By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Underwater pryamids/cities give credence to Noah's Flood

There are over 300 cultures scattered throughout the world that have a worldwide flood story. Coincidence? I think not. "Hawaiians have a flood story that tells of a time when, long after the death of the first man, the world became a wicked, terrible place. Only one good man was left, and his name was Nu-u. He made a great canoe with a house on it and filled it with animals. In this story, the waters came up over all the earth and killed all the people; only Nu-u and his family were saved.

Another flood story is from China. It records that Fuhi, his wife, three sons, and three daughters escaped a great flood and were the only people alive on earth. After the great flood, they repopulated the world.

As the story of the Flood was verbally passed from one generation to the next, some aspects would have been lost or altered. And this is what has happened, as we can see from the chart. However, as seen in the given examples, each story shares remarkable similarities to the account of Noah in the Bible. This is true even in some of the details, such as the name Nu-u in the Hawaiian flood story. “Nu-u” is very similar to “Noah.”"

>>> Evidence of underwater cities throughout the world http://www.s8int.com/water1.html

“The scale of the submerged ruins, covering several square miles and at distances of up to a mile from shore, ranks this as a major marine-archaeological discovery as spectacular as the ruined cities submerged off Alexandria in Egypt.”

"Hancock says this discovery proves scientists should be more open-minded. “I have argued for many years that the world’s flood myths deserve to be taken seriously, a view that most Western academics reject. “But here in Mahabalipuram, we have proved the myths right and the academics wrong.”"

"The whole model of the origins of civilization with which archaeologists have been working will have to be remade from scratch..." Another Submerged City .. 21-Jan-2002

According to evolutionary geologist Robert Schoch, “Noah is but one tale in a worldwide collection of at least 500 flood myths, which are the most widespread of all ancient myths and therefore can be considered among the oldest” (2003, p. 249, emp. added). Schoch went on to observe:

"Narratives of a massive inundation are found all over the world.... Stories of a great deluge are found on every inhabited continent and among a great many different language and culture groups (pp. 103,249)."

Other examples are the Amerindians:

The Aztecs tell of a worldwide global flood in a story with striking parallels to the biblical deluge. “Only two people, the hero Coxcox and his wife, survived the flood by floating in a boat that came to rest on a mountain” (Schoch, p. 103).

In the land of China, there are many legends about a great flood. One of those comes from a group of people known as the Nosu. According to their legend, God sent a personal messenger to Earth to warn three sons that a flood was coming. Only the youngest son, Dum, heeded the messenger. He constructed a wooden boat to prepare for the coming flood. When the waters arrived, Dum entered his boat, and was saved. After the waters began to recede, the boat landed on the mountains of Tibet, where Dum had three sons who repopulated the Earth. Interestingly, even the Chinese character for “boat” possibly reveals the story of Noah and the other seven people on the ark.

"The Australian Aborigines also tell of a flood story... Filling the sky, a storm cloud appeared, and the earth was flooded so high that only the tops of a few enormous mountains were not covered. One man rapidly tried to escape the flood by rowing his canoe to the top of a mountain, where he arrived safely with several other survivors."

"The Miao tribes, who live in inland China, has a recording of what is basically the same as Genesis. They talk about God created the heavens and the earth, and created man and woman. They also talk about the wickedness of humanity and God sending a flood. Immense flooding covered the entire earth, and only one family, “the family of Fuhi”"

"the Biami people, located in Papua New Guinea. They talk about a great flood, which covered the earth. Only a few people survived and they climbed into the bark of the Gobia Tree with their animals and plants that were necessary for life. When the flood-waters rose, they climbed higher up the tree. When the waters went down, the people climbed down the tree and there were made to repopulate the earth. Just like Noah’s Ark, there was a great flood, only a few people survived and after the flood they repopulated the earth."

"The Iban people of Sarawak tell of a hero named Trow, who floated around in an ark with his wife and numerous domestic animals (Schoch, p. 252). Natives from India tell a story about a man named Manu who built an ark after being warned of a flood. Later, the waters receded, and he landed on a mountain (Schoch, p. 250)."

According to John D. Morris, Ph.D., while the differences are not always trivial, the common essence of the stories is instructive as compiled below:

1. Is there a favored family? 88%
2. Were they forewarned? 66%
3. Is flood due to wickedness of man? 66%
4. Is catastrophe only a flood? 95%
5. Was flood global? 95%
6. Is survival due to a boat? 70%
7. Were animals also saved? 67%
8. Did animals play any part? 73%
9. Did survivors land on a mountain? 57%
10. Was the geography local? 82%
11. Were birds sent out? 35%
12. Was the rainbow mentioned? 7%
13. Did survivors offer a sacrifice? 13%
14. Were specifically eight persons saved? 9%

Putting them all back together, the story would read something like this:

"Once there was a worldwide flood, sent by God to judge the wickedness of man. But there was one righteous family which was forewarned of the coming flood. They built a boat on which they survived the flood along with the animals. As the flood ended, their boat landed on a high mountain from which they descended and repopulated the whole earth."

There are several parts to this video. Please watch every part which answers all the common questions such as "where did all the water come from?". http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dceMA5JdcJo

Chinese culture/language gives credence to a worldwide flood

http://www.bibleprobe.com/chinese.htm

http://creation.com/images/pdfs/tj/j19_2/j19_2_96-108.pdf

Video of the recent discovery of Noah's Ark http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LjpeQU7GIZc

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/worldnews/article-1269165/Noahs-Ark-re mains-discovered-mountain-Turkey.html

Extra biblical accounts of people who has been to or seen Noah's arkhttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j_JJsYO0Dec

Around the Network
OoSnap said:

There are over 300 cultures scattered throughout the world that have a worldwide flood story. Coincidence? I think not. "Hawaiians have a flood story that tells of a time when, long after the death of the first man, the world became a wicked, terrible place. Only one good man was left, and his name was Nu-u. He made a great canoe with a house on it and filled it with animals. In this story, the waters came up over all the earth and killed all the people; only Nu-u and his family were saved.

Another flood story is from China. It records that Fuhi, his wife, three sons, and three daughters escaped a great flood and were the only people alive on earth. After the great flood, they repopulated the world.

As the story of the Flood was verbally passed from one generation to the next, some aspects would have been lost or altered. And this is what has happened, as we can see from the chart. However, as seen in the given examples, each story shares remarkable similarities to the account of Noah in the Bible. This is true even in some of the details, such as the name Nu-u in the Hawaiian flood story. “Nu-u” is very similar to “Noah.”" 

Sorry, I don't have time to read the whole thing, but after reading that short snippet, one thing pops up in my mind. Why would you assume that the story of Noah's Ark is the true version of this story? Why not the story of Nu-u? What if there just was a great flood, and everyone decided to write their own story about it? What makes the version in the Bible the correct one?

EDIT: Just to clarify, I think there was a great flood at some point, and all these stories are probably connected to it somehow.

I've always felt something bigger was behind this myth considering how its shared by so many ancient civilizations with relatively minor alterations.

Rainbird said:
OoSnap said:

Sorry, I don't have time to read the whole thing, but after reading that short snippet, one thing pops up in my mind. Why would you assume that the story of Noah's Ark is the true version of this story? Why not the story of Nu-u? What if there just was a great flood, and everyone decided to write their own story about it? What makes the version in the Bible the correct one?

If you read the end that is the basic idea behind the whole topic.

Rainbird said:
OoSnap said:

Edit: Just read over what I've posted.

Around the Network

Way to misinterprete everything.

One thing that always makes me wonder, did humans turn out the way we are because of all the incest in the bible ? Thats probably the reason why so many people are fucked up in our time. And
I`m not even talking about the actual incest borns or the people with a handicap ;) can you imagine :P << a partial joke xD

But shouldn`t all of those people have died, so many civilizations should have stopped existing because of all this. Its not like those 8 people rebuild all of the underwater cultures like they were before the flood. But they still existed afterwards.

The civilization/repopulate/underwater ruins just doesn`t fit with me.

SAme goes for the animal stuff, do you know how many species existed :P And how far they all live apart, how did all of those animals go back to their natural habitat and survive.

OoSnap said:

The Bible gives the most detailed account. And it was prophesied before In the Book of Adam and Eve.

Nowadays, more educated people than you (which accounts to probably 99.9999% of the population if one observes the bullshit threads you are opening on a site completely inapropriate for your nonsense) correlate the bible flood story with the Gilgamesh epos, which predates the bible stories.

Please stop makeing a fool out of yourself with your bible threads.

@ superchunk

I do believe in the flood (I made a ninja-edit ), I'm merely calling into question that this flood should be divine retribution of some kind.

OoSnap said:
Rainbird said:
OoSnap said:

The Bible gives the most detailed account. And it was prophesied before In the Book of Adam and Eve.

I looked over the sources (or whatever you wanna call them) in the article, and these are pretty much tribes of some kind. Their story with the flood will most likely have been passed on through the generations orally, so no wonder the Bible has the more accurate account. And even if it was prophecized in the Bible, I'm guessing the Bible was written after this flood occurred. Do a bit of editing, and voila, you have your prophecy.

It's all highly likely, isn't it?

Water levels cannot change unless there is melting glacier ice. That's pretty much it. There's been previous Ice Ages. The end.

Noah's story, though, is ridiculous.

God punishes all humanity, barring Noah and his family. That's immediately very fair.

Then, somehow, every land-based creature on the planet is rounded up and stuck on a boat, but the flying creatures and the various aquatic animals are fine. Again, how very arbitrary.

Somehow these animals manage not to eat each other and then reproduce when back on land in a fast enough manner to allow for the rapid re-population of the planet.

Who would want to worship a god that wipes out animals for no good reason other than to punish a creation that he gave free-will to in the first place. The Bible is not a coherent set of stories as well-educated, unblinkered, non-selective people realise. It's got some brilliant sections, but this element of Genesis is tripe and a bad image of the supposed divinity.

Yes.

www.spacemag.org - contribute your stuff... satire, comics, ideas, debate, stupidy stupid etc.