By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Bioshock wins GAme of the Year!

Bodhesatva said:

A lot of award programs are lumping Mario under "action," actually -- 1up just did so, for example.

The fact that there is no Platformer or "Casual" category but there is both a "shooter" category and a "military game" category is quite telling where their priorities lie here. This is a manly man's show. 

Nintendo has specifically used the term "testosterone driven" to describe Sony and Microsoft's strategy with their platforms; they clearly meant it as a pejorative, and they implied they were going a different direction. The direction the Wii has just does not fit a show that has categories for best action game, best shooter game, AND best military game, but has to akwardly jam Mario Galaxy and Wii Sports in to categories they really don't belong in.   

QFT,mario deserves his own platformer category

Around the Network

@sqrl bioshock was a superb title and felt fresh using the plasmids so i think it deserves its high scores

1/ I m happy for Bioshock

2/ Halo3 should not even appear in the list
(except in the category : more hyped game, best seller, or more popular)

3/ where is Forza2 ?
I mean, Dirt own Forza2 ?
(just a question)

4/ like the others have saied : not all the game are represented.

Time to Work !

Game of the Year of what site?

Just saying "Bioshock = GOTY" is pretty useless, and it's not entirely apparent from your first post either. Some site/event called VGA? Please explain in more detail.

^i think its for spike TV

Around the Network

How many GOTY are there anyways?
Which one is most recognized?
I read in couple of threads about Spike so I thought this one was the important one.

It makes sense tat SPIKE would choose these games. Isn't SPIKE T.V. where Man's Show used to be on?

^i think the most recognised are ign,1up and GS(but i dont think GS is anymore)

I'm glad portal got an award. It really deserved something.

"..just keep on trying 'till you run out of cake"

"No. Kind of a last gasp for the FPS genre."

lol you have seen the top48 thread? More like the beginning of FPS domination (Not that I like that, I mean I like FPS but I would like to see a space shooter again (a real one like XWing or Freespace not some crappy third-view flying thing for console owners who are too sissy to fly first-person.)

Oh and Bioshock was great. It deserved it. I still think System Shock 2 was a better game but even comparison with SS2 is great praise.