By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - MAG goes Greatest Hits

buzzard said:

I though it had to become a million seller to be eligible for greatest hit status, was I wrong?

You are wrong that it has to reach a million. It has to reach 500k.

But you are right that MAG is not eligible. It has to be on the market for 10 months. It's only been 8 months or so.

Around the Network
raptors11 said:

Wow I can't believe its getting greatest hits status. It had so much potential but IMO it was disappointing. Glad to see it did well though.

i thought so myself at first, but then it grew on me when i understood it more, plus the online support for it is godsend, and they're releasing MAG 2.0 soon which has a mode with all the factions in one battlefield

I live for the burn...and the sting of pleasure...
I live for the sword, the steel, and the gun...

- Wasteland - The Mission.

ssj12 said:
buzzard said:

OK, Now it seems Sony is really desperate to sell some PS Move because MAG does not qualifiy for "Greatest Hits"

yes it does. It is a great game that sold over 400k.

Now it has sold 914 k. I think that with the price of  "Greatest Hits" it will be soon a million seller.

http://www.vgchartz.com/game.php?id=35119

Sony can fast track its own games to greatest hits without too much trouble. In this case it wasn't out long enough but the sales were there and sony probably wanted a cheap core game for move to be on the shelves. 

ǝןdɯıs ʇı dǝǝʞ oʇ ǝʞıן ı ʍouʞ noʎ 

Ask me about being an elitist jerk

Time for hype

Has anyone played the beta of MAG with "move" support? 

Around the Network
Severance said:
raptors11 said:

Wow I can't believe its getting greatest hits status. It had so much potential but IMO it was disappointing. Glad to see it did well though.

i thought so myself at first, but then it grew on me when i understood it more, plus the online support for it is godsend, and they're releasing MAG 2.0 soon which has a mode with all the factions in one battlefield

All 3 PMC's on one map? Now that's interesting. I think it'd be nice if they also had the roles of the teams switch on the maps too. Perhaps a sort of "Team, we lost our base 12 hours ago. This is a critical position so we need to resecure it as soon as possible" type of thing.

I wasn't going to get it at full price, but I'm seeing used prices around $25 after shipping so who knows. I'd like to get it cheaper though because I know for a fact I just don't have the time needed to get to really level up in this game.

Severance said:
raptors11 said:

That's pretty cool. I think its dropped in price since release so maybe I'll check it out.