By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Official Nintendo Magazine UK confirms 3DS launch date Europe and Americas

MrT-Tar said:
Cheebee said:

Yes, but it's been Photoshopped. In the OP, the scan of the article says 'March 11 2011', while in fact it's only 'March 2011'. Someone made up that it would lauch the 11th.

Still nice to find out it's definitely coming in March, though.

From experience ONM's 'release dates' are generally estimates if an actual date has not been detailed.

Most of the time they are pretty spot on, but not always.  For example, they quite famously put the release date for Fatal Frame IV as February 2009 in one of their previews for the game.  I also remember them putting down Summer 2010 for Tales of Graces.

They probably just did an informed guess for the 3DS' release date.  The Japanese release is in February and didn't someone from Nintendo say they wanted it released in all regions by the end of Q1 2011?  They probably made up the date using that info.

Shhh! Begone, you evil naysayer!

Nintendo Network ID: Cheebee   3DS Code: 2320 - 6113 - 9046

Around the Network

soemone uses way too much photoshop..........

(I bet it was miz )

Actually when I saw the title saying ONM I automatically knew it wasn't going to be real, even if it had actually been in ONM. Why would I say such a thing about ONM?

Well ONM famously said that Mother3 was coming to GBA, it also later on listed ExciteTruck2 even though no such game ever existed. This is the first and biggest reason I would not listen to an ONM launch date. But its not the only reason, just like I would take Nintendo Power with a grain of salt. ONM and now NP are runned and written/edited/published by Future Publishing and not published or written by staff at Nintendo. As such Future is interested in what will sell the magazine not nescessarily what is fact and even when they are interested in facts Nintendo themselves is unlikely to reveal such big information exclusively to them. If a real launch date announcement was made it would be made publically and announced in various publications both on and offline ONM would never get the exclusive rights to it.

So not expecting anything I wasn't really dissapointed. Though I wonder which nut job would photoshop a document like this and release it knowing full well it would ruin his credibility. I would never fake something because once you've done it once who's going to listen to you again? Also who would waste their time knowing that everyone else is privied to the same information and within minutes a reader is going to check their copy and see its been photoshoped. Heck most just have to look at it to notice its fake.

What a waste of time and reputation.

-JC7

"In God We Trust - In Games We Play " - Joel Reimer