By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - FFXIV Gamespot Review : HOLY CHOCOBOS!!!

O________________________________________________O;

I live for the burn...and the sting of pleasure...
I live for the sword, the steel, and the gun...

- Wasteland - The Mission.

Around the Network

Dupe thread

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=117395

(and I'll say again, this game totally deserves the score)

Final Fantasy XI is my favorite MMO ever. I would defend that game to death and go out of my way to try to get people to play. But sadly as XIV is now, I can't recommend it. It sucks. I would rather play it then games like WoW or Guild Wars.

The issues right now are far too impacting on the game. They got what they deserved.

Wagram said:

Final Fantasy XI is my favorite MMO ever. I would defend that game to death and go out of my way to try to get people to play. But sadly as XIV is now, I can't recommend it. It sucks. I would rather play it then games like WoW or Guild Wars.

The issues right now are far too impacting on the game. They got what they deserved.

Yeah, I love XI to death but I just couldn't motivate myself to even bother logging into XIV anymore.  This morning I actually told my LS I was quitting already and I might return for the PS3 release.  It sucked since my LS was my favorite part of XI.  ;_;

twesterm said:
Wagram said:

Yeah, I love XI to death but I just couldn't motivate myself to even bother logging into XIV anymore.  This morning I actually told my LS I was quitting already and I might return for the PS3 release.  It sucked since my LS was my favorite part of XI.  ;_;

I'm not playing anymore really. I'm going to stay subscribed and play more when issues are dealt with. But in it's current state, I have better things to do with my time.

Around the Network

well its a video review and i am too busy being speechless.

why did they release this? =[

I live for the burn...and the sting of pleasure...
I live for the sword, the steel, and the gun...

- Wasteland - The Mission.

Be ready for some MAJOR patching in the coming months.  Square-Enix just can't leave the game as is. 

Interface, game world, content, etc... There is just so much they need to fix and rethink.  I still play the game, but it IS tedious and the stupid 16 Levesquests (8 Regional Leves and 8 Local ones) per 36 hours is just incredibly ridiculous, you complete the whole of them in like an hour and a half and then what?  Wander around grinding slowly as hell or craft?  Talk about limited!  Hopefully, they will listen to the players' feedback and adjust accordingly.  If they don't then they will lose my and countless others' money.

Final Fantasy XI, while better crafted at first, still evolved quite a lot through patching and extentions, and the game certainly isn't quite the same as it was at first.  In the case of FF XIV, the amonth of things that need fixing is quite enormous compared to XI, but I will keep hoping they fix most of the issues.  The game does show some promises, if you manage to see under all the layers of design absurdity.

Finally, where the fuck are my summoners?

Hynad said:

Be ready for some MAJOR patching in the coming months.  Square-Enix just can't leave the game as is. 

Interface, game world, content, etc... There is just so much they need to fix and rethink.  I still play the game, but it IS tedious and the stupid 16 Levesquests (8 Regional Leves and 8 Local ones) per 36 hours is just incredibly ridiculous, you complete the whole of them in like an hour and a half and then what?  Wander around grinding slowly as hell or craft?  Talk about limited!  Hopefully, they will listen to the players' feedback and adjust accordingly.  If they don't then they will lose my and countless others' money.

Final Fantasy XI, while better crafted at first, still evolved quite a lot through patching and extentions, and the game certainly isn't quite the same as it was at first.  In the case of FF XIV, the amonth of things that need fixing is quite enormous compared to XI, but I will keep hoping they fix most of the issues.  The game does show some promises, if you manage to see under all the layers of design absurdity.

The game has so much potential that it's not funny. This game could have been THE one. But they messed it up big time. SE is too stubborn for their own good sometimes. I really do hope they fix it.

Wagram said:
Hynad said:

The game has so much potential that it's not funny. This game could have been THE one. But they messed it up big time. SE is too stubborn for their own good sometimes. I really do hope they fix it.

FFS, I upgraded my PC to be able to run it in 1080p with the settings at their max.  Sure, I will have a lot of other use for that kind of hardware other than FF XIV, but I sure hope they don't let me down.  At least, the game DOES give me some nice social gaming moments, with my Linkshell.

Oh, right.  The reason why S-E opted to put a dayly Levesquest limit is to make players party up with each others and complete Levesquests together.  You may have taken 8 Levesquests, but so do the other players you're playing with. So you end up being able to do a lot more quests by "partying up" with them.  The idea isn't bad in theory, especially considering that MMOs ARE supposed to be social experiences, I will give them that.  But the truth is that it makes the whole process just so damn tedious, just like the interface. ¬_¬

I'm sorry to you guys that have started a conversation but this is clearly a duplicate thread so please take your conversation here if you want to continue it:

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=117395