By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - MOVE - 300,000 Units Sold in First Ten Days!

BMaker11 said:

I think the sales of Move will be misleading. Who's to say people didn't buy 4 Moves for multiplayer fun? More Moves can be sold per household, but it won't necessarily be 1:1 for games in the long run.

It can't be less then 250,000 though because thats how many of one specific game sold, and there is bound to be people who didn't buy the game, but yea there is a rather large margin for error with these sales 

Around the Network
nen-suer said:
Maynard_Tool said:

300K Units? What's a unit in this case? Just the move controller? Or the move (plus) Nav (plus) eyetoy camera?

Move Controller plus PlayStation Eye Camera.

That what Brett said on the 1st week sales.

It's not that, it's bundles plus 25% of single move controllers.  It's assumed that 25% of the controllers are being bought by people who already have a PS Eye camera.  That's a best guess as nobody really knows who's buying a Move controller as they've already got a PS Eye, or who's buying one as an additional controller.

Zipper said:

What exactly are the tracking? it sold 300,000? 300,000 what? bundles? standalone move cotrollers? navigation controllers? eyetoys? all those things combined?  Sports Champions sold 250,000 what? standalone copies?  or are they counting those included in the US bundles as well?

I'm sorry, but I don't believe in VGChartz's numbers

Why can't they give us total move sales, instead of this trash install base crap they decided to make up just for the move.

Sure they don't track accesorys , DS3 for example, but move is a different case, same as kinect.

HKN said:

Why can't they give us total move sales, instead of this trash install base crap they decided to make up just for the move.

Sure they don't track accesorys , DS3 for example, but move is a different case, same as kinect.

This "trash" is here for a reason. 

ioi said:

This isn't really open to debate.

We are not going to be "tracking" Move since we don't track any other peripheral publically on the site. What we will be doing is offering periodic updates on Move and Kinect penetration / userbase which is what matters to developers / investors etc.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=116581

Around the Network
buzzard said:

At this rate it won't sell 1 million in 1 month, that's not good for its launch month. We'll see what kind of push the holiday season gives it but after that I don't see this thing selling well at all. If it ends the year with something like 3 million as the install base then that's not a good enough number to justify new titles.

I disagree, you can't push hardware without software. Even if only 2m are sold by year's end that's over a million prospective buyers who are keen to try out their new investment.

The stragedy (obviously) is to get as many owners of move to pick up the new games and entice ps3 owners buy both (move and the games).

Regardless of move's sales Sony must release titles that support it for the next year (and hope for the best) if they are to profit - and by profit I don't only mean money.

If you are talking 3rd party titles then that's a different matter.

jneul said:

lol so what about the extra contollers, for example i bought a second one seperately if they are tracking starter kits only it will be missing sales surely??

But for the purposes of tracking users, that doesn't matter, right?

What I mean is if no matter how interested you are in any given move-enabled game, you wil only buy one copy, right?  NOT two, just because you have multiple Move controllers, right?

On topic, 500K seems like a good start, so it will be interesting to see what kind of momentum move can generate going into the holiday sales period.

TRios_Zen said:
jneul said:

lol so what about the extra contollers, for example i bought a second one seperately if they are tracking starter kits only it will be missing sales surely??

What I mean is if no matter how interested you are in any given move-enabled game, you wil only buy one copy, right?  NOT two, just because you have multiple Move controllers, right?

On topic, 500K seems like a good start, so it will be interesting to see what kind of momentum move can generate going into the holiday sales period.

what on earth are you going on about lol, i was talking about controller only sales(move specifically), they all need to be tracked, not talking about SC or any other software if you are getting confused...

if we want to track move we will need all the sales data for the starter kits, single purchase of move/navi that is what i mean, hope it's More clear now

it's the future of handheld

PS VITA = LIFE

The official Vita thread http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=130023&page=1

justinian said:
buzzard said:

At this rate it won't sell 1 million in 1 month, that's not good for its launch month. We'll see what kind of push the holiday season gives it but after that I don't see this thing selling well at all. If it ends the year with something like 3 million as the install base then that's not a good enough number to justify new titles.

I disagree, you can't push hardware without software. Even if only 2m are sold by year's end that's over a million prospective buyers who are keen to try out their new investment.

The stragedy (obviously) is to get as many owners of move to pick up the new games and entice ps3 owners buy both (move and the games).

Regardless of move's sales Sony must release titles that support it for the next year (and hope for the best) if they are to profit - and by profit I don't only mean money.

If you are talking 3rd party titles then that's a different matter.

Not to mention tons of titles are already in development, and sales are irrelevant to them coming out, and the wii ports are viable too, so theres that, until games like sorcery start coming out tho I don't see it gaining much momentum 

jneul said:
TRios_Zen said:

what on earth are you going on about lol, i was talking about controller only sales(move specifically), they all need to be tracked, not talking about SC or any other software if you are getting confused...

if we want to track move we will need all the sales data for the starter kits, single purchase of move/navi that is what i mean, hope it's More clear now

Sorry, I was referring to the fact that ioi had noted that VGChartz were tracking "userbase" numbers for Move/Kinect.

While I can see why you maybe interested in the total number of Move units out there, I'm not sure how that is all that useful.  However, I'm not trying to disuade you from trying to find out!