By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - the lack of GT5 advertisment could be caused of GT5 deley again

They will...plus, does advertising do as much for a GT game as for a Call of Duty game?  I was under the assumption these games had massive legs, which means it is a lot more word of mouth than it is advertising.

Money can't buy happiness. Just video games, which make me happy.

Around the Network
Fame_Mcswagg said:

that delay is only exclusive to Russia I believe.... here is some marketing stuff from today exclusive content every tuesday on gamestop.

http://www.gamestop.com/gs/landing/granturismo5/default.aspx?utm_source=ign&utm_source=linkshare&utm_medium=affiliate&utm_campaign=deeplink&affID=77777&sourceID=je6NUbpObpQ-dIHEuJlAyQrzUkPuOtmtgg

wats this???

did this just start now?

Ping_ii said:
Fame_Mcswagg said:

that delay is only exclusive to Russia I believe.... here is some marketing stuff from today exclusive content every tuesday on gamestop.

http://www.gamestop.com/gs/landing/granturismo5/default.aspx?utm_source=ign&utm_source=linkshare&utm_medium=affiliate&utm_campaign=deeplink&affID=77777&sourceID=je6NUbpObpQ-dIHEuJlAyQrzUkPuOtmtgg

wats this???

did this just start now?

It should start today... just saw the posting but the content is still locked. should be open later though

I'm not martin luther king. I don't have a dream. I have a plan

Sell a man a fish you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish you just ruined a perfect business opportunity.

We didn't emerge out of the stone age because we ran out of stones. Its time to be proactive not reactive.

Fame_Mcswagg said:
Ping_ii said:
Fame_Mcswagg said:

wats this???

did this just start now?

It should start today... just saw the posting but the content is still locked. should be open later though

Should see a boost then next week pre order in AMERICA but still I dout this will boost it massively they need more than this to do that......

While I believe they will be trying to get a few casual gamers the game is for "core" gamers. the people that are really interested in it will know when it's coming out. I think it will sell itself.

Around the Network

Theirs some ad's in Japan.  

Who's the best Pac, Nas, and Big. Just leave it to that.

PLAYSTATION®3 is the future.....NOW.......B_E_L_I_E_V_E

Slaughterhouse Is The Sh*t  .... NOW ........ B_E_L_I_E_V_E

Some games shouldn't have advertising delays and this is one of them. Biggest and most important game ever for PS3, ads need to start now. MS wouldn't wait on Halo, EA didn't wait on Medal of Honor, why Sony why wait. 

This is total Sony logic

Sony exec 1: "Would you like to try out this awesome crack I have?"

Sony exec 2: "In a little bit, but right now we have to deal with this little preorder problem"

(Walks in)

Sony exec 3: "Did anyone see my pants around here?"

Sony exec 2: "..."

(Walks out)

Sony exec 2: "So people aren't buying in advanced..."

Sony exec 1: "Why don't we just delay it more? That's sure to increase awarness"

Sony exec 2: "How would that increase awarness?"

Sony exec 1: "Dude..."

Sony exec 2: "Oh fine, now let's see that crack!"

Probably how things would go down. But considering this is Russia, just throw in some bear training and we have reality.

I think sony will probably start advertising soon in the U.S. and Europe but ya I agree sony should really start now with only three weeks till launch 

I saw a Call of Duty ad today

thought it was strange so much ahead of release