By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Stargate Universe is about to return!!! eeeeekkk!!!

I saw the first five episodes of season one and i can't say i liked it.

The characters are generally unlikable. There is no adventure - apparantly replaced by some sex here and there. The later episodes of SGA had its problems too, but it still appealed. The intrige of getting of the ship could be nice. But the depressing nature of it (ripped straight from BSG) just puts me off. It's entertainment, you know. If i want to be depressed with the world, i could just stay in reality. 

Any way, I don't think its gonna see a third season. The producers got two seasons from the beginning, so season two must really deliver. Its ratings were 1.5 million for the first season finale.  I suspect those numbers will only drop. Sad. I wanted it to be good.

In the wilderness we go alone with our new knowledge and strength.

Around the Network

I liked the change of pace SGU gave us. I liked how it felt like one continuous story not an arc with filler episodes shoved in.

As for getting to like the characters I agree. It took me around 5 eps before I liked them.

I dont know I would go so far as to say I dont like it, I just felt kinda let down, I loved SG-1 and really liked Atlantis, so I was expecting it to be more like them (in terms of the fact they both had great cast/characters), but like I said, the only characters I really liked in season 1 were Rush and Eli (and to a lesser extent Chloe (though for different reasons, lol)).

if they can get it right plot wise in season 2, I retain hope for it, the plots in season 1 were very hit and miss, the finale was one of the best of the season by some distance though.

Im a huge SG fan and from my own perspective I am definitely enjoying SGU.

It is a complete new outlook on the franchise and I have enjoyed every single part of it.  It does have its ramp-up time, but once season one started going I was not let down. 

Im still hoping for those SGA movies that we were promised....

Ssenkahdavic said:

Im still hoping for those SGA movies that we were promised....

same, they seem to have put those and the SG-1 films on the back burner though

Around the Network

Well, watched  the premier last night and overall liked it. Its clearly setting up some big stuff for this season, though a bigger take back of the ship would have been nice than the predictable way it happened.

btw, I wish they would have kept Kiva, she was a hottie, and Lt. Johansen (sp?) wore way too much clothing in this one. ;)

Also, hoping we see more of the SG1 and SGA movies as has been promised.