By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Poppy-burning Muslims interrupt the 2 minutes of silence in the UK

ProdigyBam said:

Youre a joke, youre the kind of muslim who always say muslims arent allowed to do such things blabla *quoting a peaceful mekkan verse* and hoping that taqqya does work, but i read the quran, informed myself about the life of muhammad and know everything about the islamic expansion and for example the wars fought by the ottoman empire, you cant fool me.

And you cant fool me about christianity either, if christians do something bad its not the fault of christianity, which teaches the complete opposite.

But when muslims kill christians in arabic countries and abuse christian women in war its perfectly in line with what is written in the quran.

Try harder.

@superchunk

Man, did you just start this thread just to bash on muslims? 

The very fact you read the Quaran doesnt mean shit. It doesnt mean you know everything there is to know about the religion.  Just look at how many KKK members take the bible, which they read fron to back

out of proportion.  Does that mean they know everything just cause they read the whole bible?

What you say about the Ottoman empire and such is true.  And I agree that burning a poppy on Remembrance Day is a bitch move on these few peoples part

but just like all the crazy christians in the world dont represent the entire christian population, crazy muslims dont represent all muslims in the world

whats your vendetta? What are you trying to prove by hating or at the very least translating negative energy about a certain group of people?

No one in the world is perfect, no one person in some religion is perfect, no religion is perfect.  People are just stupid sometimes, and I can tell you

I have seen some crazy christians too, with all that Quaran burning.  Fire feeds fire and all this negative shit doesnt help anyone. 

Great, some muslims burned poppys but thats horrible cause the British Empire never pilaged any lands? The Brits never did any wrong? Yet its easy to blame 

muslims because in the public eye they are "bad guys". I know some great muslim people, and guess what, just because they are muslim and some of my other friends

are christian, doesnt mean shit. It doesnt make them "above" or better than others simply because they have a certain set of beliefs.  The universe is 

greater than just humanity, and what ever higher power people believe in simply exists mending the fabric or everything together. I've flown in airplanes

man, I have not seen any people with wings floating around. All this "I belong to this religion therefore im better than you!" is complete bullshit.

Why cant people realize nothing is painted in one simple generalization? These guys were idiots, simple. But how does that extend to the entire islamic population? 

I see people eat pork or beef or whatever all the time, but that is somehow wrong to slaughter hundreds of millions of animals a year while on the 

television there are "save a dog" foundations?? Oh right. I guess they leave out the part how that "bacon" is more genetically related to YOU than a dog is.

My point is that you posting all this shit and acting like you know it all cause you read a religious book is stupid. What is it with smart people

wasting their time trying to "prove" people wrong? 

Whats your beef? 

Why bring up some shit and then diss them? Im not singling them out simple because they're muslim, but rather pointing out that there are so many levels

this type of thikning happens on that you stop it at religion, but dont even want to consider other humans...palestinians getting killed, israelis getting killed, 

africans, indians, chinese starving of death...statistically a child dies every 3 seconds of starvation.  How long did it take you to read this text?

Why blast people one a VIDEO game website? Just to collectively hate on them? What about all the animals that get slaughtered no one even stops to think about 

because you're not the one looking in its eyes when you do it? 

You're feeding into the media AND your own prejudice when you only see the bad in a certain group of people. Rise above that.

Really thats all I can say because you're probably preparing your "heated response" to prove something I said wrong blah blah blah

Doesnt change the fact that you shouldnt generalize people like that.  The worst thing about religion is this stupid ass boundary it paints on people. 

Thats all I have to say. 

Around the Network

I just wikied Weiße Rose.... intellectual and non-violent protest against Nazi Germany? And you're comparing them to the EDL??

Wow.

@roccerfeller

Just ignore him. I had a long rant with him before proving his beliefs about Islam were wrong and in reality the same twisted logic extremists use to get others to do various criminal acts. But, he is illogical and will only believe what he wants.

My post above was just to demonstrate that many people have crazies that do lawful, yet horrid protests regardless of religious backgrounds.

roccerfeller said:
ProdigyBam said:

Youre a joke, youre the kind of muslim who always say muslims arent allowed to do such things blabla *quoting a peaceful mekkan verse* and hoping that taqqya does work, but i read the quran, informed myself about the life of muhammad and know everything about the islamic expansion and for example the wars fought by the ottoman empire, you cant fool me.

And you cant fool me about christianity either, if christians do something bad its not the fault of christianity, which teaches the complete opposite.

But when muslims kill christians in arabic countries and abuse christian women in war its perfectly in line with what is written in the quran.

Try harder.

@superchunk

Man, did you just start this thread just to bash on muslims? 

The very fact you read the Quaran doesnt mean shit. It doesnt mean you know everything there is to know about the religion.  Just look at how many KKK members take the bible, which they read fron to back

out of proportion.  Does that mean they know everything just cause they read the whole bible?

What you say about the Ottoman empire and such is true.  And I agree that burning a poppy on Remembrance Day is a bitch move on these few peoples part

but just like all the crazy christians in the world dont represent the entire christian population, crazy muslims dont represent all muslims in the world

whats your vendetta? What are you trying to prove by hating or at the very least translating negative energy about a certain group of people?

No one in the world is perfect, no one person in some religion is perfect, no religion is perfect.  People are just stupid sometimes, and I can tell you

I have seen some crazy christians too, with all that Quaran burning.  Fire feeds fire and all this negative shit doesnt help anyone. 

Great, some muslims burned poppys but thats horrible cause the British Empire never pilaged any lands? The Brits never did any wrong? Yet its easy to blame 

muslims because in the public eye they are "bad guys". I know some great muslim people, and guess what, just because they are muslim and some of my other friends

are christian, doesnt mean shit. It doesnt make them "above" or better than others simply because they have a certain set of beliefs.  The universe is 

greater than just humanity, and what ever higher power people believe in simply exists mending the fabric or everything together. I've flown in airplanes

man, I have not seen any people with wings floating around. All this "I belong to this religion therefore im better than you!" is complete bullshit.

Why cant people realize nothing is painted in one simple generalization? These guys were idiots, simple. But how does that extend to the entire islamic population? 

I see people eat pork or beef or whatever all the time, but that is somehow wrong to slaughter hundreds of millions of animals a year while on the 

television there are "save a dog" foundations?? Oh right. I guess they leave out the part how that "bacon" is more genetically related to YOU than a dog is.

My point is that you posting all this shit and acting like you know it all cause you read a religious book is stupid. What is it with smart people

wasting their time trying to "prove" people wrong? 

Whats your beef? 

Why bring up some shit and then diss them? Im not singling them out simple because they're muslim, but rather pointing out that there are so many levels

this type of thikning happens on that you stop it at religion, but dont even want to consider other humans...palestinians getting killed, israelis getting killed, 

africans, indians, chinese starving of death...statistically a child dies every 3 seconds of starvation.  How long did it take you to read this text?

Why blast people one a VIDEO game website? Just to collectively hate on them? What about all the animals that get slaughtered no one even stops to think about 

because you're not the one looking in its eyes when you do it? 

You're feeding into the media AND your own prejudice when you only see the bad in a certain group of people. Rise above that.

Really thats all I can say because you're probably preparing your "heated response" to prove something I said wrong blah blah blah

Doesnt change the fact that you shouldnt generalize people like that.  The worst thing about religion is this stupid ass boundary it paints on people. 

Thats all I have to say. 

Like i said before, my problem are not the people but the ideology islam.

It IS violent and aggressive against non-believes and women.

I dont generalize all muslims but muslim who follow the quran should stay in their own countries.

And the past had showed that when a country has many muslims there will be war against the "non believers" sooner or later, thats what im afraid of. Besides many muslims in europe are causing trouble right now, altough they are a minority.

Which country are you from? If youre from america, you cant say much about it, i mean, i see it every day, i live in munich.

And i have many muslim friends also, my grandfather was a muslim before he converted to christianity.

Yeah, i know there are other things in the world that are bad too, but they arent religious, you can stop nazis because they followed a MAN but if muslims are taught to kill and they believe their "god" thinks so, you cant just stop them, you have to keep these people out of our secular, democracy nations. (only the militant muslims, the normal muslims who work, respect the nation they live in and follow the laws can stay of course)

In Germany we call people like you "Gutmenschen" that means something like goodhumans, because your views are right and the only thing you want is peace (just like me btw) BUT the ways you want to archieve that peace are just wrong.

Youll understand what i said 20 years from now on maximum IF the world wont change.

Fedor Emelianenko - Greatest Fighter and most humble man to ever walk the earth:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lVVrNOQtlzY

This is obviously because of Israel, no doubt!

Bet with Dr.A.Peter.Nintendo that Super Mario Galaxy 2 won't sell 15 million copies up to six months after it's release, the winner will get Avatar control for a week and signature control for a month.

Around the Network
RageBot said:

This is obviously because of Israel, no doubt!

n1 sacrasm ;)

Fedor Emelianenko - Greatest Fighter and most humble man to ever walk the earth:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lVVrNOQtlzY

superchunk said:

http://www.cbn.com/cbnnews/us/2010/October/High-Court-to-Hear-Military-Funeral-Protest-Case/

When will the western world finally wake up, are 1400 2000 years of history and various quran bible quotes not enough for you to see what they really are going to do, if they are in the mayority majority?
This world is so absurd... it makes me sad

I certainly think creating legislation and laws based on shielding a person from an emotional response and stifling points of views that evoke such a response is absurd. But that doesn't stop this example being a stupid pr move by the protestors in the UK. People are allowed to be upset about it, tell the protesters they're upset, debate the point with them etc but thats as far as it should go in my mind.

superchunk said:

@roccerfeller

Just ignore him. I had a long rant with him before proving his beliefs about Islam were wrong and in reality the same twisted logic extremists use to get others to do various criminal acts. But, he is illogical and will only believe what he wants.

My post above was just to demonstrate that many people have crazies that do lawful, yet horrid protests regardless of religious backgrounds.

The fact that there extremists in each side is obvious, the difference that the OP talks about is the reaction of the large groups from whic these extremists come.

Can you show me backlash from Muslim sources regarding said incident? You've already given us the backlash to what the christian extremists did.

Bet with Dr.A.Peter.Nintendo that Super Mario Galaxy 2 won't sell 15 million copies up to six months after it's release, the winner will get Avatar control for a week and signature control for a month.

FaRmLaNd said:
superchunk said:

http://www.cbn.com/cbnnews/us/2010/October/High-Court-to-Hear-Military-Funeral-Protest-Case/

When will the western world finally wake up, are 1400 2000 years of history and various quran bible quotes not enough for you to see what they really are going to do, if they are in the mayority majority?
This world is so absurd... it makes me sad

I certainly think creating legislation and laws based on shielding a person from an emotional response and stifling points of views that evoke such a response is absurd. But that doesn't stop this example being a stupid pr move by the protestors in the UK. People are allowed to be upset about it, tell the protesters they're upset, debate the point with them etc but thats as far as it should go in my mind.

Agreed. Both the OP and my link are examples of protesters just being assholes. People should have respect for others while they protest.

RageBot said:
superchunk said:

@roccerfeller

The fact that there extremists in each side is obvious, the difference that the OP talks about is the reaction of the large groups from whic these extremists come.

Can you show me backlash from Muslim sources regarding said incident? You've already given us the backlash to what the christian extremists did.

That's part of the problem.

Too often we have these highly vocal people within Islam and like the OP outside of Islam very happily pushing the idea that Islam teaches violence commanded as an action towards nonMuslims and that actions like these are the only true response.

Combine that with who's actually in control in Muslim lands and what will happen to those who would speak out against these actions and you have a self-fullfilling cycle of hatred and ignorance.

Thankfully I live in the US and as Muslim I can come out and say how wrong these actions are OR how wrong suicide bombing is and that they will go to hell for their actions. This can all happen without fear of being targeted by those who simply want exteamist views to thrive and remain in power.

What you ask for simply can't happen today. Just like it took the deaths of many during the Dark Ages who spoke out against Christianities ignorance and killings, it will take the same now for Islam. Unfortunately, people like the OP are too wrapped up in their ignorance to see the similarities and acknowldege that its better to try to teach full/real version of the Qur'an instead of cherry picking the 10% that when looked out out of context provides support for violent and evil behaviour.

I've considered many times writing a book on Islam's history and full look into the Prophet and the Qur'an. Yet I haven't as I'm afraid some idiot in the Middle East would ignorantly proclaim I'm a heretic and want my head. When in reality he is the one bastardizing the word of God.