By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - KZ2 recently released screenshots are NOT real in-game !!!

They were modified according to Guerila :

http://boardsus.playstation.com/playstation/board/message?board.id=killzone2&message.id=17675#M17675

(Third post)

They are only the tiniest bit touched up.  Short answer is yes.  Long answer is that there was a little bit of colour-correction done and some minor polish, but nothing major.  Still very close to reality and it looks better in motion in my opinion. 

Seb Downie - QA Manager - Guerrilla Games

==> minor "polish" .... like Anti-Aliasing correction ?

Time to Work !

Around the Network

WAIT:

the "trailer" was -pre-alpha

so maybe these screenshots are showing how the game has moved forward graphically...

Supporter of

SONY & Nintendo

Consoles owned - SNES, N64, PS, GC, PS2, PSP, PS3

I DO NOT support Xbox

My prediction for YEARS END:

WII - 18.3 Million

Xbox 360 - 15 Million

Playstation 3 - 8.5 Million

still looks awesome

Cruis'n could have used this minor polish for it's screen shots. XD

no doubts their...

they still look good

But I want more, we still havn't seen multiplayer or any news environments, without that it's hard to get hyped for it....

Supporter of

SONY & Nintendo

Consoles owned - SNES, N64, PS, GC, PS2, PSP, PS3

I DO NOT support Xbox

My prediction for YEARS END:

WII - 18.3 Million

Xbox 360 - 15 Million

Playstation 3 - 8.5 Million

Around the Network
libellule said:

They were modified according to Guerila :

http://boardsus.playstation.com/playstation/board/message?board.id=killzone2&message.id=17675#M17675

(Third post)

They are only the tiniest bit touched up.  Short answer is yes.  Long answer is that there was a little bit of colour-correction done and some minor polish, but nothing major.  Still very close to reality and it looks better in motion in my opinion. 

Seb Downie - QA Manager - Guerrilla Games

==> minor "polish" .... like Anti-Aliasing correction ?

They're right about the fact the game look better in motion, because even using PS, the screens were uglies. Blurred weapon, alisiasing on the environnement, poor particule system for the explosion (looking like a cloud in suspension)...

I hope they'll find a way to get screens looking better.

Looking better all the time

Destroyer_of_knights said:
Cruis'n could have used this minor polish for it's screen shots. XD

what? I dont think they could have been made better in any way. Looking at them brought tears to my eyes, as they show us the next evolutionary step in videogame graphics.  

Any message from Faxanadu is written in good faith but shall neither be binding nor construed as constituting a commitment by Faxanadu except where provided for in a written agreement signed by an authorized representative of Faxanadu. This message is intended for the use of the forum members only.

The views expressed here may be personal and/or offensive and are not necessarily the views of Faxanadu.

@illebule

He says that he was improved some of the color and textures in the game. That makes it look close to reality(meaning reality as in us), and that it looks even better in motion.

mM

Killzone 2 is hopefully the Killzone killer.