By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - 360 to rule the Summer - PS3 AAA's not out till Sept!

"Heavenly Sword, Lair, WarHawk (which they have pegged as a PSN game only), Killzone and Ratchet & Clank: Tools of Destruction will all be released in September."

http://www.gamingtarget.com/article.php?artid=6773

Now I would take this with a grain of salt, there's no way all those titles are coming out in the same months, most likely a maximum of two AAA titles will come out in the same month.

So PS3 users are most likely looking at a September to November releases dates.

Proud Member of GAIBoWS (Gamers Against Irrational Bans of Weezy & Squilliam)

Around the Network

September will be good for PS3...

what makes you think 360 will rule the summer though?

wii_are_better_than_ said:

Mass Effect, Shadow Run, Forza

3 big exclusives all over the summer months

Leo-j said: If a dvd for a pc game holds what? Crysis at 3000p or something, why in the world cant a blu-ray disc do the same?

ssj12 said: Player specific decoders are nothing more than specialized GPUs. Gran Turismo is the trust driving simulator of them all. 

"Why do they call it the xbox 360? Because when you see it, you'll turn 360 degrees and walk away" 

Thats in Europe....

" Sony Europe's "semi-official" blog ThreeSpeech has posted an interesting rundown of 2007 releases for the PS3.

[...]

Fall. Only one, Lair, has been given an official release date by Sony America. SCEA says it'll be coming in July, so a September release date for Europe seems about right. Killzone has yet to make a public appearance since it's infamous E3 2005 showing. "

sieanr said:

I don't think it's a stretch of the imagination to say that nintendo will continue their march of dominance for atleast the next  4 months (AKA the summer) regardless of what the 360 dishes out.

not to mention Wii has big titles too.

sorry to sound so biased, I just can't see the 360 stealing the Wii's thunder until Halo 3 comes out.

Around the Network
sieanr said:

I don't think it's a stretch of the imagination to say that nintendo will continue their march of dominance for atleast the next  4 months (AKA the summer) regardless of what the 360 dishes out.

not to mention Wii has big titles too.

sorry to sound so biased, I just can't see the 360 stealing the Wii's thunder until Halo 3 comes out.

I think he meant rule the summer in comparison to the PS3, or atleast rule in terms of quality.

Leo-j said: If a dvd for a pc game holds what? Crysis at 3000p or something, why in the world cant a blu-ray disc do the same?

ssj12 said: Player specific decoders are nothing more than specialized GPUs. Gran Turismo is the trust driving simulator of them all. 

"Why do they call it the xbox 360? Because when you see it, you'll turn 360 degrees and walk away" 

I noticed this about 4 days ago.

PSN ID: Kwaad

I fly this flag in victory!

Hyped but unproven new franchises like Mass Effect and Shadow Run aren't going to be more than minor hits. They may well do over 1 million units eventually, but they won't sell to a lot of new owners, and they don't have the appeal of a Gears of War. Forza 1 only did 1 million units on XBox.

The summer is Nintendo's. The 360's summer lineup are merely the types of games which kept sales steady for the XBox brand for the last 5 years, but nothing which will put it past Wii in any region.

Edit: Eh, we are in the "gaming" section, not "sales." I don't want to argue the "quality" of unreleased games, though.

"[Our former customers] are unable to find software which they WANT to play."
"The way to solve this problem lies in how to communicate what kind of games [they CAN play]."

Satoru Iwata, Nintendo President. Only slightly paraphrased.

dont care for one news is from europe.. second its not even official.

Erik Aston said:

Hyped but unproven new franchises like Mass Effect and Shadow Run aren't going to be more than minor hits. They may well do over 1 million units eventually, but they won't sell to a lot of new owners, and they don't have the appeal of a Gears of War. Forza 1 only did 1 million units on XBox.

The summer is Nintendo's. The 360's summer lineup are merely the types of games which kept sales steady for the XBox brand for the last 5 years, but nothing which will put it past Wii in any region.

Edit: Eh, we are in the "gaming" section, not "sales." I don't want to argue the "quality" of unreleased games, though.

Wait a sec. Gears of war WAS a hyped but unproven new franchise. I really expect Mass Effect to be big. System selling big. Haven't even heard of Shadow Run though.

And you're right on the Nintendo part.

I'm a mod, come to me if there's mod'n to do. 

Chrizum is the best thing to happen to the internet, Period.

Serves me right for challenging his sales predictions!

Bet with dsisister44: Red Steel 2 will sell 1 million within it's first 365 days of sales.