By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Climate Change Deniers/Skeptics or Believer?

Climate Change Deniers/Skeptics or Believer?

Climate change believer. ... 80 52.63%

Climate change skeptic/denier. 41 26.97%

Unsure about climate change: fence sitter. 17 11.18%

Candy!!! 14 9.21%

Total:152

Whether you believe in climate change or not, it is very foolish to believe that a population can exponentially expand without affecting its environment, let alone that a population can expand while its food supply, oil supply, clean water supply, and clean air supply are all shrinking.

More people less energy = death.

More people renewable energy = life.

Deny global warming all you want, but you can't argue with renewable energy being absolutely mandatory for the success of our species.

Around the Network
The Ghost of RubangB said:

Whether you believe in climate change or not, it is very foolish to believe that a population can exponentially expand without affecting its environment, let alone that a population can expand while its food supply, oil supply, clean water supply, and clean air supply are all shrinking.

Deny global warming all you want, but you can't argue with renewable energy being absolutely mandatory for the success of our species.

Absolutely. Nothing is lost by pushing hard for renewable energies. My only point of contention is that there are other more viable alternatives available right now to bridge the gap but the longterm goal should ALWAYS be for renewable energy.

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

Most climate policies are hypocrit bullshit that don't work, cost a lot of money and are inefficient.

If the climate is even in danger then technological advances will fix it eventually (when the need is really high solutions will come eventually). 

The Ghost of RubangB said:

I believe the population will stabilize eventually (though it will still be too large).

Pushing for renewable energy is good, but only if it really works, unlike wind mills.

TheRealMafoo said:
Zkuq said:

I'm not quite sure about what's true anymore... 

This is the smartest thing said in this thread.

Why is "I don't know" always considered bad when you ask someone of authority? The reason Climate Change (updated from Global Warming because they were wrong) is such a hot topic, is because governments are spending billions of dollars with real world impacts, who don't even know what the problem is yet.

Is climate change man made? I don't know. Anyone telling you anything else, is wrong. We don't know yet. Why don't we worry more about finding out, instead of changing the world to fix something that might not be fixable?

Oh yea, people don't get elected using logic and reason. Never mind.

Updated from global warming because people refused to understand that while global average temperatures rise local temperatures can fall.

Also it's the scientists who are saying anthropogenic climate change is real, not the people getting elected. They're just following through on the science.

Around the Network
numonex said:
Onibaka said:

Oh Yeah Carbon Taxes!

Let's stop the development of third world countries! They should pay too for all the climate changes. There is no problem if they have no money. They only have to sell their country.

I wanna now how the oil corporations are against this thing. This is a lie. Oil Corporations are in fact SUPPORTING the idea of the climate change. Here in Brazil, Petrobras(the second biggest corporation in the world) makes a lot of propaganda about the climate change and how they are helping to save the planet. Sadly, Brazil is already a puppet for Rockfellas.

The Big Oil and Big Miners oppose climate change because they believe it slows down their Oil productions and mining activities. The scientists who are climate change skeptics/deniers provide no evidence to support their claims, they are frauds and more than likely have been paid to by Rupert Murdoch to oppose climate change. Most of the scientists support climate change but there are scientists who deny climate change. The majority of people under 40 believe climate change is a huge problem and it is due to human's destruction of the environment. It is the older people over 40 who believe climate change is not due to man.  Fox News anchor man Glenn Beck regards climate change as a huge scam. Age does play a role in whether a person believes or denies climate change.

The climate change scientists have clear evidence to support their claims that excess carbon dioxide in the Earth's atmosphere due to heavy industry and increased production, increased buring of fossil fuels and the explosion in human populations has resulted in increased carbon dioxide trapping heat inside the Earth's atmosphere resulting in higher average annual temperatures around the world. Al Gore, David Suzuki and David Rothschild are just three of the main leading climate change celebrities educating the world about climate change. People need to read David Suzuki's books, read and watch Al Gore's Inconvenient Truth and become educated on Climate change and how man has played a pivotal role in the transformation

To delay action on climate change is to deny the future of our children's children. Please think of the children. Lobby groups and politicians who run governments need to take action and satisfy the majority of their citizens who believe in climate change. 

I was a believer too.

I searched a LOT about climate change.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RDzuXPM1W3k

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-zeGY8zbzc8

And if you really believe that rothschilds are good people, i feel sorry for you.

See Alex Jones movies. And Zeitgeist Addenddum. Then you will undestand the world that we are living.

If you say that the filthy human race must be eliminated in this world for the enviromental cause, then they accomplished what they wanted.

ps.: glenn beck works for the same people that al gore does.

ps²: a lot of scientists are against

ps³.: "Denier" and "Skeptic" have different meanings. ALL people should be skeptic, both "believers" and "deniers". I love when they say that the debate is OVER. It's not over. in science, a debate is never over.

Global Warming is not science, is a RELIGION.

HappySqurriel said:
rocketpig said:
numonex said:

The cost of setting up nuclear plants and safely maintaining them is extremely expensive- multiplier effect based on more plants. Cost savings and cutting corners on safety and maintenance on nuclear plants may lead to Chernobyl meltdowns. Multi-national companies like to save costs and cut corners on safety and maintenance and not conducting audits. 

Again, this is untrue. Stop saying this. Nuclear power is FAR cheaper than any green alternative.

And Chernobyl melted down because it was poorly maintained and was built far under any western specification for nuclear plants... 25 years ago. The tech is far more advanced. Outside of one rickety, poorly designed, poorly maintained, and under protected nuclear plant in SOVIET RUSSIA, name me one nuclear plant that has destroyed its surroundings or even made civilians sick in an accident.

And who said anything about letting Iran have nuclear power? I'm talking about the western world here (and so are you). It's the only part of the globe that emits enough pollution to matter and actually gives a shit about the environment (along with Japan and a few other SE Asian nations).

On top of that, American, Russian, and (if I remember correctly) British nuclear technology of the age of Chernobyl was focused on making the smallest nuclear reactors (to be put on submarines) not to make the safest nuclear reactors ... In contrast, Canada lacked the heavy industry to build these kinds of reactors, and had not interest in developing nuclear submarines, so they designed the Candu reactor which is (generally speaking) a larger but safer design.

Or to put it another way, designs for reactors exist today that would make Chernobyl remarkably unlikely even if they were as poorly maintained.

Not to mention Chernobyl itself was extremely unlikely.  When you actually see ALL the stuff that takes to cause a nuclear disaster and read all the reports.  It's remarkable we had any even back then.

The only real problem with nuclear power is human complacency and human laziness.

I religiously support global warming and climate change. The prophets: Al Gore, Alex Jones and all the supporters and media people who support global warming and the politicians who campaign on behalf of global warming and climate change.

Christian, Jews and Muslims keep spreading their propaganda. Global warming is a New Age Religion.

What is the difference between science and religion? Religion sounds a lot more scary than science. So window dress your belief as science and it sounds more reasonable and it gets more people on board. Propaganda and media well it can influence people from all spectrums of society.

Propaganda is spread about science, medicine, technology and religion, etc to promote. Not all science theories are correct they are man made theories/beliefs. The  Big Bang theory is a scientific belief it is not necessarily proven scientific theory. No one was around 13.7 billion years ago when the Big Bang occurred and it does not completely explain how the world and universe is as it is today.

Climate change and global warming is my Religion. My Personal Jesus is Al Gore. I am fanatical follower of my religion: Global Warming. My Church or Bible is youtube and google.

There are finite energy resources and exponential growth of humans. The finite resources need to be rationed out some will have more and some will have less. Eventually the finite resources will run out. By taxing and increasing the price of resources it will make the finite resources longer.  Economic growth needs unlimited amount of energy resources to maintain expansion and growth. Finite energy resources are running out and time is running out

Climate change and Global Warming needs to be addressed and the biggest problem is the exponential humans whp are the most destructive species on the planet. Rain forests, seas and oceans have been polluted and desecrated by human's destructive influence upon the environment. Animals and plants have become extinct more so due to man's destruction than the influence of the external Human's are the biggest threat to the survival of this planet.

The human population in the last 50 years has increased 1 billion every 10 years. 1960 the world's population was around 2 billion. Today it is around 7 billion. Exponential human growth is unsustainable. Population growth in the developing nations: India and China, etc are out pacing the developed nations in Europe and the US, etc. 

numonex said:

I religiously support global warming and climate change. The prophets: Al Gore, Alex Jones and all the supporters and media people who support global warming and the politicians who campaign on behalf of global warming and climate change.

Christian, Jews and Muslims keep spreading their propaganda. Global warming is a New Age Religion.

What is the difference between science and religion? Religion sounds a lot more scary than science. So window dress your belief as science and it sounds more reasonable and it gets more people on board. Propaganda and media well it can influence people from all spectrums of society.

Propaganda is spread about science, medicine, technology and religion, etc to promote. Not all science theories are correct they are man made theories/beliefs. The  Big Bang theory is a scientific belief it is not necessarily proven scientific theory. No one was around 13.7 billion years ago when the Big Bang occurred and it does not completely explain how the world and universe is as it is today.

Climate change and global warming is my Religion. My Personal Jesus is Al Gore. I am fanatical follower of my religion: Global Warming. My Church or Bible is youtube and google.

Wow, just wow! Whats the difference between science and religion when you will blindly follow either? Maybe you should take a step back and do some thinking and of your own