By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - The Semi Official VGChartz Minecraft Thread

So, I've learned how to learn where someone lives (city, zip code) based on their IP address, as well as who their ISP is.

What this means is that, if we can record evidence of hacking griefers doing their thing, we can report them to their ISP. In some areas, by law, evidence of hacking others' systems is grounds for termination of service, so at the very least, the ISP would be required to issue a warning.

SW-5120-1900-6153

Around the Network

That's a little on the creepy side.

It's absolutely a bit creepy, but it's nothing special. http://whatismyipaddress.com/ip/76.123.231.98

SW-5120-1900-6153

thetonestarr said:
So, I've learned how to learn where someone lives (city, zip code) based on their IP address, as well as who their ISP is.

What this means is that, if we can record evidence of hacking griefers doing their thing, we can report them to their ISP. In some areas, by law, evidence of hacking others' systems is grounds for termination of service, so at the very least, the ISP would be required to issue a warning.

Or we could send some heavies around to their house to sort them out ;)

Wii FC: 6440 8298 7583 0720   XBOX GT: WICK1978               PSN: its_the_wick   3DS: 1676-3747-7846                                          Nintendo Network: its-the-wick

Systems I've owned: Atari 2600, NES, SNES, GBColor, N64, Gamecube, PS2, Xbox, GBAdvance, DSlite, PSP, Wii, Xbox360, PS3, 3DS, PSVita, PS4, 3DS XL, Wii U

The best quote I've seen this year:

Angelus said: I'm a moron

I'm thinking about invading your server. >:) Is there anything I need to know or can I just jump straight in? I'm new to Minecraft multiplayer (have played hundreds of hours in singleplayer though).

Around the Network
forest-spirit said:
I'm thinking about invading your server. >:) Is there anything I need to know or can I just jump straight in? I'm new to Minecraft multiplayer (have played hundreds of hours in singleplayer though).

Cool. It'll be great to have another new player.

Im pretty sure you can jump on and look around whenever you want but for building rights you'll need to speak to tone or goddog.

They're usually really quick, so maybe just send them a pm.

Wii FC: 6440 8298 7583 0720   XBOX GT: WICK1978               PSN: its_the_wick   3DS: 1676-3747-7846                                          Nintendo Network: its-the-wick

Systems I've owned: Atari 2600, NES, SNES, GBColor, N64, Gamecube, PS2, Xbox, GBAdvance, DSlite, PSP, Wii, Xbox360, PS3, 3DS, PSVita, PS4, 3DS XL, Wii U

The best quote I've seen this year:

Angelus said: I'm a moron

Hey, guys. I played a minecraft a lot but only the pirate version.

I have been thinking about getting it just to make sure Notch and his team get the money they deserve and also I get to play some MP.

Can anyone join the server?
Is it always on?
Are there mods?
What does it take to start?

I have to say Im not that active in building things, mostly just some towers to see far away. I do enjoy creating wheat farms and breeding animals. Cave hunting too.

The funny thing is - I dont use redstone. Dont know how to and honestly, I dont mind the work.

So if or when I get it, can I join?

www.jamesvandermemes.com

marciosmg said:

I have been thinking about getting it just to make sure Notch and his team get the money they deserve and also I get to play some MP.

Is it always on?
Are there mods?

I have to say Im not that active in building things, mostly just some towers to see far away. I do enjoy creating wheat farms and breeding animals. Cave hunting too.

The funny thing is - I dont use redstone. Dont know how to and honestly, I dont mind the work.

-Yes. We have a set of rules for how to be given building rights, but as an active and known member of VGC, those rules actually don't apply to you (because we believe we can trust you), so all you have to do is log on and we'll give you building rights as soon as we can.

Is it always on?
-For the most part, yes. It rarely goes down, and when it does, we're usually quick to get it back up.

Are there mods?
-Yes. We don't have any installed that change the actual game content itself, though; what we use merely enhances the game, mostly for making the server more openly multiplayer friendly.

-On our server, just log in and get ahold of Goddog/Hansrotec or myself. If we're online, it'll be super easy. If we're not, easiest way to reach us is by email - tony.rothweiler@gmail.com or Hansrote@gmaill.com.

I would highly recommend you get the real game. You have less than three weeks before the official release, and when it officially releases, the price is going to go up 33%.

SW-5120-1900-6153

After having been there for a couple months, the docks finally have their first ship. Though, it's not IN the docks right now - it's out a bit at sea at the moment. Careful - it's fully armed.

SW-5120-1900-6153

thetonestarr said:
marciosmg said:

Is it always on?
Are there mods?

-Yes. We have a set of rules for how to be given building rights, but as an active and known member of VGC, those rules actually don't apply to you (because we believe we can trust you), so all you have to do is log on and we'll give you building rights as soon as we can.

Is it always on?
-For the most part, yes. It rarely goes down, and when it does, we're usually quick to get it back up.

Are there mods?
-Yes. We don't have any installed that change the actual game content itself, though; what we use merely enhances the game, mostly for making the server more openly multiplayer friendly.

-On our server, just log in and get ahold of Goddog/Hansrotec or myself. If we're online, it'll be super easy. If we're not, easiest way to reach us is by email - tony.rothweiler@gmail.com or Hansrote@gmaill.com.

I would highly recommend you get the real game. You have less than three weeks before the official release, and when it officially releases, the price is going to go up 33%.

Great. Thanks for the answers.

I will probably get it by tonight or tomorrow, so if I could know the server info Id really appreciate it

Thanks a lot!

www.jamesvandermemes.com