By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - PS3 likely to overtake Xbox360 in u.k.

http://www.ifreshnews.com/ps3-likely-to-overtake-xbox-360-in-the-uk%E2%80%8F/3544

Electronic Arts, manufacturer of video games has revealed that the Sony PlayStation 3 could end up as the number one gaming console on the British market, a position which is held by Xbox 360, manufactured by Microsoft.

EA’s European V.P Jens Uwe Intat revealed when speaking to MCV UK that they were anticipating the recapture of the market from Xbox by the PS3 just like in other European countries.

He also stated that the duel between Sony and Microsoft is a positive one for his company because it helped boost their sales. EA will also be releasing new games for the PlayStation Move and Xbox Kinect soon according to Intat.

Both controllers could be a major hit worldwide with video game fans to the detriment of Nintendo who are still relying on traditional gaming.

So, will this happen?  If so by when?

Around the Network

rofl. Never. PS3 hasn't beaten it once there in yearly sales, and barely tops 1 mill there a year.

EA have been arse licking Sony a lot lately, I don't know why. Maybe it's because Microsoft is firmly in bed with Activision .. but then it doesn't sound like Activision love Microsoft that much, just their money!

The British do not exactly follow the rest of Europe, for example I dont see them using the Euro. If anything the UK follows the US for example war in Iraq, outsourcing jobs. 

Now could there be a significant turn in this country sure but I wouldn't hold my breath unless of course EA decided to make FIFA a PS3 exclusive. 

Seece said:

rofl. Never. PS3 hasn't beaten it once there in yearly sales, and barely tops 1 mill there a year.

EA have been arse licking Sony a lot lately, I don't know why. Maybe it's because Microsoft is firmly in bed with Activision .. but then it doesn't sound like Activision love Microsoft that much, just their money!

we could start to see a change if FIFA11 gets PS3 advertising and GT5 coming...but i don't think the effect will be enough to change the tide...i'm sure it'll be a close battle though.

I'm Back! - Proud owner of the best doomed handheld of all time!

In the UK ? Nah. 360 has a 1.5 - 2 Million advantage over there.

Who's the best Pac, Nas, and Big. Just leave it to that.

PLAYSTATION®3 is the future.....NOW.......B_E_L_I_E_V_E

Slaughterhouse Is The Sh*t  .... NOW ........ B_E_L_I_E_V_E

Around the Network
iWarMachine said:
Seece said:

we could start to see a change if FIFA11 gets PS3 advertising and GT5 coming...but i don't think the effect will be enough to change the tide...i'm sure it'll be a close battle though.

Has a 2 plus million growing lead there, fifa and GT5 will do nothing to scratch that. The Slim and price cut did little last year.

ba...wahahahahahahahahahahahahahah thanks for the lolz there is a better chance of snow in the desert on a 95 degree day, also the ps3 will never ever pass the 360 in america, we love the 360 here...except a few people that wont even give the system a chnce do to there blind devotion to sony, ugh

Seece said:
iWarMachine said:
Seece said:

Has a 2 plus million growing lead there, fifa and GT5 will do nothing to scratch that. The Slim and price cut did little last year.

I'm not saying that GT5 and FIFA11 will make the ps3 pass the 360 numbers LTD..i'm just saying that those games can bring a closer battle in a weekly basis...

Halo_Reach said:

ba...wahahahahahahahahahahahahahah thanks for the lolz there is a better chance of snow in the desert on a 95 degree day, also the ps3 will never ever pass the 360 in america, we love the 360 here...except a few people that wont even give the system a chnce do to there blind devotion to sony, ugh

look who's talking about blind devotion! LOL.

I'm Back! - Proud owner of the best doomed handheld of all time!

iWarMachine said:
Seece said:
iWarMachine said:
Seece said:

I'm not saying that GT5 and FIFA11 will make the ps3 pass the 360 numbers LTD..i'm just saying that those games can bring a closer battle in a weekly basis...

Hmm, no I don't think so personally. Slim and price cut are far more damaging than those 2, and after 8 weeks of happening (end of October) the PS3 never outsold the 360 again. (I only checked up until April this year but pretty sure)

Despite the high price I still think Kinect will do well here.

Seece said:
iWarMachine said:
Seece said:

How does it have a 2 million lead over there when it only has about a 3-4 million lead worldwide, I don't understand where you people are pulling these numbers from, it always looks like 360 is selling more but when we get the worldwide shipped Sony always has started to close in somewhat, it's been that way for a few years now