By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - I played Heavenly Sword for about 20-30 minutes in Target and not impressed

Let me start off by saying that I am a Nintendo fanboy, I hate Sony and Microsoft, but I do not think that the 360 and the PS3 are crap.  I believe they are both very good systems, just not my cup of tea.  I did however get a chance to play HS at Target the other day and I just was not impressed.  To me it was just another push a bunch of buttons, fight the same enemy over and over type of game.  T scenery was beautiful I will say, but I forgot about it after about 2 minutes, and then the lack of gameplay started to set in.  Something else I noticed was that this graphics powerhouse of PS3 could not even properly handle 7 to 8 guys on the screen at a time right.  The feet kept disappearing through the ground and walls kept shifting around everytime the screen would get crowded.  The whole experience just left me kind of meh.  Like I said, 360 and PS3 are just not my cup of tea and this short time with the PS3 had no effect in changing that.  Oh well, let the anger begin I guess.  Just my thoughts purely, nothing else.

My Tag: 2 Timothy 3:1

Jesus Christ is the ONLY way to Heaven! (John14:6)

Every second 2 people die . . . What if this is your second? 

www.goodpersontest.com

Around the Network

wow you must have nearly finished it in that time.

(this was a joke for all those who cannot tell)

Ah yes, the 20-30 minute at target test. A greater gauge for game quality has yet to be discovered.

Seriously dude, que pasa?

I'm a mod, come to me if there's mod'n to do. 

Chrizum is the best thing to happen to the internet, Period.

Serves me right for challenging his sales predictions!

Bet with dsisister44: Red Steel 2 will sell 1 million within it's first 365 days of sales.

Dude, who enjoys a game in a department store. Good god, come on! If you want to enjoy a game that relies heavily on the story, you need to treat it like a movie. You sit down in a couch with your drink of Coke near by and some chocolate as it's going to be an action pack ride. Target ... You fail!

And Soriku, my new buddy. HS is not a bad game... it's an awesome game that people don't appreciate. The level of detail, great storyline and excellent cast performance make the game a great experience overall. Sure game time is short, but it was just nice. I'm actually digging shorter games now. It takes me two weeks to finish a game nowadays. Meh! ff12 has taken over 110 hrs for me or 6 months :P due to time and family etc.

Unleash The Beast!  

End of 2011 Sales: Wii = 90mil, 360 = 61mil, PS3= 60mil

kazadoom said:
Let me start off by saying that I am a Nintendo fanboy, I hate Sony and Microsoft, but I do not think that the 360 and the PS3 are crap. I believe they are both very good systems, just not my cup of tea. I did however get a chance to play HS at Target the other day and I just was not impressed. To me it was just another push a bunch of buttons, fight the same enemy over and over type of game. T scenery was beautiful I will say, but I forgot about it after about 2 minutes, and then the lack of gameplay started to set in. Something else I noticed was that this graphics powerhouse of PS3 could not even properly handle 7 to 8 guys on the screen at a time right. The feet kept disappearing through the ground and walls kept shifting around everytime the screen would get crowded. The whole experience just left me kind of meh. Like I said, 360 and PS3 are just not my cup of tea and this short time with the PS3 had no effect in changing that. Oh well, let the anger begin I guess. Just my thoughts purely, nothing else.

Let me start by saying that I am a fan of good threads, I hate bad threads, but I do not think that this thread is crap. I believe it's a very good thread, just not my cup of tea. I did however get a chance to read the top post earier today and I just was not impressed. To me, it was just another read the same words, hear the same thing over and over again type of post. The other posters were great I will say but I forgot about them after about 2 minutes, and then the lack of content started to set in. Something else I noticed was that the scope of the thread could not even handle a properly paragraphed opinion in my browser right. The words kept getting jammed together and smart people kept shifting around everytime I refreshed. The whole experience just left me kind of meh. Like I said, bad threads are just not my cup of tea and this short time with your thread had no effect in changing that. Oh well, let the anger begin I guess. Just my thoughts purely, nothing else.

Around the Network

Heavenly sword is in no way a bad game, its fantastic. Its one of the only games ive played where ive actually felt connected to the people involved, its basically a cinema like experience.

The whole "Its a button basher" theme pisses me off, the combat system is deeper than that, just takes a while to understand everything.

Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned for Sega. - Jason Lee, Mallrats.

http://theaveragejoe.sportsblognet.com/ - Mainly American Football, snippets of Basketball, European Football and Hockey. 

hmm hs: too short, gameplay ok (getting better the last third was pretty nice) but it has some of the most beautiful cutscenes character models and locations ever. As a game ok as a technology preview of things to come awesome

Words Of Wisdom said:

Let me start by saying that I am a fan of good threads, I hate bad threads, but I do not think that this thread is crap. I believe it's a very good thread, just not my cup of tea. I did however get a chance to read the top post earier today and I just was not impressed. To me, it was just another read the same words, hear the same thing over and over again type of post. The other posters were great I will say but I forgot about them after about 2 minutes, and then the lack of content started to set in. Something else I noticed was that the scope of the thread could not even handle a properly paragraphed opinion in my browser right. The words kept getting jammed together and smart people kept shifting around everytime I refreshed. The whole experience just left me kind of meh. Like I said, bad threads are just not my cup of tea and this short time with your thread had no effect in changing that. Oh well, let the anger begin I guess. Just my thoughts purely, nothing else.

That's my nominee for post of the year.

dang, I did not know that everyone would be so snobby about it. I can tell in 20-30 min if I like a game because if I do, then it will pull me in by then. Just sharing my thoughts here, what the heck is up everyone's butt?

My Tag: 2 Timothy 3:1

Jesus Christ is the ONLY way to Heaven! (John14:6)

Every second 2 people die . . . What if this is your second? 

www.goodpersontest.com

finalsquall said:
Dude, who enjoys a game in a department store.

People who try Rock Band or Guitar Hero? God knows I had fun trying Rock Band at best buy. Lot of the people who tried it seemed to enjoy it.