By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - IGN: NBA 2k11 "best sports game of the generation"

MJ mode this game is going to be the shi*

Around the Network
indodude said:

I don't doubt this game's awesomeness(I have NBA 2K10 and I LOVE IT), but apparently it's as good as Halo:Reach and Uncharted 2?

I have both uncharted 2 and 2k10. I played 2k10 a lot more then I played Uncharted 2. So in my opinion yea its a better game, I played it a hell of alot more. You really can't compare across genre's though.

I'm not martin luther king. I don't have a dream. I have a plan

Sell a man a fish you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish you just ruined a perfect business opportunity.

We didn't emerge out of the stone age because we ran out of stones. Its time to be proactive not reactive.

I can't wait... Love the 2k series. Very excited about the improvements to the franchise mode. Also I can't wait to test out the Move with this game.

Sell a man a fish you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish you just ruined a perfect business opportunity.

We didn't emerge out of the stone age because we ran out of stones. Its time to be proactive not reactive.

Notorius.A.i.G said:

Can someone also fill me in about " My Player " in 2K ? Is that a mode where you create your own player and get him drafted ? Develop him, win awards, championships, etc ?

My player mode is a mode where you create a player with very little stats. You then go through draft camp playing games with other draft hopefuls trying to stand out. If you a point guard you have other objective as say a SF would. After those games are finished you get drafted and then go to your team or wait to be called up. You can set it to where you only control your player on the court when he is in the game or not. Yea you pretty much just climb through the ranks, I completed the mode all the way up to getting drafted but I really like the front office aspect of the association mode so I didn't give much more time.

Notorius.A.i.G said:

Can someone also fill me in about " My Player " in 2K ? Is that a mode where you create your own player and get him drafted ? Develop him, win awards, championships, etc ?

Exactly.

I am a gamer. Not a fanboy, not a troll, a gamer. So when you dont like what I have to say, remember this fact.

Around the Network

This game is gonna take over my life. Wish I didn't have class on Tuesday.

I am the Playstation Avenger.

Whoa, great score.

I hope it has better menus than 2k10, that game was (is) excellent, but the menus are really sucky, I hate making trades because it's impossible to surf properly, you can't even see the player they're offering you unless you unselect him....fix them and you'll have me absolutely loving 2k11, because on the pitch I already loved 2k10.

I see me playing a lot of seasons with this too, even more than with 2k10...damn, that game made me spend so much playtime...

so forza 3 and nba 2k11 are the best games in their genre for the rest of this gen? hillary goldstein is dumb as hell

good review, but it aint the best sports game of the time.

i choose you "fifa 10"

Being in 3rd place never felt so good

Oct 5 come sooner

Black Women Are The Most Beautiful Women On The Planet.

"In video game terms, RPGs are games that involve a form of separate battles taking place with a specialized battle system and the use of a system that increases your power through a form of points.

Sure, what you say is the definition, but the connotation of RPGs is what they are in video games." - dtewi