By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Democrats are another Republican Party.

HappySqurriel said:

At this point in time, I think anyone who thinks that there is a dramatic difference between the Democrats and the Republicans on most issues (or in how they would govern) is very naive.

Now, Obama has disappointed a lot of progressive voters because they believed he was very progressive (and he may be) and he had every opportunity to do whatever he wanted but he failed to achieve a fraction of what they expected. The reason for this is simple, there are so many special interest groups with conflicting objectives that "own" most of the Democrats in government it is nearly impossible to get something meaningful passed; and this isn't any different from the Republicans, except that they have a different group of special interest groups with conflicting objective that "own" them.

True...   Democrats it's basically enviromentalists VS unionists VS gay rights VS african americans.

Unionists being anti envirmentalist, Enviromentalists being antibuissness, gay rights people... just wanting gay rights... and African Americans (and a lot of unionists) being anti-gay rights.  

Republicans is Buisness VS Evangelical VS Conservative VS Neo Conservatives.

Business and conservatives fight over immigartion, Neocons and conservatives fight over spending, Evangelicals... well just fighting vs everyone else because they're so extreme.

Around the Network

Obama promised hope and change in his rhetoric Presidential campaign  speeches. Obama is a good talker, one of the best public speakers I have even heard. He has fooled the American people. Very little has changed since the switch from George W. Bush to Barrack Obama. 

Unemployment in the US is around 10% and the troops are still in the Middle East. The war efforts are costing the US  economy $1 trillion every year, increasing the national debt and deficits. Obama has failed to change America and the world for the better.

All politicians are full of hot air and rhetoric. Nothing really changes, when you switch from Republican to Democrat. 

Qwintessence said:

@gregory:  I think that hes mad at the fact that president Obama has done the opposite of almost everything he said he would do in his campaign.

Can you give me some examples, if you don't mind me asking?

Election results make me :,(

Though at least we avoided Pat Toomey and Christine O'Donnel, but now we're going to have to endure John Boehner (though i bet political cartoonists and pundits are psyched about it, since it's easy to mispronounce his name in a fun way)

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Mr Khan said:

Though at least we avoided Pat Toomey and Christine O'Donnel, but now we're going to have to endure John Boehner (though i bet political cartoonists and pundits are psyched about it, since it's easy to mispronounce his name in a fun way)

I'm pretty sure the Pennsylvania race has been determined, but exit polls are showing a pat toomey win... at least that is what I'm seeing on google news

Around the Network
gergroy said:
Mr Khan said:

I'm pretty sure the Pennsylvania race has been determined, but exit polls are showing a pat toomey win... at least that is what I'm seeing on google news

I'm seeing Sestak with 53% of the vote myself via politico.

Kasz216 said:
gergroy said:
Mr Khan said:

CNN's got Sestak as well. Specter would've been a better sell in this environment, though.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Kasz216 said:
gergroy said:
Mr Khan said:

weird, cnn has 50% toomey 45% Sestak, either way I guess it is still too close to call, which was my point anyway, it hasn't been called yet.  

edit: or maybe that is a poll from last week, can't really tell, it was just under a headline that said toomey leads in exit polls, so I'm confused

gergroy said:
Kasz216 said:
gergroy said:
Mr Khan said:

weird, cnn has 50% toomey 45% Sestak, either way I guess it is still too close to call, which was my point anyway, it hasn't been called yet.  

edit: or maybe that is a poll from last week, can't really tell, it was just under a headline that said toomey leads in exit polls, so I'm confused

Probably just an old exit poll from earlier today. 

Hey stick?  Why do people hate Strickland anyway?  Never knew much about the guy, other then whenever i'd come back all the local bars had negative things about him.  Local bars in cleveland no less.