By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Mafiascum Round 21 Game Thread DBZ

c03n3nj0 said:

Hunt: MetalGear

I'm the most suspicious of him being scum. 

Vote: Silver-Tiger

Come on, Im no sk

-

Around the Network
theRepublic said:

@the whole Dragon Ball thing:

I think someone said that if j0 hunts himself he will double his DBs.  I don't think that is right.  If he has one randomly appear near him, and no one hunts him, and he hunts himself, he would gain two DBs.  If one appears near him, and we all hunt him, I think he would go to four, and everyone else will get four for hunting him, taking j0 down to zero.  If nothing appears by j0 and he hunts himself, he would stay at 3, everyone who hunts him gets 3, taking j0 down to zero.

I think everyone should target j0 like Hephaestos said.  This will maximize DBs for the town.  I also think we should consider j0 hunting someone we think is scum to take DBs away from that person.  j0 hunting himself gives the town a 50% chance (7 new DBs/14 players) of everyone gaining an extra DB when they hunt him.  I'm not sure how that would compare to the chance of stealing DBs from scum, but it is something to consider.

I don't know why you people are all thinking the dragon balls would multiply like that. 

Here's how it works, as I understand it, and despite my missing the change in DB-hunting rules for mafia I'm confident on this one: 

-- Ball appears near someone
-- Whoever hunts that person, including that person, gets 1 ball plus whatever they already had on them
-- -- (This MIGHT mean that the person would get 1 plus 1 for having the freebie and also hunting it, but I doubt it:  they only get the freebie if nobody, including themselves, hunts them.) 
-- -- (If they had several preexisting DBs, and more than one person hunts them, I would be very, very surprised if each hunter gets the total number of DBs that person had.) 

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!
I have the most epic death scene ever in VGChartz Mafia.  Thanks WordsofWisdom! 

MetalGear_94 said:
c03n3nj0 said:

Hunt: MetalGear

I'm the most suspicious of him being scum. 

Vote: Silver-Tiger

Come on, Im no sk

'cause you're mafia. 

Tag (Courtesy of Fkusumot) "If I'm posting in this thread then it's probally a spam thread."                               

Oh and regarding the Silver-Tiger "controversy": 

Unless someone wants to come forward and say "hi, I'm a vigilante and I will kill Silver-Tiger for you today or tonight" (which I do not recommend) we have no real option other than to go ahead and lynch.  ... At least, I would rather not just sit back and hope the SK does the work for us! 

Vote:  Silver-Tiger
Unhunt
Hunt:  Metal_Gear

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!

Final-Fan said:
theRepublic said:

@the whole Dragon Ball thing:

I think someone said that if j0 hunts himself he will double his DBs.  I don't think that is right.  If he has one randomly appear near him, and no one hunts him, and he hunts himself, he would gain two DBs.  If one appears near him, and we all hunt him, I think he would go to four, and everyone else will get four for hunting him, taking j0 down to zero.  If nothing appears by j0 and he hunts himself, he would stay at 3, everyone who hunts him gets 3, taking j0 down to zero.

I think everyone should target j0 like Hephaestos said.  This will maximize DBs for the town.  I also think we should consider j0 hunting someone we think is scum to take DBs away from that person.  j0 hunting himself gives the town a 50% chance (7 new DBs/14 players) of everyone gaining an extra DB when they hunt him.  I'm not sure how that would compare to the chance of stealing DBs from scum, but it is something to consider.

I don't know why you people are all thinking the dragon balls would multiply like that. 

Here's how it works, as I understand it, and despite my missing the change in DB-hunting rules for mafia I'm confident on this one: 

-- Ball appears near someone
-- Whoever hunts that person, including that person, gets 1 ball plus whatever they already had on them
-- -- (This MIGHT mean that the person would get 1 plus 1 for having the freebie and also hunting it, but I doubt it:  they only get the freebie if nobody, including themselves, hunts them.) 
-- -- (If they had several preexisting DBs, and more than one person hunts them, I would be very, very surprised if each hunter gets the total number of DBs that person had.) 

So your sayin the whole co3n3njo hunting thing wont work?

-

Around the Network
Final-Fan said:

Oh and regarding the Silver-Tiger "controversy": 

Unless someone wants to come forward and say "hi, I'm a vigilante and I will kill Silver-Tiger for you today or tonight" (which I do not recommend) we have no real option other than to go ahead and lynch.  ... At least, I would rather not just sit back and hope the SK does the work for us! 

Vote:  Silver-Tiger
Unhunt
Hunt:  Metal_Gear

Why is everyone hunting me

-

On episode 61 with DBZ 

I didn't like the Ginyu saga which was fortunately about 7 episodes but I really really love the character development of Vegeta so far!

His solo quest to collect all 7 DBs on planet Nemka with so many others looking for them at the same time was fantastic! 

I'm also a big fan of his cheesy one-line jokes!

In short, I've become quite the Vegeta fan! I hope he doesn't die!

I am the black sheep     "of course I'm crazy, but that doesn't mean I'm wrong."-Robert Anton Wilson

MetalGear_94 said:

As I understand it, heph's plan was as follows: 
1.  j0 has 3 DBs. 
2.  Everybody hunt j0.
3.  Now everyone, including j0, will have 6 DBs each. 

Does that not sound ridiculous to you? 

hatmoza said:
On episode 61 with DBZ 
I didn't like the Ginyu saga which was fortunately about 7 episodes but I really really love the character development of Vegeta so far!
His solo quest to collect all 7 DBs on planet Nemka with so many others looking for them at the same time was fantastic! 
I'm also a big fan of his cheesy one-line jokes!
In short, I've become quite the Vegeta fan! I hope he doesn't die!

In DBZ, everyone dies ... but few of them stay dead.  Deus ex machina FTW
^ probably not totally accurate but I have watched a fair amount and that is the impression I get. 

Final-Fan said:
MetalGear_94 said:

As I understand it, heph's plan was as follows: 
1.  j0 has 3 DBs. 
2.  Everybody hunt j0.
3.  Now everyone, including j0, will have 6 DBs each. 

Does that not sound ridiculous to you? 

Wait......that does sound ridiculous

Ah, I dont understand how this works!!

anyways we'll see if he was right tommorow

-