By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Kinect Sensor sold out at Amazon and Bestbuy

leo-j said:

of course it was to be expected... I mean the move is almost completely sold out (stand alone controller is completely sold out everywhere in the U.S)

Amazon.com - Move bundle and controller in stock

Newegg.com - Move bundle in stock

Gamestop - Move bundle and controller in stock on the website and in all the stores I searched for

Bestbuy - Move bundle and controller in stock on the website and in all the stores I searched for

Ok, those are the first 4 I searched and all of them have them in stock except Newegg which is showing Oct31st for the wand but the starter pack is in stock.  Where else exactly is it sold out?

Around the Network
leo-j said:

of course it was to be expected... I mean the move is almost completely sold out (stand alone controller is completely sold out everywhere in the U.S)

that is the most deluded fanboy garbage ive heard in a while. its selling well in europe but moves performance in america is a joke

daroamer said:
leo-j said:

Amazon.com - Move bundle and controller in stock

Newegg.com - Move bundle in stock

Gamestop - Move bundle and controller in stock on the website and in all the stores I searched for

Bestbuy - Move bundle and controller in stock on the website and in all the stores I searched for

Ok, those are the first 4 I searched and all of them have them in stock except Newegg which is showing Oct31st for the wand but the starter pack is in stock.  Where else exactly is it sold out?

I had a discussion about this already. People told me it is sold out EVERYWHERE in Germany (The country I am from) so I went out and took pictures. Didn't work. They still told me it was sold out, even though I saw it with my own eyes. Of course I was arguing with people who live 5000 miles away and know the situation in Germany much better than I did... Pointless.

When I posted the pictures I was called a "anti-gamer, anti-Sony Xbox 360 shrill".

They just WANT to think it is sold out everywhere. They really do. Let em think this way, you can't do anything against it.

Imagine not having GamePass on your console...

The move starter bundle was NEVER sold out anywhere (and the move specific games have sold like shit) but TBH all this is irrelevant in the big picture. The November and December NPDs will come (and we'll get numbers just like we did for September) and we'll see what effect kinect (and move) had on the xbox360 and ps3 hardware and software sales. It's really not worth arguing now, we'll have solid numbers that will help us evaluate the success of ....pretty much everything.

Around the Network
MonstaMack said:

You can't compare Move to Kinect. Kinect is more expensive for one...

That's interesting since many here claim Kinect is the cheaper option than Move.

It seems that leo-j post is getting more responses than the OP.

Smidlee said:
MonstaMack said:

You can't compare Move to Kinect. Kinect is more expensive for one...

That's interesting since many here claim Kinect is the cheaper option than Move.

It seems that leo-j post is getting more responses than the OP.

The Move bundle all together is $100, Kinect is $150.

Yes It's "Cheaper" with multiple players, but overall the Kinect is more expensive. Though in terms of hardware they are equal because the Move bundle and Kinect Elite Bundle are both $400 in the US.

Either way, myself and many others predicted epic fail at $150 price tag but this does not seem to be the case. However, this is just the holiday season and it's going to take months of sucessfull kinect placement as well as some real good games in the future, to be considered a overall success. Outside of Dance Central theres not much to come out in the way of critical claim. Hopefully that Steel Battalian game and Panzer Dragoon game under a different name are out in 2011 and not 2012.

It's just that simple.

johnglen said:

The move starter bundle was NEVER sold out anywhere (and the move specific games have sold like shit) but TBH all this is irrelevant in the big picture. The November and December NPDs will come (and we'll get numbers just like we did for September) and we'll see what effect kinect (and move) had on the xbox360 and ps3 hardware and software sales. It's really not worth arguing now, we'll have solid numbers that will help us evaluate the success of ....pretty much everything.

I thought NPD will no longer publicly report its data on videogame hardware and software sales.

leo-j said:

ROFL... Yah right...

Dude I know you are a Sony fanboy but come on; this is a huge statement...

richardhutnik said:
nightsurge said:

Wow, 1 reply and someone has already brought Move into this.

*looks at poster*  Oh, not surprising.

In this case, why is it a problem?  Move is a solid point of reference to discuss Kinect next to.  If Move is selling well, and Kinect is selling out, that means Microsoft and Sony were right that people want motion control and high def.  The issue here is whether or not the comment about Move selling well is correct or not.

everytime someone says the words: Microsoft, Nintendo, X360, Wii, Kinect, or any other related words in a Sony thread leo-j reports them.

now, generally I agree with you that we can use examples from other systems, but in this case I would say it is a problem of double standards. Also, it officially derailed the thread in a single post

If you drop a PS3 right on top of a Wii, it would definitely defeat it. Not so sure about the Xbox360. - mancandy
In the past we played games. In the future we watch games. - Forest-Spirit
11/03/09 Desposit: Mod Bribery (RolStoppable)  vg$ 500.00
06/03/09 Purchase: Moderator Privilege  vg$ -50,000.00

Nordlead Jr. Photo/Video Gallery!!! (Video Added 4/19/10)