By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Unreal Tournament III will do better on PS3 than on PC...

People kept saying how much of a PC game UT is, but weeks after release, word is getting out that there are very few people playing the game. It looks like Midway have a magical ability to fuck up everything inluding UT III, despite it being from the studio that had huge success recently with Gears... Zero ads, game bombs, even though it's a previously very popular franchise. It's almost guaranteed now that it will do better on the PS3 if these server numbers are to be believed. This doesn't mean that the game will not also undersell on the PS3 thanks to zero marketing from Midway and Sony. If Sony had spent some dollars putting the crazy footage for UTIII on TVs they would surely get a lot of buyers, but they failed in this respect again. The graphics and Gears of War association alone would have sold this game to many. I would even argue that this game would have sold some systems if it was marketed like Gears was last year. Beyond what this means for Sony (Wasted timed exclusive of big FPS)

Thanks to Blacksaber for the sig!

Around the Network

and Midway (3 Major bombs in one year that cost them a lot of $), what does this mean for Epic?

The studio built itself on the hugely successful UT series that now seems to have flopped. This makes the former PC-centric developer's biggest game a console shooter. Where do they go from here? Become more and more of a console developer?

Epic will advertise it.. they always advertise their game.. after a week or two after launch.

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

ssj12 said:
Epic will advertise it.. they always advertise their game.. after a week or two after launch.

Just saw an advert for it this evening.  Looked good and it was followed by one of the on Playstation screens.

Proud member of the Sonic Support Squad

So you're saying UTIII will be a slow success? Cause the majority of UT players have definitely not bought UTIII.

Around the Network

From what I understand it's simply not all that great of a game. Massive system requirements to play a game with incremental upgrades from UT 2004. Vast majority of review scores are 8s, with only a couple hitting 9, and nothing higher.

I too dont understand sony not marketing this game. Hell even if the gameplay sucked the graphics alone would sell it, especially if they added "made from the creators of gears of war." Its possible that alot of pc people are waiting for the ps3 version because they dont want to upgrade computers. Maybe theyre waiting for the 360 version. Or its possible that pc community has lost interest due to other high profile games competing with such as the orange box, crysis, gears of war pc...Its a shame that sony hasnt marketed this games, with as many xbox360 rockband commercials i see, you'd think sony would at least want to advertise an exclusive, for now at least.

smallflyingtaco said:
ssj12 said:

Just saw an advert for it this evening. Looked good and it was followed by one of the on Playstation screens.

Well then i retract my earlier statement about sony not advertising the game...though im to lazy to edit my previous post so just ignore it.

naznatips said:
From what I understand it's simply not all that great of a game. Massive system requirements to play a game with incremental upgrades from UT 2004. Vast majority of review scores are 8s, with only a couple hitting 9, and nothing higher.

Which makes the console versions an even more appealing option. Will Midway survive much longer? Stranglehold (30 million $ to make), UTIII and Blacksite all underselling. Between those 3 games, a lot of money lost.

Even if there are ads, they must be pretty few if I missed 'em.