By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Kinect hacked!

Mr.Metralha said:
Kynes said:

Marcan is a very intelligent person. First the Wii, now Kinect... I don't know why he isn't hired yet.

Because he's reverse engineering what Wii and Kinect developers already know I guess.

You don't hire this guy only because of this, but this shows what he can do. It's like the Jhonny Lee headtracking videos.

Around the Network

Here are two more videos, both pretty interesting.

What I really wan't to see him do is buy a second kinect and position it opposite the first one to get a full 3d view of an area that can be rotated and viewed from any angle. Although integrating the data from two kinects into one output might be a little difficult.

The definitive evidence that video games turn people into mass murderers

woaw, that last couple of videos made me wonder about a scenario where multiple cameras are used to capture all sides of an object, then being able to freely rotate around in 3d space.

... its kind of like the NFL football game replays they have in full 3d space now, this could have really interesting gaming applications if ever utilized properly.

̶3̶R̶D̶   2ND! Place has never been so sweet.

So I've updated the OP and I highly recommend watching the new videos as they are pretty impressive. Also here's a cool video I found. I'm sure most of you can see the awesome applications that can come from this

Maybe I should have posted this in the PC section, I don't think many 360 gamers are interested in complicated hacking techniques