By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Fable 3 vs. Fable 2 sales here!

I want a Fable 2-style Fable 4.

GOTY Contestants this year: Dead Space 2, Dark Souls, Tales of Graces f. Everything else can suck it.

Around the Network
Shadowblind said:

I want a Fable 2-style Fable 4.

fable 4 with fable 2 style health, more weapons, more spells, and the sanctuary is a total win! and of course more/larger areas to explore

I dont know why many reviewers/fans moaned about the sanctuary, I thought it was a great and innovative idea, especially when

**SPOILER**

When you had to go to Aurora and do the introductionary quest.

Although I liked the game, I thought the ending could have been better, the halfway point - the taking of power in particular, was just not as spectacular as I thought as the number of characters on screen was very limited.

Disconnect and self destruct, one bullet a time.

Practically the same sales... Not very good, they were expecting a much bigger increase.

NotStan said:

I think it's tracking about ~250k above Fable 2 atm, but I am not sure when Fable 2 was released, so can't tell whether it had the similar holiday boost that Fable 3 is experiencing at the present. And I put in about ~27 hours, to get 70% of the achievements :D, when I get the chance I'll do a second play through and try to get most if not all of the achievements.

I think FABLE II was Release one week before FABLE III if you align the launches

Around the Network
FireBringer said:

Practically the same sales... Not very good, they were expecting a much bigger increase.

Considering how Fable 3 was in relation to Fable 2, I think they should consider themselves lucky.

Fable 3 had lots of good ideas that just weren't done well enough. If MS gives Lionhead more time with Fable 4, I think it'll be the best of them all though. As it stands now I see Fable 2 >>> Fable > Fable 3.

GOTY Contestants this year: Dead Space 2, Dark Souls, Tales of Graces f. Everything else can suck it.

Shadowblind said:
FireBringer said:

Considering how Fable 3 was in relation to Fable 2, I think they should consider themselves lucky.

Fable 3 had lots of good ideas that just weren't done well enough. If MS gives Lionhead more time with Fable 4, I think it'll be the best of them all though. As it stands now I see Fable 2 >>> Fable > Fable 3.

i think fable 3>>>fable 2
never plated fable 1

i just dont like the health thing in fable 3. but the story and gameplay is a lot better

toastboy44562 said:
Shadowblind said:
FireBringer said:

i think fable 3>>>fable 2
never plated fable 1

i just dont like the health thing in fable 3. but the story and gameplay is a lot better

To each his own, but I'll still give my 2 cents on it.

First off, and probably most important to me personally . . . they took waaaay too much of Fable 2's amazing fairy tale color and look away from the game. I loved how bright and glowing Fable 2 looked, and Fable 3 in comparison just looked too . . . normal.

The story in Fable 3 was great but it's execution wasn't. Cut-scenes lacked emotion, scale, and characterization. By the end of the game half the main characters could have died and I wouldn't have cared. Your character talks probably 15 times throughout the whole game, and the possible romance with Elise/Elliot is seriously lacking in any sense of emotional attachment. Cut scenes feel rushed and don't have enough dialogue. I certainly don't want MGS4's painfully long cut-scenes, but I wouldn't mind them being longer, developing the characters more.

Unlike Fable 2, there really wasn't anything interesting about the new spells. In Fable 2, you could make chains of at least five different spells-- I'd always stop time, raise dead, stop time with level 3, and then create a level 5 lightning that would obliterate everything. You just can't combo like that in Fable 3 with spells when you can only mix, at best, two spells at once. I also found the animations for spells to be less then impressive.

Melee combat has never really been particularly impressive, but I found flourishes less interesting. That said, I barely ever used melee in either games. But only having two distinct types of weapons-- sword and hammer-- got rid of my neurotic desire to try out tons of different weapon types and my desire to hoard great varieties of items.

Gun combat is about the same.

I'll go on if you want, but . . . at least being king was kind of cool. Not a bad game at all- just not as good as Fable 2 and tons of missed opportunities, imo.

Shadowblind said:
FireBringer said:

Hmm imo, it's relatively close between Fable 2 and 3 as I was equally hyped for both x), for me it stands like this;

Fable 1 >>> Fable 3 = Fable 2

Health system could be improved, also do your children grow? I was so busy doing the story I forgot to have a family and attain 40 STD's like in Fable 2, I even had 3 families in Fable 2

Disconnect and self destruct, one bullet a time.

NotStan said:
Shadowblind said:
FireBringer said:

Hmm imo, it's relatively close between Fable 2 and 3 as I was equally hyped for both x), for me it stands like this;

Fable 1 >>> Fable 3 = Fable 2

Health system could be improved, also do your children grow? I was so busy doing the story I forgot to have a family and attain 40 STD's like in Fable 2, I even had 3 families in Fable 2

I have to be honest, I didn't play the original Fable until this gen. I kinda hated the original Xbox, though it was just immaturity because I thought that Zelda was t3h sh1tz :P I can't really have an equal opinion with the first Fable.

I don't think your children grow, but I could be wrong. I never had any in any Fable.