By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Kinect demos in Toronto plus impressions

voty2000 said:
tuscaniman said:

Come out with a golf simulator for Kinect and I'm sold.

That would be the most frustrating game in the world for me and my TV would have an invisible golf club stuck in it, but I will keep playing for some unknown reason.

See the good thing about Kinect is it would allow you to use real golf clubs while playing in your livingroom. Granted you need the space to be able to swing but instead of swinging a small controller like the Wii and Move and ruining your golf swing it would be like having the $10,000 setup for the price of Kinect. Obviously you could just swing your arms but I would try to use real clubs.

Around the Network
tuscaniman said:
voty2000 said:
tuscaniman said:

Come out with a golf simulator for Kinect and I'm sold.

That would be the most frustrating game in the world for me and my TV would have an invisible golf club stuck in it, but I will keep playing for some unknown reason.

See the good thing about Kinect is it would allow you to use real golf clubs while playing in your livingroom. Granted you need the space to be able to swing but instead of swinging a small controller like the Wii and Move and ruining your golf swing it would be like having the $10,000 setup for the price of Kinect. Obviously you could just swing your arms but I would try to use real clubs.

I just don't trust my swing enough to even attempt that.  I've already had my club fly out of my hands a couple of times.  It would be awesome if it could actually help you improve your swing mechanics though and I'd probably duct tape the clubs to my arms.  Having a real person coach me just annoys and aggrevates me, but if Kinect makes a simulator, I'd find a way to insure the club never leaves my hands.

Did anyone check out Kinect Zumba?  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jVPmoEORhfU&feature=related

or Kinect Motion Sports?  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MGBnSjjtrQg&feature=related

I'm not much of a core gamer as I love alot of casual games.  Alot of my friends and family after seeing these and Dance Central really like it and thinking about getting Kinect. 

So it beats the wii at mini games, I know you had a good time and all that but games like that are fun for the few minutes then get stale fast, I can see a bunch of people running out to buy kinect then letting it collect dust after the first week, I'm not really seeing any interesting games at all for it, if the dance game is the best it can do then people are going to get bored fast, enough though they are getting sucked in with the mini games

So they did incorporate head tracking. I know that Microsoft hired that guy that did it with a wii has his Ph.D. project to work on kinect. I think that alone would make kinect awesome. If this is incorporated into gears 3, this would be awesome.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jd3-eiid-Uw

(jump to 3:00)

Around the Network
theonewhoisme said:

So it beats the wii at mini games, I know you had a good time and all that but games like that are fun for the few minutes then get stale fast, I can see a bunch of people running out to buy kinect then letting it collect dust after the first week, I'm not really seeing any interesting games at all for it, if the dance game is the best it can do then people are going to get bored fast, enough though they are getting sucked in with the mini games

I just replied to you bashing Halo:Reach in a Move thread and now I'll reply to your idiocy here. The Kinect will offer a core experience in the future. Games have already been announced for it at TGS and we will see some more later on. Kinect isn't even out yet and you're trying to pigeon hole it into a mini game only add on. Kinect will be able to offer alot of experiences Wii can but the 360 itself offers experiences the Wii can only dream of because of its inferior tech. Kinect is going to persuade some new buyers to jump in because the 360 is more powerful hardware that offers a hardcore experience but a casual experience in Kinect. Like I said Kinect will have core games in the future.

Its funny you said that it looks fun for a few minutes but will get stale fast. These are the exact comments and views that every person I know who has bought a Wii has told me. It was fun as first but it was a gimmick that collects dust now.

tuscaniman said:
theonewhoisme said:

I just replied to you bashing Halo:Reach in a Move thread and now I'll reply to your idiocy here. The Kinect will offer a core experience in the future. Games have already been announced for it at TGS and we will see some more later on. Kinect isn't even out yet and you're trying to pigeon hole it into a mini game only add on. Kinect will be able to offer alot of experiences Wii can but the 360 itself offers experiences the Wii can only dream of because of its inferior tech. Kinect is going to persuade some new buyers to jump in because the 360 is more powerful hardware that offers a hardcore experience but a casual experience in Kinect. Like I said Kinect will have core games in the future.

Its funny you said that it looks fun for a few minutes but will get stale fast. These are the exact comments and views that every person I know who has bought a Wii has told me. It was fun as first but it was a gimmick that collects dust now.

Keep blowing hot air, announced and playable are two different things, we saw gameplay of core ps3 games for move long before it was released, all we've seen with kinect is forza which seemed to control like crap from what everyone saw 

theonewhoisme said:
tuscaniman said:
theonewhoisme said:

Keep blowing hot air, announced and playable are two different things, we saw gameplay of core ps3 games for move long before it was released, all we've seen with kinect is forza which seemed to control like crap from what everyone saw 

Blowing hot air? Kinect isn't even out. Your trolling 360 everything is annoying. Reminds me of someone else. Don't think I even need to mention the name.  Reported.

tuscaniman said:
theonewhoisme said:
tuscaniman said:
theonewhoisme said:

Blowing hot air? Kinect isn't even out. Your trolling 360 everything is annoying. Reminds me of someone else. Don't think I even need to mention the name.  Reported.

What part of we saw gameplay for core games long before move was out didn't you read? and what are you reporting me for having an opinion contrary to yours and what the current propaganda is 

theonewhoisme said:
tuscaniman said:
theonewhoisme said:
tuscaniman said:
theonewhoisme said:

What part of we saw gameplay for core games long before move was out didn't you read? and what are you reporting me for having an opinion contrary to yours and what the current propaganda is 

Those few words show us your bias against the product. You're free to not like it but you havent tried it yet and are attacking the opinions of others who have.