By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - X360 Red Ring - yet still works - and other bugs

For all X360 owners:

My XBox has Red Rings sometimes (maybe 3x in the last 6 months), not often, very seldom.

However, I usually just shut down the unit and turn it back on - and it works perfectly fine.

Other issues:

When I turn on my X360, it doesn't register - ie. nothing comes out.  I just turn it off, and just turn it on again - and it would work fine.

Anybody have the same problems?  Does this mean I got the RROD?

Around the Network

More than likely. I say call it in.

I would call 1-800-4MY-XBOX to send it in for repair.

Those are truly symptons of a coming RRoD.

3 lights or 4?

I am not sure. Maybe 3? Max is 4 right?

I haven't seen it in a long time.

Around the Network

arnt u supposed to get the 3 red lights if ur xbox overheats, mine did that and turned it self of and worked fine maybe that fail safe switch is working on mine ???

bumidan said:

For all X360 owners:

My XBox has Red Rings sometimes (maybe 3x in the last 6 months), not often, very seldom.

However, I usually just shut down the unit and turn it back on - and it works perfectly fine.

Same story with me. I've had my 360 since June of 2006 and i've had the Red Rings 4 times since i've had the 360 - i just unplugged it and turned it back on and it worked fine.

The Philidelphia was not an accident. It was a merciful bullet to the head of a malignant ideology. It was the death of fear and the birth of hope. Rejoice, children of Nod, the blood of your oppressors will flow and fifty years of tyranny will finally end. Transformation is coming. A new day will dawn. The future... is ours

OK. Mine never did turn off. It was when I turned it on that I got the Red Lights, if I recall correctly.

But everything seems to be working fine. If not I'll get another one and get the other one repaired - so our house will have 2 XBox.

Also, FYI, in Canada, as in my other thread, there was a sale in Rogers Video (I'm not sure if it applies to all stores) but the one I went to had the Pro (20GB) as a manager's special for C$299.99.

$399.99 less $100.

So that is a good deal, though they were sold out. I never tried to find out about other locations though. Maybe it's just for that location.