By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Can you remember a Wii review score that was changed..?

This is really doing my head in!!! Can any of you remember a reviewer of a Wii game completely misunderstanding either the control scheme or the gameplay of a Wii review and giving it a low score as a result...and the developer or publisher informing them that they'd cocked up and asked them to look at the game again once they were enlightened..?

I'm pretty sure it was a Wii game, and I think the reviewer may have been from IGN but I can't for the life of me remember. Thanks in advance for any help, ta!

Around the Network

IGN gave Mario Strikers a few more points when the online servers got decent.

Apart of that I remember LAIR for PS3 being shipped with a reviewers guide to help reviewer understand better how the game sucks.

Don't quote me on it but I believe Eurogamer changed their review for Grand Slam Tennis.

VGChartz

I do remember for 1 game...but the change was made not for problems with the controler, but for problems with the camera.

http://www.gamespot.com/wii/action/princeofpersiatheforgottensandswii/review.html

if you read it at the end it says:

Editor's Note: The preceding review replaces the Prince of Persia: The Forgotten Sands review that was originally posted on GameSpot, which--as detailed in our reviews blog--contained erroneous information about the game's camera. GameSpot regrets the error.

It went up from 6.5 to 7.5

milkyjoe said:

Don't quote me on it but I believe Eurogamer changed their review for Grand Slam Tennis.

Yes! That was what I was going to say.

Around the Network
milkyjoe said:

Brilliant, thanks for that...you've saved me at some point being drifting off to sleep in the middle of the night and the answer popping up in my head and waking me up 100% the way these things do! Really annoying when that happens lol. Ta!