By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Really sad for no more heroes

http://kotaku.com/gaming/suda51/mini+skirt-or-not-no-more-customers-331771.php

Now, I think I might buy No More Heroes when it comes out in the US. 

Around the Network

A tragedy, but it's not just the Wii. Big games on all platforms seem to be underperforming in Japan these days. Not counting the DS of course, but even that is selling less than in the summer. ;__;

Parokki said:
A tragedy, but it's not just the Wii. Big games on all platforms seem to be underperforming in Japan these days. Not counting the DS of course, but even that is selling less than in the summer. ;__;

why is that? o.0

Destroyer_of_knights said:
Parokki said:

why is that? o.0

gaming market in Japan had been declining for years until the DS turned up. It brings in new gamers but this new wave of gamers aren't interested in No More Heroes. The old hardcore gamers are still in decline.

Add to this the recent economic troubles Japan has been having, and it's not a great time to be making games in Japan (unless your company is called Nintendo or Square Enix)

Help! I'm stuck in a forum signature!

this game really deserves to sell well,to bad anything thats not casual hasnt been performing well in japan

Around the Network

Hell if I know. All we can say for sure is that the Japanese gaming market has been acting weird lately, and defying our the predictions based on historical models. Lots of people have quick easy answers like the economy, or casual gamers, but I'm not convinced.

The games I like aren't selling, and the games I don't care for are selling, so for me this is a bad thing.

Here's an idea for Japanese companies: Start supporting the European market more. It's obviously much more valuable than the Japanese market these days.

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

Japan is changing rapid, and its really sad.

NJ5 said:
Here's an idea for Japanese companies: Start supporting the European market more. It's obviously much more valuable than the Japanese market these days.

yeah europe has become more valuable then japan

if it continues the Wii will still get these games but US will become top priority, hell UK may even get the games before Japan.

Those people that think they're perfect give a bad reputation to us who are... 

"With the DS, it's fair to say that Nintendo stepped out of the technical race and went for a feature differentiation with the touch screen, but I fear that it won't have a lasting impact beyond that of a gimmick - so the long-lasting appeal of the platform is at peril as a direct result of that." - Phil Harrison, Sony