nov 2007

1. World of Warcraft
2. The Sims
3. RuneScape
4. Halo: Combat Evolved
4. Halo 2
6. Counter-Strike
7. The Sims 2
8. Madden NFL 07
9. Grand Theft Auto
10. Counter-Strike: Source

It's somewhat surprising to see both the original Xbox and GameCube still outperforming their successors, but I suspect those two older consoles won't hold their spots next year. A bit less surprising, however, to see the gap between those still using their PlayStation 2s versus those playing on a PlayStation 3.

Video Game Console Usage
Apr-Nov 2007

1. PlayStation 2 - 42.2 %
2. Xbox - 13.9 %
3. Xbox 360 - 11.8 %
4. GameCube - 7.1 %
5. Wii - 5.5 %
6. PlayStation 3 - 2.5 %
7. Other - 17.1 %

Oh great. I suppose we're in for a flood of comments from the Other fanboys now. They're the worst.

Around the Network

That seems a little inaccurate. Based on the number of users on battle.net at any given time I would assume Warcraft 3 and Starcraft would be up there. Also Madden NFL 07? You've got to be kidding me.

PC Gamer

This is actually a response to all those "Halo Sux!!" "Pc fps games are miles better than Halo" blah blah blah.

Is that the original counter strike at number 6?

Wow Dude. You are really passionate about the Halo franchise aint you!!

Nintendo & Sony Supporter

Currently own- DS, PSP, PS2, Wii, Xbox 360, PS3 DreamCast.

Man i have too many consoles..... 

Quotes to live by!

"Life is either a daring adventure or nothing"- Helen Keller

"i am not discouraged, because every wrong attempt discarded is another step forward"-Thomas Edison

"Man is not the creature of circumstancesCircumstances are the creatures of men"

Around the Network

Im tired of hearing all the Halo hate thats not even justified.

I think thats the case of every major game, you will always get some haters, or small number of people who do not like it. I don't think you should take it too personally though.If it satisfied you as a gamer, then i think its done its job, I definately enjoyed it .

Nintendo & Sony Supporter

Currently own- DS, PSP, PS2, Wii, Xbox 360, PS3 DreamCast.

Man i have too many consoles..... 

Quotes to live by!

"Life is either a daring adventure or nothing"- Helen Keller

"i am not discouraged, because every wrong attempt discarded is another step forward"-Thomas Edison

"Man is not the creature of circumstancesCircumstances are the creatures of men"

Halo, compared to most PC shooters, is "under developed" haha. It only gets so much hype and respect is because its the best really the consoles have. But compared to most PC shooters, online shooters mostly, it's not the best.

Wow....fanboy much? Why does someone else's opinion of a game matter even one iota to you?
Halo is okay...but it's kind of meh. I have more fun playing different games.

Halo 2 for the PC is a really sorry game - it's one of the worst ports I've ever played (and, sadly, I paid for it)

very weird list... o_O

the words above were backed by NUCLEAR WEAPONS!